Ensworth Recruiting

No1Likes

I think they recruit which is illegal. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Maybe they do maybe they dont but it usually seems like they probably do.

My thoughts.......Why are you trying to stir the hornets nest on DII boards? There is a Private vs public thread that this topic is better suited. Go over there and submit your 4th post of your life. By the way your other 2 posts on DII are so insightful. I can't wait till you actually add something important.

By the way, I think that monkeys can fly.

Edited by shakinthefat
  • Upvote 1

I think they recruit which is illegal. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Maybe they do maybe they dont but it usually seems like they probably do.

My thoughts.......Why are you trying to stir the hornets nest on DII boards? There is a Private vs public thread that this topic is better suited. Go over there and submit your 4th post of your life. By the way your other 2 posts on DII are so insightful. I can't wait till you actually add something important.

By the way, I think that monkeys can fly.

No1LikesHardcastle is the greatest poster ever! Well . . . maybe he his maybe he isn't but it usually seems like he probably isn't. <_<

• Upvote 1

Two semi final losses to MBA in football and basketball, last year, was maximizing their potential?

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been closed and the poster deleted. Hardcastle is a real person who posted here last season. His posts were biased and sometimes a little juvenile, but then, he WAS a juvenile. And whether you liked him or not, or agreed with him or not, he was posting in the same way the rest of us did, offering his thoughts and critiques or comments of others' posts.

This, on the other hand, is garbage. It takes someone else's good name, and uses it to post outrageously silly things in an effort to pake fun at that person. There's nothing remotely funny about it; it's a form of cyber-bullying. You don't have to subscribe to the new age concern over damaged self esteem to see that things like this can have tragic results.

Nonsense like this explains why this board is down to about a dozen posters, and likely to have fewer next season.

DII schools are a "business" and they all recruit, in one form or another. It is what it is. Why people bash it, I don't know. Perhaps because their kid wasn't "recruited". There is a separate division for these schools and the publics putting them on the schedule know the scenario and potential risk.

I don't quite understand why someone tries to make a big deal of "one" school doing it. It seems like this is at least an annual discussion.

Point being... if you are a public school and don't like what the DII schools are doing, doing play them. If you are a DII school, your success depends on getting better kids.

Edited by eers

DII schools are a "business" and they all recruit, in one form or another. It is what it is. Why people bash it, I don't know. Perhaps because their kid wasn't "recruited". There is a separate division for these schools and the publics putting them on the schedule know the scenario and potential risk.

I don't quite understand why someone tries to make a big deal of "one" school doing it. It seems like this is at least an annual discussion.

Point being... if you are a public school and don't like what the DII schools are doing, doing play them. If you are a DII school, your success depends on getting better kids.

I'll use one and two syllable words in the vain hope you can follow. We take offense at the recrutiing charge because recruiting is against the rules. You're saying that all of our athletic accomplishments are illegitimate. You are accusing us of cheating.

If everybody does it, then it shouldn't be that hard to provide the name of one person who was illegally recruited. In my years on this board, I have seen this accusation uncontable times, and yet no one has ever offered a scintillla of evidence. You restate the accusation, or beg the question, but never has one of the accusers offered what all of us (and the TSSAA) are waiting for: ONE NAME!

I'll use one and two syllable words in the vain hope you can follow. We take offense at the recrutiing charge because recruiting is against the rules. You're saying that all of our athletic accomplishments are illegitimate. You are accusing us of cheating.

If everybody does it, then it shouldn't be that hard to provide the name of one person who was illegally recruited. In my years on this board, I have seen this accusation uncontable times, and yet no one has ever offered a scintillla of evidence. You restate the accusation, or beg the question, but never has one of the accusers offered what all of us (and the TSSAA) are waiting for: ONE NAME!

I'm not saying "illegally" or "against the rules", but all-in-all the entire private school "business" is recruiting. I'm sure it is "within the rules" or someone would have a name by now. I am not bashing the practice or the institution, but how else can a school survive.

Every time you see an advertisement in a publication it is a form of recruiting, albeit within the rules. I am not against it, as DII schools are set in a different division. It may not be a school official or the coaching staff, but let's not kid ourselves about kids being recruited. Parents, friends, etc. It's all recruiting, even if we want to call it something else.