TCA @ McKenzie

rebelsnook

How about an article every week on "West Tennessee Football Overview" (maybe even leave out the Jackson teams) and give all the hot teams a heads up? Even if it takes a half page in the sports section I'm sure it would help this situation a LOT!!

Your wish has been granted! McKenzie has been in the Dirty Dozen every week. Check it out From today's Jackson Sun Its not an entire article but it is certainly an acknowledgement of the hottest teams in the Sun area.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL....I Was At The Pressbox...At About.....6:50...And Some Old Dude And A Kid Was In There...And Neither Was As Good Looking As You....So I Figured Ya Stiffed Me And Headed To The Flagpole....Now How Could You Miss A Dude Of My Stature, Im Hard Not To See! But I'll Let You Score It A Mulligan...And We'll Meet Later Ole Friend. :thumb:

I worked the game as a sideline reporter. You would of seen me during the coin toss.

I Aint Never Seen A Player Whip Our Butt Like Kendal Harper From Peabody Done. And Maybe That Was The Performance We Was Looking For. Or Maybe A Marco Daily Type Performance...But Good Luck To J.W. And TCA.

Marco Daily? There is a blast from the recent past. Daily and Washington are similar type players. Washington is the better passer, and I think Daily may have been the better runner. Washington is the better defensive player (what he will be doing at Alabama). Where is Daily these days? I have never heard anything from him as far as college goes.

Daily and crew came to Jackson in 2006 and limped out of town. It was rather similar to the game from Friday. That year, JCS controlled Daily, and this season, McKenzie had a great game plan against TCA.

This "Multiquote" thing is fun isn't it? I just did what you said Butchie and found all the posts where our quarterback was mentioned so now its easy to see where TCA was beating ya'll over the head with Washington prior to the game.

What's the saying.... better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and erase all doubt? Goes for typing too! :thumb:

Butchie, you have to admit, gridiron47 got you there. Pick your jaw up off of your keyboard now!

Wow! This thread is quite interesting. You guys are bashing Jabriel Washington for not taking a hit?.....and now he's not good enough to play at Alabama? lol.... Jabriel Washington is one of the best athletes to come out of West Tenn in a longggggg time. His best high school seasons, in my opinion, were his Freshman and Sophomore seasons due to the fact he had more talent around him. These past 2 years he has been doing it all by himself. Fact is, Jabriel is good enough to play DB at Alabama. If not, Saban would not have recruited him as Saban does coach the DB's at 'Bama. On a side note, I told a guy from McKenzie that used to play for McKenzie that Jabriel would not look like superman out there due to the fact that McKenzie is just that much better than TCA and they'd contain him.

Come on Prez, you know this is a loaded question. These little "once weekly" papers that you targeted can't go to that level and you know it. BUT, there will be a good and accurate article about our game with TCA this week in both. Just as there was when we played Humboldt. The Jackson Sun's primary readers are ALL over north west TN!!!! Not just in Jackson. Probably 70% or more of it's readers are outside Madison Co. and you know I'm telling it like it is!!! Sports wise we don't get treated that way weekly though and you know it!!!!

Duckman...if everyone knows, before they grab the paper (Jackson Sun) out of the machine or driveway, that the sports article you are about to read is biased and schewed...then why be so irritated? Everyone knows prior to reading that the areas outside Madison County aren't gonna get the same attention as those in, I don't see it such a big deal. The Rebels do not need anymore "recognition" to validate their record...they don't need some "nerd in a cubical" telling the rest of West TN that "hey, McKenzie's got a pretty good team"...Everyone already knows this!...regardless whether the Jackson print media wants to acknowledge it. If I were looking for inside info on the Rebels..my first source..(besides you and Butchie) would be the Banner! Hey..at least McKenzie gets to be (for better or worse) a part of the Dandy Dozen. Our daily paper (although a great asset to our fan base & community) eliminates us from being in the poll.

Butchie, you have to admit, gridiron47 got you there. Pick your jaw up off of your keyboard now!

Hey Marco Is At A Community College In Texas....Grades Was An Issue....I Will get The Information From MTP Folks And Contact You With It....He Didn't Get Me With Nothing....All We Have Heard Was About How TCA Is Nothing Without Ya Man...And They We're Right. I Think Ya Was A Better Team When Hamlin Was The QB....But Marco Was A Issue To Deal With For Sure...

Marco Daily? There is a blast from the recent past. Daily and Washington are similar type players. Washington is the better passer, and I think Daily may have been the better runner. Washington is the better defensive player (what he will be doing at Alabama). Where is Daily these days? I have never heard anything from him as far as college goes.

Daily and crew came to Jackson in 2006 and limped out of town. It was rather similar to the game from Friday. That year, JCS controlled Daily, and this season, McKenzie had a great game plan against TCA.

Marco being a better runner than Jabriel is not even a question..... Marco was a man amongst boys.

Hey Marco Is At A Community College In Texas....Grades Was An Issue....I Will get The Information From MTP Folks And Contact You With It....He Didn't Get Me With Nothing....All We Have Heard Was About How TCA Is Nothing Without Ya Man...And They We're Right. I Think Ya Was A Better Team When Hamlin Was The QB....But Marco Was A Issue To Deal With For Sure...

TCA was better when Tomlin was there! Jabriel was even a better player then than he is now due to the fact he had more help on the field. That TCA team was very good.

Wow! This thread is quite interesting. You guys are bashing Jabriel Washington for not taking a hit?.....and now he's not good enough to play at Alabama? lol.... Jabriel Washington is one of the best athletes to come out of West Tenn in a longggggg time. His best high school seasons, in my opinion, were his Freshman and Sophomore seasons due to the fact he had more talent around him. These past 2 years he has been doing it all by himself. Fact is, Jabriel is good enough to play DB at Alabama. If not, Saban would not have recruited him as Saban does coach the DB's at 'Bama. On a side note, I told a guy from McKenzie that used to play for McKenzie that Jabriel would not look like superman out there due to the fact that McKenzie is just that much better than TCA and they'd contain him.

If you will check back to posts made yesterday, I apologized for my "in the heat of the moment" post Friday night and DID note that he could be a very competent DB in the SEC. He played a good game on D against us. I did read the Sun today and the bit noting the top 12 in west TN and that is a step in the right direction. Sorry, I guess from all I'd read and heard I was expecting too much more on offense. Jabriel does throw the ball pretty well, certainly better than Marco......Marco Daly seldom ever thought of throwing it. That offense was a striaght up Single Wing varying to a Wing T and it was all about him running the ball. Grades and his small stature kept him out of the big time schools.