MUS is not the team they were last year.

olemissreb44

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MUS is not the team they were last year. They got beat by South Panola Tigers and Olive Branch Quistors who are two 6A teams out of Mississippi. MUS beat both of them last year but not this year.

Contrary to what some people think, MUS does not and can not just go out and "buy" players with "scholarships" to replace 19 starters and 34 seniors lost to graduation. The last 2 years were extraordinary. This year they are average for MUS, which is still not half bad. They have years when they don't break .500 This could be one of those years, although 6-4 or 7-3 are more likely. Of course, they could "put it all together" with some timely "breaks" and go 8-2, but I don't see the talent or depth to get there. However, they have no lack of heart, as evidenced by their comeback from 25-0 deficit to Olive Branch to a chance to win in the last minute

Alcoa is just as good this year as they were last year.....

When you have a moment, why don't you talk about the 2002 and 2003 Tornadoes? What were they, F2 and F3?

You, BCsportsfan and your ilk surf all the threads having nothing to do with Alcoa looking for a chance to make one of your snarkey comments. Since you play only one decent team annually and early, all you can do the rest of the season is denigrate everybody else. This doesn't elevate your team's reputation. It only cements yours as the most obnoxious posters on Coach T.

By the way, APB, I remember how you TRIED to downplay MUS' victory over S Panola last year by saying SP wasn't that good, that they would lose to Madison Central, etc. How'd that work out for you? Absolutely brilliant!

Also, you should have noticed that the new best team in DII, thusly your main target, should be Brentwood Academy. It makes you look even smaller than you already are to belittle MUS this year when they're down. Direct your barbs at BA and see once again how much respect that tactic wins for your team around the state.

When you have a moment, why don't you talk about the 2002 and 2003 Tornadoes? What were they, F2 and F3?

You, BCsportsfan and your ilk surf all the threads having nothing to do with Alcoa looking for a chance to make one of your snarkey comments. Since you play only one decent team annually and early, all you can do the rest of the season is denigrate everybody else. This doesn't elevate your team's reputation. It only cements yours as the most obnoxious posters on Coach T.

By the way, APB, I remember how you TRIED to downplay MUS' victory over S Panola last year by saying SP wasn't that good, that they would lose to Madison Central, etc. How'd that work out for you? Absolutely brilliant!

Also, you should have noticed that the new best team in DII, thusly your main target, should be Brentwood Academy. It makes you look even smaller than you already are to belittle MUS this year when they're down. Direct your barbs at BA and see once again how much respect that tactic wins for your team around the state.

Hey there hootiebooster!

Alcoa would love to play better teams, the eastern TN DII teams have had enough beat downs.....the F5 would love to show MUS there is no need to go out of state for a beat down! :)

Hey there hootiebooster!

Alcoa would love to play better teams, the eastern TN DII teams have had enough beat downs.....the F5 would love to show MUS there is no need to go out of state for a beat down! :)

Same old bovine excrement. Booooring. I have no doubt that the Alcoa team and fans would like to play better competition (how else can you get more recognition?) but it's NOT happening and, as you know deep down, the REAL problem is Rankin et al who make the schedule. To keep implying that DII teams are afraid to play Alcoa when anyone can see the caliber of the teams they DO play, is patently ridiculous. I seriously doubt Rankin is courting any DII teams, much less the better ones. I do know he tried to get a game with Franklin Road Academy last year. Wow! That's a headliner game to upgrade your schedule! LOL

Alcoa might well "beat down" MUS this year, so what? Quite a few teams could beat the Owls this year, but that has no relevance to the last 2 years, just as the fabulous Tornadoes of 2002 and 2003 have no relevance to this year. If we can get beaten up by the best team in the United States at home or just an hour down I-55, why would we choose to travel 8 hours to the other end of the state to get beaten by the 3A champion of Tennessee? MUS and other DII teams don't need to schedule Alcoa or any 3A team to prove anything. Our schedule is just fine without them, thank you. Alcoa is the team with some schedule building to do, but you keep telling yourself that Alcoa's schedule is just fine too and see how hard it is to get rated the best team in TN much less in the top 20 nationally. Why not make some "offers that can't be refused" and see what happens? If other teams can find competitive games, why can't Alcoa? Good teams usually want to play each other and find a way to do so. That's why I find it hard to believe Rankin et al are trying very hard. And remember, 2 teams could want to play each other but can't work out the logistics, due to established commitments to league games and local rivalries. In that case, it's really the fault of nobody, not one team being "chicken."

