6A Playoff Watch Thread

Solomon

It's starting to get late enough in the season to actually care about this.

It's beginning to look pretty interesting as to how the T$$AA is starting to show how they are going to divide the quads up. It looks like East TN is going to be more of a northeast/southwest grouping based on what the website shows now.

Few of the eastern half of the state's powers/contenders current placement -

DB will be in quad 1. Maryville and Riverdale in quad 2. Symrna, Oakland and Blackman in quad 3.

All things considered, I thought it was interesting.

I say all that and then follow up with that there is no way on earth that William Blount and Heritage are making the playoffs, but then again teams that might replace them may fall into the geographic boundaries they seem to haev laid out.

Only other local question I have is I wonder if 5-5 would be good enough to get Farragut in? I think they have to knock off either Maryville or Bearden, and I don't know if they have the horses to beat either this year.

Just with a quick eyeball of 6A, I could see quad 2 shaping up like this -

Oakland

Symrna

Riverdale

Blackman

Cookeville

Bradley Central

Rhea Co/Soddy Daisy/Ooltewah

Maryville

If that happens......sit back and let the good times roll.

Not to say that your wrong, but I have a hard time believing they will group the big 4 in 7-AAA with Maryville in the same quad. Its still a crap shoot at this point as many districts (including 7-AAA) are still up for grabs.

Not to say that your wrong, but I have a hard time believing they will group the big 4 in 7-AAA with Maryville in the same quad. Its still a crap shoot at this point as many districts (including 7-AAA) are still up for grabs.

if the tssaa is really the t$$aa as most on here feel they are then I can't see that either. it seems to me if that happened the "real" state championship game could be played as early as the 2nd round.

Whoever makes it out of quad three is going to win it all. Right now Smyrna, Oakland, Blackman, Brentwood, McGavock, Ravenwood, Mt. Juliet, and Franklin are in quad three. Tough, tough. With the exception of Ravenwood all are doing very well this season. Franklin is the biggest surprise. Did not figure them to be there after what i saw at the preseason scrimage. Mt Juliet is always a solid team year in and year out. McGavock has put together a good season. One of the better teams out of Metro. Although Metro has fallen off the last couple of years. Then there are the four remaining teams. All of which could either win it or go pretty deep. It will be interesting the next couple of weeks to see the waters clear and get some clarity of who plays who and where. As of now it looks like Oakland, Smyrna, Blackman, and Franklin will play at home for the first round. We will see how it pans out. Good luck to all quads. Go Bulldogs!!!

Whoever makes it out of quad three is going to win it all. Right now Smyrna, Oakland, Blackman, Brentwood, McGavock, Ravenwood, Mt. Juliet, and Franklin are in quad three. Tough, tough. With the exception of Ravenwood all are doing very well this season. Franklin is the biggest surprise. Did not figure them to be there after what i saw at the preseason scrimage. Mt Juliet is always a solid team year in and year out. McGavock has put together a good season. One of the better teams out of Metro. Although Metro has fallen off the last couple of years. Then there are the four remaining teams. All of which could either win it or go pretty deep. It will be interesting the next couple of weeks to see the waters clear and get some clarity of who plays who and where. As of now it looks like Oakland, Smyrna, Blackman, and Franklin will play at home for the first round. We will see how it pans out. Good luck to all quads. Go Bulldogs!!!

I don't get how u can say that when a school from District 16 is the defending champs of 6A and you still have teams like Whitehaven and Wooddale who could come out of the WEST... I want to give mad props to District 7 and some ofthe other schools you have mentioned, but yall folks must understand that the West (namely Memphis, TN) will be in the thick of this State Championship picture. White Station pulled it off last season, don't be surprised at someone else doin it this season... :ph34r:

RESPECT DA HAVEN

I don't get how u can say that when a school from District 16 is the defending champs of 6A and you still have teams like Whitehaven and Wooddale who could come out of the WEST... I want to give mad props to District 7 and some ofthe other schools you have mentioned, but yall folks must understand that the West (namely Memphis, TN) will be in the thick of this State Championship picture. White Station pulled it off last season, don't be surprised at someone else doin it this season... :ph34r:

RESPECT DA HAVEN

:thumb: I will say this; if they keep Quad 3 as they have it now, there is no way a west Tn. team makes it to the state championship that means they have to go through Oakland and that ain't happening. :thumb: