MUS is not the team they were last year.

olemissreb44

Well maybe you haven't been around long enough to realize that this going back and forth between Maryville/Alcoa and the Privates was first brought on by the Private fans . Brandon100 , a BA fan , started a post a day bashing Maryville for probably 2 years straight . DII has always had my respect , but the non stop bashing was enough to get anyone defensive . Maybe you just skim over the shots directed towards the Blount co schools , and maybe you didn't notice the Ensworth fan who came onto the Maryville / Alcoa thread to let us know how inferior we were to DII . I for one am tired of it , and I would love to see no more DII , so this could be settled on the field . If you don't see the chip on the shoulder that DII has , then you must not want to see it . I understand why the DII schools feel like they need to bash any Public school getting attention , Brandon100 bashed Maryville constantly because he hated all the attention that the winning streak got a public school , so he tried to upset The Maryville fans enough to try and get a Matchup with BA .... He could care less by doing that he was bashing a school that worked hard to get where they were .

You have to give respect to get it , as long as people like Bigred are saying Maryville is insignificant , and Alcoa don't play anybody ... well you get back what you give .

Wow! That's a lot of extra context to absorb. Sounds like this Brandon guy needed to be spanked! I can only speak for myself. I have no hostility for the Alcoa team, and I think that because of your background you are reading too much negativity into what people say. As far as the Ensworth fan coming onto your thread, I wouldn't know because usually I only read the DII and the local 5A/6A threads. Anybody who crosses those thread borders should be very politic.

I think BigRed could have worded his comments more carefully, especially when some are so hypersensitive. I personally read the Maryville comment to mean that they were not "insignificant" but rather less significant only in the relative sense that Alcoa has beaten them 2 years in a row (and is now the top dog in the neighborhood) AND they have not won 6A in the last 2 years, having lost to teams that lost to multiple IIAA teams to boot. I think that's a pretty fair opinion. That's just the current pecking order. Most would agree that Maryville certainly is one of the 10 ten teams in the state and maybe one of the top five. That's NOT a slur in MY eyes.

As far as the schedule, everybody knows Alcoa plays somebody good - Maryville, every year. But that's been it for a while. Bell County probably is in that "good" category, but they're no Trinity, Highlands or Xavier. Your problem is you're 3A so most of your games are locked up by teams that are not remotely competitive with you and probably never will be.

I don't know what barriers there are to doing so, but it would behoove you to move up to 6A or even 5A IF YOU CAN because it would give you a better "base" schedule. True TN HS FB fans want Alcoa to "be all that you can be." That's gonna take some schedule improvement.

Edited by owlbooster

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic