BA vs. ENSWORTH

BAEagleFootball

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game will be important to both teams, and will have an impact on playoff seedings.

As usual this game comes down to coaching strategy.

Onside kick-offs, going for 1st down on 4th down, going for 2 vs 1 on extra points, trick plays etc.

Turnovers are normally the deciding factor and again it will be Thursday night.

Can EHS stop BA's fast moving offense is another piece of the game puzzle?

Can BA's defense load up and play EHS strong side offensive line?

Should be a great HS football game.

BA by 10.

This game will be important to both teams, and will have an impact on playoff seedings.

As usual this game comes down to coaching strategy.

Onside kick-offs, going for 1st down on 4th down, going for 2 vs 1 on extra points, trick plays etc.

Turnovers are normally the deciding factor and again it will be Thursday night.

Can EHS stop BA's fast moving offense is another piece of the game puzzle?

Can BA's defense load up and play EHS strong side offensive line?

Should be a great HS football game.

BA by 10.

I think probably turn-overs are the factor on which to focus. I'm not sure what happened against Oakland, but turnovers were the difference against MBA. If Ensworth holds onto the ball in a manner you'd expect from a good team, I think this one is too close to call. If i had to make a call, I'd probably go with your guess, based solely on BA's depth. If you're an EHS fan, hope for cool weather.

On the Ensworth vs Smyrna board last week there were 56 replies and 95% of those replies were pro-Smyrna.

So it was mostly Smyrna fans making predictions to each other. It is no big surprise it has been quiet week on coach t for the BA/EHS game.

Ensworth and BA supporters don't seem to get excited reading oppposing supporters predictions and summaries of the game, except for EHS fans during the week leading up to the EHS/MBA games.

Don't get me wrong, BA and EHS fans are interested in the big game but choose not to participate in the pageantry of the message boards.

Edited by shakinthefat

On the Ensworth vs Smyrna board last week there were 56 replies and 95% of those replies were pro-Smyrna.

So it was mostly Smyrna fans making predictions to each other. So it is no big surprise it has been quiet week on coach t for the BA/EHS game.

Ensworth and BA supporters don't seem to get excited reading oppposing supporters predictions and summaries of the game, except for the EHS/MBA games.

Don't get me wrong they are interested but just don't participate in the pageantry of the message boards.

I would say there are only 8 to 10 DII AA fans state wide that post regularly.

About 2 seasons ago there was a turn in the tone of the board here. The children found it, and instead of it being a good forum for serious discussions of football, it became a haven for trash talking kids taking a break in study hall. It seems to have driven away a number of very good posters, especially the BA crowd, who, as I've said before, were both classy and well-informed. It actually got a little embarrassing, with an MBA-Ensworth thread being shut down by the moderators. Most fo the Ensworth posters from that time are gone but not missed (EHSParent being one exception I can recall, though I'm sure there are others). In fairness, I also cringed at some of the things MBA posters were writing.

That, IMO, accounts for the paucity of posters on this board.

Didn't realize the game was tonight...I'll be headed over to Granny White to take this one in, wearing the brightest red shirt I can find in the closet. Ought to be a good one.

I'm sure you will be welcome there. Looks to be an exciting game this evening. Nice fall weather, a rivalry and a great game to be sure... doesn't get any better!