MUS is not the team they were last year.

olemissreb44

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong again hootie...........Alcoa traveled out of state and played KY state championship team Bell County last year!......NOW that's fact. :thumb:

As usual, you are picking on a SINGLE word. Change "good" to "competitive." And they did not WIN the KY state championship. The 2008 team did. You didn't play them, not that it would have made much difference. I dare say not many fans thought you had any business playing them, but it may have been the best you could do. I give you credit for trying. There are very few ELITE teams in KY and they were NOT one of them. They were NOT in your league. So it really proved little other than you were better than the #2 KY 4A team. Most people had that figured out beforehand. The best teams in the lower divisions of any state, and even the higher divisions of many states, rarely are elite teams. Alcoa is an exception obviously. Not to say that beating BC wasn't a plus on your resume, it was, but it really didn't elevate your recognition status. You need to find a way to play those elite teams. As has always been the case, this is meant to be CONSTRUCTIVE criticism of your schedule and the people who make it, NOT ANY criticism of your TEAM! Lord knows, nobody ever says anything negative about your team - they play the hand they're dealt, they go out and beat all comers. Which is why I find the incessant attacks on the MUS TEAM so remarkable. Attack our schedule and call us "girls" if you must, but know that really does make you look childish and foolish. I suggest you start throwing out some "double dog dares" and even "triple dog dares." That's not quite so bad.

Why are there no takers for a Blount County Bowl Game ? Surely MBA , MUS , & BA would want some of that , at least worth talking about , don't you think guys ? No knock on MUS , but a 2 year Bowl series involving MBA , BA , Maryville & Alcoa would be off the Charts and receive National attention .

I'd much rather talk about something like this than using Algebra , Trigonometry , and a Slide Rule as a way to get out of playing Alcoa !! :roflol:

A "Slide Rule?" R U kidding? Just how old R U?

As I wrote on the other thread on the D2 board, MUS' victory over S. Panola might be the most impressive win ever for a TN team over an out-of-state opponent. Among all of the impressive out-of-state victories amassed by TN D2 teams--BA over Pascagoula, MBA over Moeller, Bolles, Trinity, etc.--this is probably atop the list. Anyone who wants to disparage that victory is simply embarassing themselves (but that won't stop them).

As for Alcoa/Maryville, whatever fairy tales they want to spin, who cares? Maryville hasn't even won the past 2 years and we (MUS and MBA) own regular season wins over the teams that beat them for the titles (White Station and Hillsboro, respectively). So Maryville doesn't really command that much signifacance anymore. When they were at their peak, they chose not to play against MBA/BA in the Clinic Bowl (2005). Rankin and Alcoa are in either single A or double A or something like that. We'll keep looking for games in the 5-6 A range with elite teams like Smyrna, Oakland, Ravenwood, etc.

A lot of teams would love to go 27-3 with 2 state runner ups. Pretty good for an insigificant team. I do know this. Maryville played a bunch of sophomores last year. Maryville only starts a handful of seniors this year. The Junior,Sophomore and Freshmen classes are really good. The Middle School team is 7-0 with a winning margin of 42-6. 2 of those wins were over Webb Middle and Alcoa Middle.

I think you are the same person that said Red Bank,Melrose,Hillsboro,Maplewood,Powell,Pearl Cohn,Whites Creek,Memphis East,Clinton,Halls and Central accomplished more than Maryville. Maryville has won more championships than all those teams put together. That post about Maryville accomplishing nothing because they never played a private school is as arrogant and obnoxious as it gets.

See Hootie............Alcoa and Maryville have won 14 state championships the last ten years. Plus, Alcoa has won every DII matchup the last 21 years. Alcoa and Maryville simply reload every year. We don't have to go buy $$$$$ talent so we can be good 1 out of every 10 years! :roflolk:

Ya know, I went back and read this entire thread just to make sure I didn't make any more earth shattering history changing errors like confusing you with Pepvol. BTW, I would recommend everybody to go back and read this entire thread from the beginning to remind yourselves what it started out as and what it now has become thanks to those wonderful Blount County folks doing what they do so well - invading other threads and changing the topic of the conversation to themselves. One more of many (and no doubt more to come) examples of why they are so universally respected.

I did change my mind about an earlier recommendation to resurrect your "Is Alcoa the best team in TN in any classification" thread. Kick it up a notch to match your egos - "Is Alcoa the best team in the USA in any classification." Now there's a challenge for your disciples. Keep up all the name calling at anybody that disagrees with you and denigrating all the other teams in TN. That's a given. But now you must lobby the national rating groups. Start off by educating them that you beat BA in 1990 (don't mention 1989) and NOW they are the best team in IIAA. Tell them last year you beat the KY 4A champions from the year before. Of course you mention Maryville, your big conquest. But don't bring up Middlesboro or even McCallie - they haven't been very good for a while. Or you COULD mention that you so humiliated McCallie in 2005 and 2006 that they still haven't recovered. There's the ticket! Pretty soon it'll be WATCH OUT South Panola, Trinity, Hoover, Thomas Aquinas et al - run for your lives to the tornader shelters, here comes the almighty F5! Triple dog dare those chickens to come to the Blount County Bowl or whatever for a good ol' BC "beat down" and you'll even help pay their way. And after the game they can stay overnight at the local Four Seasons Resort then go to either Six Flags Over Blount County or Disney World-Maryville to lick their wounds and get over their loss. And no doubt some of you will follow them there to jeer. I think I can already hear all those calls of "Overrated!" Sounds like great fun. Sorry, but I won't be able to make it to your historic occasion. If I'm not at the Bridges Classic I'll be taking a late summer's break at my FL condo. Good Luck anyway!

