Franklin Co at Tullahoma

binns37388

The Franklin Co Rebels travel the short distance to Tullahoma in one of the oldest and fiercest rivalries in Middle Tennessee in a key District 8AAA contest this Friday night. New head Coach Jim Carr is trying to rebuild the Rebels football program and the Rebels bring a 3-2 overall record and 1-1 district record into Wilkins Stadium. Franklin Co was picked by many so-called experts to finish near the bottom of District 8AAA, but a win over the Tullahoma Wildcats, would put the Rebels into a tie for first place in the district. The Tullahoma Wildcats are riding a 5 game winning streak and fresh from a 62-14 thumping of Warren Co in McMinnville. The Cats are 5-1 overall and 2-0 in District 8AAA. Last year it took 2 overtimes for the Cats to beat the Rebels in Winchester in a game where many people left and didn't get to witness the miracle comeback by Tullahoma. The long range forecast calls for great football weather with temperatures in the 60's at kick-off time which is 7pm. A capacity crowd is expected, but if you can't attend, you can listen to Scott and Binns on the internet at www.fantasyradio.com or Charter channel 6, the local channel on Charter cable tv.

Edited by binns37388

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Franklin Co Rebels travel the short distance to Tullahoma in one of the oldest and fiercest rivalries in Middle Tennessee in a key District 8AAA contest this Friday night. New head Coach Jim Carr is trying to rebuild the Rebels football program and the Rebels bring a 3-2 overall record and 1-1 district record into Wilkins Stadium. Franklin Co was picked by many so-called experts to finish near the bottom of District 8AAA, but a win over the Tullahoma Wildcats, would put the Rebels into a tie for first place in the district. The Tullahoma Wildcats are riding a 5 game winning streak and fresh from a 62-14 thumping of Warren Co in McMinnville. The Cats are 5-1 overall and 2-0 in District 8AAA. Last year it took 2 overtimes for the Cats to beat the Rebels in Winchester in a game where many people left and didn't get to witness the miracle comeback by Tullahoma. The long range forecast calls for great football weather with temperatures in the 60's at kick-off time which is 7pm. A capacity crowd is expected, but if you can't attend, you can listen to Scott and Binns on the internet at www.fantasyradio.com or Charter channel 6, the local channel on Charter cable tv.

This game is beginning to feel like the Tullahoma/FC games of yesteryear. Don't expect a game like last year (A tale of 2 teams). I believe this is gonna be one of the hardest hitting games we've seen in a while. Franklin County is finding their identity and Tullahoma is starting to believe in itself and each other. This team knows it can play with just about anyone and this year can be a special one. If any mom's have manicure appointments this week, they might want to re-schedule them for Saturday. I wouldn't want them to waste their money. :thumb:

With the exception of Trey Burks who is out until possibly the Shelbyville game, everyone should be healthy for the game with the Rebels. Franklin Co seems to be more of a team this season without any superstars, but a bunch of good players. If Tullahoma is not mentally ready to play, there could be an upset. Franklin Co leads the overall series 30-28-2. A lot of people left early last year in Winchester when the Cats made a miracle comeback to defeat the Rebels in double overtime.

Why would you posy under 2 different names? The same birthdate,etc??? And what the crap does a manicure have to do with a football game? FC will be ready to play. They had Lavergne beat last week, but came up a little short. As said above, FC supposedly has no superstars? There are a lot of great players on this TEAM!!! Thank goodness the moron coach from last year is gone!!! But anyway, from the looks of your post looks like you enjoy talking to yourself.

"Posy"? What does a flower have to do with anything? By chance do you mean 'Pose'?

I figure Tullahoma by at least a touchdown.

Why would you posy under 2 different names? The same birthdate,etc??? And what the crap does a manicure have to do with a football game? FC will be ready to play. They had Lavergne beat last week, but came up a little short. As said above, FC supposedly has no superstars? There are a lot of great players on this TEAM!!! Thank goodness the moron coach from last year is gone!!! But anyway, from the looks of your post looks like you enjoy talking to yourself.

What are you talking about? Posy? Apparently you don't know who Binns37388 is. Here is your education. Apparently you know nothing of Tullahoma football. Binns37388 is Binns Jordan, sportswriter and broadcaster for the Wildcats. My son plays for Tullahoma and if you look at my screen name and Tullahoma's roster, you might, I said might, figure out who I am. Read the post again, I was referring to "A Nailbiter." It's just common sense. If you were referring to raider99, look at the date a lot closer.

Edited by DebowsDad

41784105235412869950785.jpg

Franklin Co. will come to town believing they can win. The Wildcats don't need to fall behind early in this one like the Coffee Co. and Lincoln Co. games. Because this could very well be a barnburner.

GO WILDCATS!!!

Tullahoma may score on every posession...the trouble is FC may have the ball a long time.

GOOD LUCK tomorrow night TULLAHOMA WILDCATS!~

:thumb:

Please tell all VETS you know the following:

This Friday, October 1st, at the T H S Football Game against Franklin County, we will host Military Recognition Night. All active and retired military with valid identification will be admitted to the game free. Please join us on the track at 6:30 pm for a special recognition ceremony featuring music by the T H S Band and a special token of appreciation from the band and cheerleaders for all active military and veterans in attendance. Please plan to stay for half-time where the T H S Band will present their 2010 production... "Into the Blue...and Beyond"

Edited by onpoint

I'm not sure it's going to be the barn burner everyone is saying. The Berry kid ran well last week according to the stats. Tullahoma will come out of the gate strong and early. FC will never be able to recover. Davis will throw 2 TD's, Sheffield with a special teams TD, Berry with 2 more. That's a minimum. FC maybe 2 TD's total. Can you say blowout?