BAYLOR VS MCCALLIE

landro

Bluemom, sorry but sometimes your passion tends to go overboard alittle bit and runs on the obnoxious side alittle bit. I have never seen a Baylor fan do it on this site....unless it is provoked by your biased remarks. I remember it got you alot of heat last year with your ramblings about what your "blue gentlemen" would do to Baylor. And if I remember correctly the "Baylor gentlemen" really took it to your team. As always in a rivarly game you can never tell what will happen as emotions play a huge part. But I look for the more talented Baylor team to prevail for a 2nd year in a row. I know you mean well....but your little digs at the "visiting team" as you put it come across as arrogant. So in keeping with your tradition...my predictions is:

Baylor 30

Dodds Ave School 20

Bluemom's posts are biased...her name would sorta suggest to the informed that she has a favorite here. You're allowed to be a fan. But her posts also have interesting insight on the games and players, and are kind and thoughtful in the appropriate forum (i.e., the MBA-McCallie thread, when discussing the illness/death of one of the officials). Arrogant? Never, and I read these boards regularly.

Your whining and sophommorically sarcastic post (We're mostly prep school products here; we love good sarcasm. Your post isn't.) calls to mind the term "Ungentlemanly Conduct." Take your nap and come back in a better mood.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch, NDSoccer88! I will grant that I am biased both in terms of being a fan as well as a past president of the booster club. Unfortunately, I am not an alumni (all boys) but am married to one! So most of opinions and posts are definitely colored blue.

Here goes at an attempt to be only slightly biased (this is why I am not a newspaper reporter!) take on this years game. The Blue will have to protect the ball. This has been a challenge this year that I've not seen related to one particular player. It has either been a pic, or a rb fumble or a toss that is off. I'm sure they work on that daily. The offense has become more than one dimensional over the past few games which has been a good sight to see. The new coordinator seems to be settling into the role and mixing it up nicely and finding ways to get some really good playmakers more into the game. The defense has shined at times and at times has broken down. I'm sure they are working and have studied their film and will most definitely be attempting to account for Mr. Huesman. Special teams? What is there to say...too many missed kicks. How important are all special teams units to a team? Vital...affects the whole game plan.

Now, will I say B----- this week? Nah. Will I wear red this week? Nah. Will I tailgate with the Tornado Club and enjoy watching the game at Finley with plenty of room? Most definitely. Will I second guess play calls? Probably not...there are much smarter people coaching than I. Will I second guess officials? Definitely...I live with one and he will have to answer for those even though he won't be there to see it.

Now, I will always believe that we have a legitimate chance at any game we play. That is why we play the game. So if the team across the river wants to take their victory for granted and as a given, go right ahead and overlook the possibility of ending up on the wrong side of the scoreboard. I will be blue before, during and after!

And, if ND stands for Notre Dame, nice having you as a neighbor on Dodds!

Go Big Blue!

Bluemom, sorry but sometimes your passion tends to go overboard alittle bit and runs on the obnoxious side alittle bit. I have never seen a Baylor fan do it on this site....unless it is provoked by your biased remarks. I remember it got you alot of heat last year with your ramblings about what your "blue gentlemen" would do to Baylor. And if I remember correctly the "Baylor gentlemen" really took it to your team. As always in a rivarly game you can never tell what will happen as emotions play a huge part. But I look for the more talented Baylor team to prevail for a 2nd year in a row. I know you mean well....but your little digs at the "visiting team" as you put it come across as arrogant. So in keeping with your tradition...my predictions is:

Baylor 30

Dodds Ave School 20

Hey Soccer88 - last year you apologized for being rude to Bluemon and her wheelchair bound Bluegranddad.

Remember:

"I owe you an apology. I have read several jabs that you had taken in past posts and just assumed (you know what they say about assuming) you had done it again. I do apologize for that and hope that the granddad is doing well. They do love to watch their grandsons play ball."

When you take that nap, the fetal position is the most comfortable.

Oughta be a good one. Baylor must control the ball and keep the McCallie O off the field. Mistakes cost McCallie last week but if they minimize mistakes, it looks to me like they can put some points on the board. That's why it's important for Baylor to control the ball... and the clock.

Is Helton back for Baylor?

Edited by Chattcity

Baylor (I'll say the name) is the favorite and they should win the game. McCallie, is a team that is slowly finding themselves, but it may be too late. McCallie has to hold onto the ball to have a chance in this game. But, if McCallie does hold onto the ball, and holds the Baylor rushing attack to less than 1,200 yards (that's a joke ND Soccer Fan or whatever your nickname is), then our Boys in Blue will have a chance at the end of the game.

I hope for a good, clean battle and a close and suspensful game with no serious injuries to either side. And, without apologies, I dream and yearn for the Blue Tornado to kick some Baylor Butt!

ND Soccer Guy - you owe BlueMom an apology - she is a classy lady, a true fan, and appreciates good football - and if Baylor wins, she will give credit where credit is due.

The ole Mountain Troll mostly slums 'round on the 1A/2A boards, but I had to git in on this one, since them Hosers call us "Baylor North".:roflolk:

I'd like to see another Chattanooga team make a run on Cookeville.

Never thought I'd say it but, Go Big Red!

Hope the Mountain fellers on both sides make us proud. Hope'n more of them fellers decide to be Screamin' Eagles in the future. :roflol:

Edited by MountainTroll

The ole Mountain Troll mostly slums 'round on the 1A/2A boards, but I had to git in on this one, since them Hosers call us "Baylor North".:roflolk:

I'd like to see another Chattanooga team make a run on Cookeville.

Never thought I'd say it but, Go Big Red!

Hope the Mountain fellers on both sides make us proud. Hope'n more of them fellers decide to be Screamin' Eagles in the future. :roflol:

MBA appreciates your support, but isn't involved in this trivial affair.

Thought them Red Raiders taught you fellers who the real Big Red is. :roflolk: :roflolk: :roflolk:

I'm not going to begrudge them a little celebrating this year, since it's their first touchdown against us in 3 years.

Kidding aside, based on watching the two Chattanooga teams play MBA, the difference in the three teams is razor thin. Either of those games could have gone the other way. If McCallie can hold onto the football, y'all could be playing overtimes until Wednesday.

Wouldn't that be awesome! Non-stop football for 5 days! I'd better pack extra snacks! The last OT (if my memory serves) was a double OT on red campus and ended in Blue's favor. I'd take that!

My better bluehalf and I debated a question last night and never reached a consensus. Why do the Red Raiders use a paw print as part of their pagentry? I'm an Auburn grad and used to the multiple personality disorder that football fans have, but neither of us could figure that one out!

Thanks!

Wouldn't that be awesome! Non-stop football for 5 days! I'd better pack extra snacks! The last OT (if my memory serves) was a double OT on red campus and ended in Blue's favor. I'd take that!

My better bluehalf and I debated a question last night and never reached a consensus. Why do the Red Raiders use a paw print as part of their pagentry? I'm an Auburn grad and used to the multiple personality disorder that football fans have, but neither of us could figure that one out!

Thanks!

I guess the paw print comes from wherever the Baylor mascot (still a Tiger?) comes from. It is like Auburn--War Eagle and Tiger vs Red Raider and Tiger.

Thanks!

Now Bluemom....since you have been a part of the Baylor/McCallie rivalry for years I am assuming you really know this. Baylor has always had a tiger as their mascot as you witness when you come to a Baylor sporting event. Thus the paw print. We are not as lucky as Auburn however. We have two....the Red Raiders and the tiger. Auburn has three. The Plainsman, the tigers and war eagle.