Perry County at Collinwood

jusboro

64 members have voted

1. 1. Trojans or Vikings?

• Collinwood
    • Perry County

Grinch, you have a valid point. But I remember, and I'm sure many others around here do too, that even when they played Jr Pro, this particular group of boys always had a winning team. I remember one of their coaches telling me that he didn't have anything to do with it, anybody could take that group and win with them. They made it to the playoffs several times, and even made it to the Super Bowl once, but always seemed to choke in the end. The difference now?

1) They are older and more mature now;

2) They are more highly motivated;

3) Most of them played 3 sports then, and by the time playoffs came around, they were also playing basketball, so they were worn out. While some of them do still play 2 or 3 sports, they are only concentrating on FOOTBALL right now. I think that will make a difference. Tucker & Mercer both play 3 sports, but IMO football is the best game for both of them.

Maybe some fans think they're overachieving, but I think they are fulfilling their potential. PC has always been a basketball county, but from the look of the crowded stands at the games, football may give basketball a run for the money.

i don't know if anyone really thinks there overachieving. with the exception of there like 0-10 season like 5 years ago, they've never been THAT bad. (up until the last 2 years never been the favorite either though) so i mean i think most people could tell they'd be there eventually, but like almost all 1a teams, they'll graduate players and they'll be bad again. 1a schools just don't have the enrollment to year in and year out be great....(trousdale and SP being the exception, which weirdly they have some of the smallest enrollments (i know south pitt at least does) mtp had there years of dominance, wayne county i guess you could say is having theres, and it looks as if PC is coming up, but isn't there until they knock off WC though.

i don't know if anyone really thinks there overachieving. with the exception of there like 0-10 season like 5 years ago, they've never been THAT bad. (up until the last 2 years never been the favorite either though) so i mean i think most people could tell they'd be there eventually, but like almost all 1a teams, they'll graduate players and they'll be bad again. 1a schools just don't have the enrollment to year in and year out be great....(trousdale and SP being the exception, which weirdly they have some of the smallest enrollments (i know south pitt at least does) mtp had there years of dominance, wayne county i guess you could say is having theres, and it looks as if PC is coming up, but isn't there until they knock off WC though.

Actually, the 0-10 season was 3 years ago, but you're right. I'd say this year and maybe next year will be PC's best for a while, for the reasons I stated above. This is a great group of athletes. Just ask Radio, he coached that bunch in Jr Pro for a couple of years. It does amaze me that SP is so good year after year after year...

Grinch, you have a valid point. But I remember, and I'm sure many others around here do too, that even when they played Jr Pro, this particular group of boys always had a winning team. I remember one of their coaches telling me that he didn't have anything to do with it, anybody could take that group and win with them. They made it to the playoffs several times, and even made it to the Super Bowl once, but always seemed to choke in the end. The difference now?

1) They are older and more mature now;

2) They are more highly motivated;

3) Most of them played 3 sports then, and by the time playoffs came around, they were also playing basketball, so they were worn out. While some of them do still play 2 or 3 sports, they are only concentrating on FOOTBALL right now. I think that will make a difference. Tucker & Mercer both play 3 sports, but IMO football is the best game for both of them.

Maybe some fans think they're overachieving, but I think they are fulfilling their potential. PC has always been a basketball county, but from the look of the crowded stands at the games, football may give basketball a run for the money.

We went to 2 Super Bowls I think my overall record was like 37 and 5 over 5 yr stretch 2 loses in big one. 3 undeafeated regular seasons. I did know this team was coming. I have been waiting on this team to be upper classman for 11 years. This team has added several good players and lost a few from those teams. they do have a good chemistry. We have a good group of coaches. They get mad at me at times for putting my 2 cents worth in. Perry County coaches ,players , and fans we are on board this train. Perry Co. Express next stop the "Wood".

We went to 2 Super Bowls I think my overall record was like 37 and 5 over 5 yr stretch 2 loses in big one. 3 undeafeated regular seasons. I did know this team was coming. I have been waiting on this team to be upper classman for 11 years. This team has added several good players and lost a few from those teams. they do have a good chemistry. We have a good group of coaches. They get mad at me at times for putting my 2 cents worth in. Perry County coaches ,players , and fans we are on board this train. Perry Co. Express next stop the "Wood".

Is the Tucker kid a JR or Soph. ? I cant remember . Odin it wont let me respond to your message . I dont know why <_< Go Trojans :thumb:

PC moved up 1 spot in Tennessean to #6 in top 10. PC has several good WRs everybody knows Mercer. Grimes who is quietly having a big season around 400 yds and 8 tds and 100yds on the ground. Dill 3 tds in last 2 games with this being his first year ever to play. Dill is just figuring this game out. Rhodes with heght and speed of big time WRs has come up big but has been out due to illness but is back to 100%. Hill who has seen limited time but can be very effective. Then you have Watkins with smarts and skills to hurt you if he is left uncovered. So Tucker has lots of targets.

I am so proud of this forum and everyone posting, There is no negative comments towards players, fans, or even towns. This is what Coach T is supposed to be, the voicing of other opinions.

To the game, Perry County is not stupid, looking to next week does mean a loss in this game. I am sure that there will be a rough and physical week of practice. Also, you better not count those chickens in Waynesboro, Cornersville played great against Mt. Pleasant at times, just made stupid mistakes and penalties. Not saying you will lose or anything, Cornerback 10 will be upset but I just think WC is too strong to let someone come in and beat them, but it could mean a rough road.....

I am so proud of this forum and everyone posting, There is no negative comments towards players, fans, or even towns. This is what Coach T is supposed to be, the voicing of other opinions.

To the game, Perry County is not stupid, looking to next week does mean a loss in this game. I am sure that there will be a rough and physical week of practice. Also, you better not count those chickens in Waynesboro, Cornersville played great against Mt. Pleasant at times, just made stupid mistakes and penalties. Not saying you will lose or anything, Cornerback 10 will be upset but I just think WC is too strong to let someone come in and beat them, but it could mean a rough road.....

Yea we act civil if we dont have to deal with the WC fans! Looking like the weather may be in cwoods favor this week...

We aren't that bad.

Really.... Tyler Rice isn't the next coming of Brett Favre..... Does that strike a nerve?

Well, if it doesn't, this will....

Jacob Tucker is a better Quarterback than Tyler Rice.

Now, with that Being said, this entire thread will now turn into yet another Tyler vs. Jacob thread. Just because someone cannot be better than your beloved Wildcats. Every team and town has good players it's just that most Wayne County fans become defensive if theirs isn't considered the very best. Not an opinion, just look at every Perry County thread, or Wayne County for that matter.

Truth is, Tyler is a better pocket QB, Jacob is the better Football Player