Smith County vs Upperman

glover

Smith County vs Upperman  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Smith County High School Owls
    • Upperman High School Bees

Been a while!!!!!! Caught my first game of the year, Friday night.:( Don't you guys have enough confidence in our coaching staff???? One week we have one of the best, then now we are questioning things. I think this will take care of itself. I have caught two jv games thus far. In one game #25 looked average on the jv squad. In one game, against much inferior competition, he looked great. In time he will be great, how much time I don't know. We shall see. However, I think we have a great group of coaches. They will do what is best for the team!!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been a while!!!!!! Caught my first game of the year, Friday night.:( Don't you guys have enough confidence in our coaching staff???? One week we have one of the best, then now we are questioning things. I think this will take care of itself. I have caught two jv games thus far. In one game #25 looked average on the jv squad. In one game, against much inferior competition, he looked great. In time he will be great, how much time I don't know. We shall see. However, I think we have a great group of coaches. They will do what is best for the team!!!

:thumb:

I didn't mean to stop all the chatter. Just giving my honest opinion. Our program has been good because of good coaching. By getting the best out of the young men who give it all for SC. I can't think of many times that they were out-coached. A few, but not many. I think Manning's time will increase as we go.

I agree with your opinion. Coaches are there ever snap in practice, jv games, and Friday nights. They would know more than I.

:excl:

Hey! This ain't Macon County. Nobody is calling for anyone's head. I don't see anyone bashing, or really even questioning, the coaches. People are just getting on here and stating there opinions to see what everyone else thinks. I highly doubt the kid gets anymore playing time, just because a bunch of us old hacks get on here and speak our minds. :popcorneater:

Anyway, Owls should handle the Bees. I have heard they are way down this year. Youngsters should see some action. I think #21 is cleared to play so I look forward to seeing this youngster for the first time in several weeks. Go Owls!

:excl:

I want to see #21 about as much as I want to see #25. I don't know that I've ever seen a tougher kid at his age. I figure we'll get to see a bunch of the youngsters this Friday, provided the older boys show they learned a little last Friday. There is a bunch of soph. and frosh. that show potential.

Anybody know anything about Penny?? Hope he is getting well. I love to watch that kid play.

I want to see #21 about as much as I want to see #25. I don't know that I've ever seen a tougher kid at his age. I figure we'll get to see a bunch of the youngsters this Friday, provided the older boys show they learned a little last Friday. There is a bunch of soph. and frosh. that show potential.

Anybody know anything about Penny?? Hope he is getting well. I love to watch that kid play.

Is #21 the Williams Kid?

so where did you play your college ball at Temite!!!!

College ball??? :lol: You promoted me from waterboy to college ball real quick didn't you peepers.

I know why you ask......your looking for a Coach at Cannon Co. ain't ya???? Thanks but....no thanks. :roflolk:

Edited by Termite

You've had a little more talent at that position in the past.

IMO, if the kid is ready...no injuries, grasp the offense, can hold on to the ball, etc...it's time to go! It looks to me like he's the best option that you got for that position in your offense....thought that since the week 2.

I still think Wakefield needs to get his touches, but I would put him in a different role. Split him out, put him in the slot, get the ball to him in space, like we did with TT. Maximize his abilities. He may be tougher than nails, but his skill set doesn't equate to a "power" back that pounds it 20+ times a game.

Again...this is just my opinion. I'm not a coach, never claimed to be a coach, and I don't play one on tv. ^_^

I don't think we have had as much potential talent at tailback on the same team in a long time. Stephenson and Manning both have a chance to be extremely good. Willams will be a beast at fullback before he is done.

Edited by Antwan

I agree Antwan, and to add to that, I think before his time is done at SC, you will be hearing his name used in conversations like many use with Scott Dirkson. He has that kind of future in my opinion.

Dirkson didn't play much at all until his junior year. Time will tell if he is as good as Juice. He very well could be.