2A Playoff Projections

Ascendotuum

I would say that like McKenzie, Dresden may end up in quad 3 when all is said and done. The way I see it one of the three teams (Riverside, McKenzie, Dresden)will end up in quad 4. The other two will end up in quad 3.

If Trenton beats South Fulton, then you can pencil in Trenton with a playoff birth. They would also have to get by Lake County as well If South Fulton (1A) wins, then Trenton could be on the outside looking in (same thing if Lake Co. beats Trenton) and then two of the above mentioned three would be in quad 4 with only one being shipped out.

Trenton would likely end up the benefactor in this scenerio. They are a very strong team at our level. Don't know if Lake or South Fulton can hang with them at all. Am I the only one that feels that TSSAA has complicated all this a bit much?

Edited by duckman38201

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you understand how the playoff selections work and can read between the lines, then what came out today confirms what I posted to start this thread. You can see easily that out of the 5 teams with 3 wins that 2 will be out. If anybody is still under the dis-illusion that Westwood and Douglass are not in and those maps are the gospel has lost their mind. The only difference in what I had was Adamsville could be in instead of Peabody, depending on how Peabody does in their remaining 2 district games (the last game, which is non-district vs 0-7 Gibson Co, is a certain win).

Yes, McKenzie gets stuck in with Trousdale. No doubt. And so does Dresden.

If Adamsville is in, they flip flop with Peabody and still host Westwood.

Quad 4

Riverside 6-1

Humboldt 5-3

TCA 4-3

Adamsville 3-5

Westwood 2-5

Douglass 2-5

Edited by Ascendotuum

If you understand how the playoff selections work and can read between the lines, then what came out today confirms what I posted to start this thread. You can see easily that out of the 5 teams with 3 wins that 2 will be out. If anybody is still under the dis-illusion that Westwood and Douglass are not in and those maps are the gospel has lost their mind. The only difference in what I had was Adamsville could be in instead of Peabody, depending on how Peabody does in their remaining 2 district games (the last game, which is non-district vs 0-7 Gibson Co, is a certain win).

Quad 4

Riverside 6-1

Humboldt 5-3

TCA 4-3

Adamsville 3-5

Westwood 2-5

Douglass 2-5

Son Of A................ :roflolk:

I find it much more likely that with the defeat of Riverside by Dresden, McKenzie will remain in Quadrant 4 as the #1 seed. Because Dresden beat Riverside and McKenzie beat Dresden, Riverside shouldn't be seeded above McKenzie. I believe that when it's all said and done, if it comes down to it, which I'm sure it will, McKenzie would probably win the tie-breaker, if things go as they should.

With that said, if McKenzie does in fact win a tie-breaker with Riverside to be the #1 seed, I believe it would be highly unfair of TSSAA to place McKenzie in with Trousdale as a lower seed when it ought be Riverside.

I find it much more likely that with the defeat of Riverside by Dresden, McKenzie will remain in Quadrant 4 as the #1 seed. Because Dresden beat Riverside and McKenzie beat Dresden, Riverside shouldn't be seeded above McKenzie. I believe that when it's all said and done, if it comes down to it, which I'm sure it will, McKenzie would probably win the tie-breaker, if things go as they should.

With that said, if McKenzie does in fact win a tie-breaker with Riverside to be the #1 seed, I believe it would be highly unfair of TSSAA to place McKenzie in with Trousdale as a lower seed when it ought be Riverside.

Its just messed up any way you slice it. The good thing is,its only one year. Alot of people will be scracthing their head in the following weeks. I talked to a head coach today and he was very upset with this new format. I guess just like the rest of us ,He;ll just have to live with it.Wheather its right or wrong,they have a set formula in order. As far as my part of it I couldn't care less. Just tell us who to play and where, we''ll plug in the GPS and be on our way. Just as soon take a beating one place as another,

Its just messed up any way you slice it. The good thing is,its only one year. Alot of people will be scracthing their head in the following weeks. I talked to a head coach today and he was very upset with this new format. I guess just like the rest of us ,He;ll just have to live with it.Wheather its right or wrong,they have a set formula in order. As far as my part of it I couldn't care less. Just tell us who to play and where, we''ll plug in the GPS and be on our way. Just as soon take a beating one place as another,

If the TSSAA does what the rules say, seeding and being the better team or stacking a quad will not have any affect on the placing of teams in said quads. It stats that teams will be places in quads based "solely" on geographic lines.

Troll, have you looked at the tssaa site today. They have completely changed the quads. Trousdale and Signal in same quad. Might need to update your map.

Quad 4

Riverside 6-1

Humboldt 5-3

TCA 4-3

Adamsville 3-5

Westwood 2-5

Douglass 2-5

Don't believe the Troll's gonna have to change my maps. Ascendotuum's got it right. One o' my maps will be the final quads, you can bet on it. Oh, fergot, bettin' ain't allowed.:roflol:

Ya can see all o' my maps here, The MountainTroll's 2A Playoff Maps

The Troll's votin' for Map #2:thumb:

The TSSAA maps do not include Douglas and Westwood from Memphis. They are 100% in the playoffs already. They have automatically qualified by finishing in the top 2 in their district/region. These 2 will shift everyone east. Where the gerrymandering comes in is in the middle of the state. You have WH-Hert, Friendship, Trousdale, Mt Pleasant, Forrest, Cascade, and possibly Watertown. the T$$AA can draw these to make most money and say geography was used. We have 8 (possibly 9, depending on Peabody) teams in the far west. 6 of these will make up one quad. The other 2 (or 3) will be grouped with 3 or 4 of the middle ones. The other middle ones will go to either Chattanooga or with the schools just west of Knoxville. I guess what Im saying is the T$$AA could justify a million different possibilities geographically, it will ultimately boil down to them trying to project what combo creates biggest payday.

The TSSAA maps do not include Douglas and Westwood from Memphis. They are 100% in the playoffs already. They have automatically qualified by finishing in the top 2 in their district/region. These 2 will shift everyone east. Where the gerrymandering comes in is in the middle of the state. You have WH-Hert, Friendship, Trousdale, Mt Pleasant, Forrest, Cascade, and possibly Watertown. the T$$AA can draw these to make most money and say geography was used. We have 8 (possibly 9, depending on Peabody) teams in the far west. 6 of these will make up one quad. The other 2 (or 3) will be grouped with 3 or 4 of the middle ones. The other middle ones will go to either Chattanooga or with the schools just west of Knoxville. I guess what Im saying is the T$$AA could justify a million different possibilities geographically, it will ultimately boil down to them trying to project what combo creates biggest payday.

Them nice fellers in NashVegas wouldn't do that, would they?:roflol: