32 members have voted

1. 1. who do you think will win

• Smyrna
    • Ensworth

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a coach, I don't even play one on TV. But when you get the ball one time in the second half and Ensworth shows that they can simply ground out the clock, you MUST go for it on 4th down and 4 from the plus side of the field with only 5 minutes left. Instead we run a quick kick (which was terribly short) and within one play Ensworth has it past where the line of scrimmage would have been if Smyrna doesn't punt. Unfortunate loss, but maybe this is a blessing in disguise. Now get ready for Riverdale.

Ensworth is a different team from the one that played Oakland. They have remedied the QB situation (i.e., the more natural QB who was the backup early in the season is now the starter), their backs are healthier, and, for the first time this season, played consecutive games for the first time tonight (momentum). EHS is still down a bit from 2009, but their opportunistic defense is good enough to keep them in any game.

I'm not a coach, I don't even play one on TV. But when you get the ball one time in the second half and Ensworth shows that they can simply ground out the clock, you MUST go for it on 4th down and 4 from the plus side of the field with only 5 minutes left. Instead we run a quick kick (which was terribly short) and within one play Ensworth has it past where the line of scrimmage would have been if Smyrna doesn't punt. Unfortunate loss, but maybe this is a blessing in disguise. Now get ready for Riverdale.

Great effort by s-dogs.

Don't be running down the coaching, the wonder brothers do a fine job.

i am shocked by this score...dang!

hate smyrna lost but also hats off to ensworth...

heard that the two starting offensive tackles that were banged up against oakland and therefore did not play much...were absolute bulldozers against the defensive line of smyrna...off tackle right and off tackle left...and that the new QB is the real deal! still shocked! things are going to get interested for sure!

I haven't seen Oakland, but I said after the MBA game that Ensworth was the best 0-2 team in the state. There was really no point in that game where MBA shut down the EHS offense. Ensworth had several fumbles, and MBA is nothing if not opportunistic. They have size and speed, and the QB could throw the ball well. I'd rather MBA not have to play them again until next season.

And hats off to Smyrna for scheduling this one. I see no tangible benefit to this one for you, beyond teaching your kids the value and dignity of testing yourselves against the best. Likewise, I haven't seen any of the apparently obligatory comments regarding recruiting, and none of the posters have used the term "best team money can buy." Apparently, y'all seem to limit your comments to a discussion of football. I stick mostly to the Div 2 boards, and when one of us plays a Div 1 team, we get a pretty steady diet of such comments. So I've found this thread a little unusual, but also enjoyable. I think the word I'm looking for here is "classy." Best of luck on the rest of your season.

I haven't seen Oakland, but I said after the MBA game that Ensworth was the best 0-2 team in the state. There was really no point in that game where MBA shut down the EHS offense. Ensworth had several fumbles, and MBA is nothing if not opportunistic. They have size and speed, and the QB could throw the ball well. I'd rather MBA not have to play them again until next season.

And hats off to Smyrna for scheduling this one. I see no tangible benefit to this one for you, beyond teaching your kids the value and dignity of testing yourselves against the best. Likewise, I haven't seen any of the apparently obligatory comments regarding recruiting, and none of the posters have used the term "best team money can buy." Apparently, y'all seem to limit your comments to a discussion of football. I stick mostly to the Div 2 boards, and when one of us plays a Div 1 team, we get a pretty steady diet of such comments. So I've found this thread a little unusual, but also enjoyable. I think the word I'm looking for here is "classy." Best of luck on the rest of your season.

As another DII fan tired of the same old BS from certain DI schools, I heartily agree.

that was a great game! Ensworth..Holy crap your team is huge and fast! defiantly one of the best 2-2 teams ive seen. and no one can use the excuses they use in DI of they paid the refs...for the most part perfect calls..Smyrna shot ourselves in the foot on this one...Congrats on the win...Bulldogs, They play similar to Riverdale with smash-mouth run the ball down your throats. we have to work on our run defense this week to stop riverdale defiantly a great game right before riverdale...Enswworth good luck next week....btw did anyone keep my crow warm?

This thread is unusual. Smyrna has never been known for being classy.