Edited by owlbooster

Arguing with us has to be a lot more exciting than listening to the Crickets Chirp in your lonely little corner of Tennessee Football ! Please don't reply with another Novel , I keep falling asleep everytime I attempt to read your posts .

It's true, if your attention span is limited to a few lines of boasting and name-calling, then you need to read only the posts emanating from Blount County. Is that succinct enough for you?

A lot of teams would love to go 27-3 with 2 state runner ups. Pretty good for an insigificant team. I do know this. Maryville played a bunch of sophomores last year. Maryville only starts a handful of seniors this year. The Junior,Sophomore and Freshmen classes are really good. The Middle School team is 7-0 with a winning margin of 42-6. 2 of those wins were over Webb Middle and Alcoa Middle.

I think you are the same person that said Red Bank,Melrose,Hillsboro,Maplewood,Powell,Pearl Cohn,Whites Creek,Memphis East,Clinton,Halls and Central accomplished more than Maryville. Maryville has won more championships than all those teams put together. That post about Maryville accomplishing nothing because they never played a private school is as arrogant and obnoxious as it gets.

I never said that. Don't start going pepvol on me and making stuff up. I couldn't comment on about half of those teams. I respect the teams like Oakland, Smyrna, LaVergne, Ravenwood, Maplewood...and yes, even Alcoa (pre-Rankin) that are playing us. BC seems to think this is all some sort of pecker contest. I don't care if we win the games. They are just....hold on a second....actually fun to play! Like the 2 game series we had with Hillsboro...I guarantee you not one person--player, fan, or parent--walked away from that series saying, "that was a bad idea."....except apparently the Hillsboro decision-makers.

And where did I say Maryville had accomplished nothing? You are probably confusing my stuff with pepvol and BC who love to belittle everyone else's accomplishments. Everyone was obsessed over Maryville playing D2 teams when it was running off 70 wins in a row. In fairness, aside from pepvol, none of the Maryville fans are talking about it any more. The D2 teams have played the last 2 champs from that size. Obsessing over Maryville doesn't make sense anymore, when we can get the actual champions on our schedule. Nor would Maryville (or anyone else for that matter) caring about MBA or BA right now. If you want to talk about playing MUS and not either of us, that's fair too.

MBA, BA, Maryville, and Riverdale should all be playing because it would be fun for everyone involved...that's it, period. Have no idea who would win the game. Only BC seems to have this obsession with "mine is bigger than yours." Usually those people are the ones "lacking" anyways.

Edited by big red big blue

So we can add NECROPHILIA to your other charming traits. She's been dead for over 20 years. Sorry, but my Dad died at the same time....

Hey, there is absolutely nothing wrong with BC's neck....on another note, I found some classic footage of the Owl feeder program....the Fighting Accountants. Check out this unfair advantage!

http://www.youtube.com/user/videopollen?feature=pyv&ad=4256568671&kw=NFL#p/u/1/cB56scCfe3g

Edited by scots50

It's true, if your attention span is limited to a few lines of boasting and name-calling, then you need to read only the posts emanating from Blount County. Is that succinct enough for you?

It has now been 8 hours since the last post was made in DII ..... On game day too . I don't blame you and Bigred one bit for being here . Maybe you guys should just do whatever it takes to come on back to DI .... I mean as superior as you all are it wouldn't matter if you lost a few players would it ? I'm sure you guys would still be good enough to put us in our place ...... COME AND GET YOU SOME !! :roflol:

Owlbooster

There are fans from all schools that run their mouth a lot. Alcoa,Maryville and the Private Schools have them.

That's true. I may not be that well "surfed" but I see only Blount County posters routinely traveling around the net to insert themselves into threads that have nothing to do with their teams and where they definitely are not wanted. And they usually are not there to add anything meaningful to the conversation; they are there to stir up controversy, often where there isn't any.

Take this thread for example. Look at the last Pepvol post. The topic: MUS is not the team they were last year. As probably the only person actually associated with MUS who does more than read the threads, it was appropriate for me to respond that this was (obviously) true and why. I had some insight, as did anybody who had seen MUS play both last year and this year. Look at what the hijackers from BC turned the thread into. Not an isolated event.

The boasting and bragging and score predictions are part of the sports threads. But they have a proper time and place - on the divisional threads and more specifically the pregame "A" vs "B" threads. And they generally have a good or fun nature to them. Roaming BCers often have a distinctly different tone.

Edited by owlbooster