Springfield @ Dickson Co.

Kevin38

Springfield's defense isnt too shabby itself. My original prediction of 27-13 was premature.....

Springfield 20

DC 13

Don't have a dog in this fight, but after hearing what Dickson has done this season and watching the Springfield game last week, I just don't think Springfield will be able to hang with DC. DC rolls! 28-7

Don't have a dog in this fight, but after hearing what Dickson has done this season and watching the Springfield game last week, I just don't think Springfield will be able to hang with DC. DC rolls! 28-7

Hearing what Springfield did to NE, Clarksville High, and Greenbrier this season, and watching Dickson County against Northwest I say 34 - 13 Jackets. Springfield has had tougher compatetion, and from what I hear the only team to beat the Jackets this year are themselves. Guess we will see tomorrow night!

Hearing what Springfield did to NE, Clarksville High, and Greenbrier this season, and watching Dickson County against Northwest I say 34 - 13 Jackets. Springfield has had tougher compatetion, and from what I hear the only team to beat the Jackets this year are themselves. Guess we will see tomorrow night!

Wow...a bold prediction to think that Dickson will give up 34 points! They haven't even given up a combined 34 points all season! I think you may be in for a disappointing night tonight. I hate to say it but I don't think this game will be as close as people predict. DC 34 SHS 14 (most of those points will be at the end of the game against DC's seconds)

No way Dickson allows 34 points....even IF Springfield pulled the upset...and yes, it would be an upset at this point. Springfield has a good team, but the Cougars do as well. They held last year's State runner up to 10 points yet Springfield is gonna hang 34 on them...seriously doubt it!

By the way...apparently you a posting and making predictions using "hear say" information. I didn't see any kid from Springfield wearing Red and White last week. They got beat by an excellent football team last week AND probably will be beaten again this week by another very good team.

No way Dickson allows 34 points....even IF Springfield pulled the upset...and yes, it would be an upset at this point. Springfield has a good team, but the Cougars do as well. They held last year's State runner up to 10 points yet Springfield is gonna hang 34 on them...seriously doubt it!

By the way...apparently you a posting and making predictions using "hear say" information. I didn't see any kid from Springfield wearing Red and White last week. They got beat by an excellent football team last week AND probably will be beaten again this week by another very good team.

Granted, but if HC had 6 TOs and lost you would be saying the same thing. I believe DC and HC are very similar and if Springfield can eliminate mistakes/turnovers, they will have a very good chance at winning this game. Having said that, I dont see them scoring 34 points either.....

Granted, but if HC had 6 TOs and lost you would be saying the same thing. I believe DC and HC are very similar and if Springfield can eliminate mistakes/turnovers, they will have a very good chance at winning this game. Having said that, I dont see them scoring 34 points either.....

This will be a good hard hitting game and SHS will play more physical than most think.

My question, Prez, is how good really is DC? They lost to Columbia 10-7, a team they lost to last year by the same margin but put up 19 points. IMO Columbia isn't quite as good this year based on their loss to Tullahoma who was waxed by Blackman and allowed notso good Coffee Co. to score 39 in a 3 point win.Last year Columbia thrashed Tullahoma by 4 TDs.Comparative scores are not all that reliable, I know, but it is all I have to go on not having seen any of these teams. I have seen the Yellow Jackets and am convinced that they are a much better team than last year! How much better is DC? We'll know soon.

My question, Prez, is how good really is DC? They lost to Columbia 10-7, a team they lost to last year by the same margin but put up 19 points. IMO Columbia isn't quite as good this year based on their loss to Tullahoma who was waxed by Blackman and allowed notso good Coffee Co. to score 39 in a 3 point win.Last year Columbia thrashed Tullahoma by 4 TDs.Comparative scores are not all that reliable, I know, but it is all I have to go on not having seen any of these teams. I have seen the Yellow Jackets and am convinced that they are a much better team than last year! How much better is DC? We'll know soon.

While we are comparing things here to try and make judgements about both these teams, lets compare what DC did to Springfield last season (a 28-14 victory by the Cougars if I'm not mistaken...at SHS homecoming)...I know, I know Springfield was young and the've gotten better and they have brought back a lot of talent....the reality is, DC has brought back a lot of talent at key positions from last year, as well (they are much improved over last season). So, I just don't see why people would think this is going to be a close game. From my viewpoint I think olddevil is a little nervous that his Patriots may not be the king of the district this year and he is trying to make himself feel good by playing down DC and pumping up SHS (whom his Patriots snuck by last week)...We will wait till Oct. 21 to just see who is the king of this district! Again, my prediction holds DC rolls!!!!

While we are comparing things here to try and make judgements about both these teams, lets compare what DC did to Springfield last season (a 28-14 victory by the Cougars if I'm not mistaken...at SHS homecoming)...I know, I know Springfield was young and the've gotten better and they have brought back a lot of talent....the reality is, DC has brought back a lot of talent at key positions from last year, as well (they are much improved over last season). So, I just don't see why people would think this is going to be a close game. From my viewpoint I think olddevil is a little nervous that his Patriots may not be the king of the district this year and he is trying to make himself feel good by playing down DC and pumping up SHS (whom his Patriots snuck by last week)...We will wait till Oct. 21 to just see who is the king of this district! Again, my prediction holds DC rolls!!!!

Strongside...good post..but, the game will be close...Dickson may pull the victory, but last year's Yellowjackets are just that...last year's Yellowjackets. They are athletic and quick but as you see, when playing quality opponents, they are likely to commit crucial mistakes. Would I be surprised with a Springfield victory, not really but at the same time expect Dickson to win tonite on homecoming!

Devil..the things you say are true as usual...Strongside might not be privy to your wisdom and might sense it as a "nervous devil". Yes, the unknown makes this game a toss up..how good are the Columbia Lions, how good are the Cougars, I don't guess we'll know until we see each team in person or via some video recording. I would love to see this game tonite in Dickson however, I hope we get an update during our game tonite!

Strongside...good post..but, the game will be close...Dickson may pull the victory, but last year's Yellowjackets are just that...last year's Yellowjackets. They are athletic and quick but as you see, when playing quality opponents, they are likely to commit crucial mistakes. Would I be surprised with a Springfield victory, not really but at the same time expect Dickson to win tonite on homecoming!

Devil..the things you say are true as usual...Strongside might not be privy to your wisdom and might sense it as a "nervous devil". Yes, the unknown makes this game a toss up..how good are the Columbia Lions, how good are the Cougars, I don't guess we'll know until we see each team in person or via some video recording. I would love to see this game tonite in Dickson however, I hope we get an update during our game tonite!

Springfield will eventually overcome it's youth and if they do they will put up huge numbers on someone. Who knows it may be tonight.

Springfield will eventually overcome it's youth and if they do they will put up huge numbers on someone. Who knows it may be tonight.

I agree, they have yet to play a complete game, and will be a very dangerous team if they can work out the kinks. If they can take a good step foward elimnating mistakes/TOs tonite, this will be a very interesting game.....