Alcoa has had some great teams recently but no way to prove on the field just how great because their schedulers have failed them, for whatever reason. Fans protesting "we're better than you" ad nauseam doesn't sway anybody. Alcoa's generally noncompetitive schedule gets blamed on everybody but the people at AHS. That's why it doesn't improve. I can't imagine how boring and frustrating it must be every year to have the season begin and end with one game in early September and then have nothing to look forward to except beating the crud out of lesser teams. I feel sorry for you.

Same old bovine excrement. Booooring. I have no doubt that the Alcoa team and fans would like to play better competition (how else can you get more recognition?) but it's NOT happening and, as you know deep down, the REAL problem is Rankin et al who make the schedule. To keep implying that DII teams are afraid to play Alcoa when anyone can see the caliber of the teams they DO play, is patently ridiculous. I seriously doubt Rankin is courting any DII teams, much less the better ones. I do know he tried to get a game with Franklin Road Academy last year. Wow! That's a headliner game to upgrade your schedule! LOL

Alcoa might well "beat down" MUS this year, so what? Quite a few teams could beat the Owls this year, but that has no relevance to the last 2 years, just as the fabulous Tornadoes of 2002 and 2003 have no relevance to this year. If we can get beaten up by the best team in the United States at home or just an hour down I-55, why would we choose to travel 8 hours to the other end of the state to get beaten by the 3A champion of Tennessee? MUS and other DII teams don't need to schedule Alcoa or any 3A team to prove anything. Our schedule is just fine without them, thank you. Alcoa is the team with some schedule building to do, but you keep telling yourself that Alcoa's schedule is just fine too and see how hard it is to get rated the best team in TN much less in the top 20 nationally. Why not make some "offers that can't be refused" and see what happens? If other teams can find competitive games, why can't Alcoa? Good teams usually want to play each other and find a way to do so. That's why I find it hard to believe Rankin et al are trying very hard. And remember, 2 teams could want to play each other but can't work out the logistics, due to established commitments to league games and local rivalries. In that case, it's really the fault of nobody, not one team being "chicken."

Alcoa has had some great teams recently but no way to prove on the field just how great because their schedulers have failed them, for whatever reason. Fans protesting "we're better than you" ad nauseam doesn't sway anybody. Alcoa's generally noncompetitive schedule gets blamed on everybody but the people at AHS. That's why it doesn't improve. I can't imagine how boring and frustrating it must be every year to have the season begin and end with one game in early September and then have nothing to look forward to except beating the crud out of lesser teams. I feel sorry for you.

the Real truth is Alcoa and Maryville will host a Blount County Bowl in week O to help obtain teams for the next couple of years. The list of DII's has already been called with NO takers....MUS said their schedule was already full. So, you keep spewing the Rankin's not going to play the DII's lie....but it very apparent who's dodging who!!

Oh he's courting them all right....as long as by "courting" you mean calling 2-3 hundred times any time any one of them has a job opening.

OwlBooster, I will come clean. that was the best attempt at trolling I have done to date. I got what I was looking for.

Last season we had to listen to all you 901'ers snack cake the F5 for whatever reason you could see fit. (Rankin this...schedule that...) Now the glove is on the other foot and you can't hack it.

Yeah I missed a playoff game prediction in Mississippi. Thought Madison had something but was wrong when I saw them play Clinton last year at Clinton.

But I did not miss the prediction that Alcoa would roll through their schedule last season and guess what? They will this year too.

About the Bowl game that BC was talking about??

It is true. Two year deal, you play Alcoa one year and Maryville the next...and get paid to do so.

$3500? Free??

Everyone was tossing Little Debbies at Maryville up until last season as well....If anyone wants a part of Blount County Football...Now is your chance. But neither of us are traveling, You gotta do it here!

8a4372f1.jpg

The first of the bowl games will be played at Maryville....