Perry County at Collinwood

jusboro

64 members have voted

1. 1. Trojans or Vikings?

• Collinwood
    • Perry County

Really.... Tyler Rice isn't the next coming of Brett Favre..... Does that strike a nerve?

Well, if it doesn't, this will....

Jacob Tucker is a better Quarterback than Tyler Rice.

Now, with that Being said, this entire thread will now turn into yet another Tyler vs. Jacob thread. Just because someone cannot be better than your beloved Wildcats. Every team and town has good players it's just that most Wayne County fans become defensive if theirs isn't considered the very best. Not an opinion, just look at every Perry County thread, or Wayne County for that matter.

Truth is, Tyler is a better pocket QB, Jacob is the better Football Player

The people I've seen on here that get defensive about Tyler are few. There's only two I can think of and they're 14 or 15 year old kids who chew on their mouthpieces on the sidelines. I saw Tucker play last year against Cwood and WC, but haven't seen him play this year. He looked good against Cwood last year. Is he a better athlete than Rice? Yes. Is he a better QB? Possibly. I'll have to wait and see him play before I can give a clear opinion.

I'll give Cwood the edge in this game just because it's at their house and I'm sure they'll still bitter from last year.

i'll disagree. tucker may be a better athlete but not a better qb in general. that'd be like saying michael vick is a qb than peyton manning because he is capable of running and peyton isn't.

Micheal Vick

#1 overall Pick in the Draft

Peyton Manning #2, should have been #1

Micheal Vick: National Championship with Virgina Tech 2003

Peyton Manning: none

Micheal Vick: Heisman Trophy Winner 2002

Peyton Manning: 2nd overall in voting in 1997

Who is to say that Vick wasn't a better College Athlete, or even QB?

Now I understand that in the pro's you are a different player in a different atmosphere. I do think that Peyton was and is a Better QB, but Vick fit in well with the Hokies and took them farther than any other player for them. He was what they needed in that situation. Tee Martin also took the Volunteers to a National Championship in 1998, with a much weaker arm and less accuracy. Then again, if Vick doesn't act like a moron and kill hundreds of dogs where would he be right now? The Falcons are contenders and Vick is among the top 5 in a lot of areas of Passer Ratings. I think the comparison between the two cannot be made, Manning is a Super Bowl Champion, Great guy, and even a role model for America'a children. But they are Apples and Oranges. Just like Tyler and Jacob.......

Sometimes being a better athlete is better for your team, to be mentioned in the same sentence of the two or even looked at the same way, is an honor. But that might have been a bad example Monkey, because I am not a big Manning fan, but I think he is a great QB.

Micheal Vick

#1 overall Pick in the Draft

Peyton Manning #2, should have been #1

Micheal Vick: National Championship with Virgina Tech 2003

Peyton Manning: none

Micheal Vick: Heisman Trophy Winner 2002

Peyton Manning: 2nd overall in voting in 1997

Who is to say that Vick wasn't a better College Athlete, or even QB?

Now I understand that in the pro's you are a different player in a different atmosphere. I do think that Peyton was and is a Better QB, but Vick fit in well with the Hokies and took them farther than any other player for them. He was what they needed in that situation. Tee Martin also took the Volunteers to a National Championship in 1998, with a much weaker arm and less accuracy. Then again, if Vick doesn't act like a moron and kill hundreds of dogs where would he be right now? The Falcons are contenders and Vick is among the top 5 in a lot of areas of Passer Ratings. I think the comparison between the two cannot be made, Manning is a Super Bowl Champion, Great guy, and even a role model for America'a children. But they are Apples and Oranges. Just like Tyler and Jacob.......

Sometimes being a better athlete is better for your team, to be mentioned in the same sentence of the two or even looked at the same way, is an honor. But that might have been a bad example Monkey, because I am not a big Manning fan, but I think he is a great QB.

Vick is not a better quarterback.

I'm so tired of all this Rice-Tucker talk. They're pretty much equal. Without them, both of these teams would struggle. I don't think you can sit here and say, well he is better than him, because who can tell?

I'm so tired of all this Rice-Tucker talk. They're pretty much equal. Without them, both of these teams would struggle. I don't think you can sit here and say, well he is better than him, because who can tell?

Ahem, Comprehension my son.

I said he wasn't a better QB. Just stating facts. You are right though, both are good, and they would struggle without them.

Folks I think we are having a break through.

well I though you was admitting that they are both good qbs that run the offense that they are in very well, but no you think the team that wins has the better qb. there is no way to compare. Its time to let it go.

That's what I was saying, I just said that the better team will come out of the game between this two. I'm done talking about the quarterbacks. After this week of games, I think we'll all have a better grasp on how good of a game this will be if neither of these teams slips up.

well I though you was admitting that they are both good qbs that run the offense that they are in very well, but no you think the team that wins has the better qb. there is no way to compare. Its time to let it go.

I think he meant the people who want to argue about it will have their answer. I agree with you that they are both good.

Here's a little breakdown of both teams.

PC is 6-1. CW is 5-2.

PC has scored 257 points averaging 36.7 per game. CW has scored 226 points averaging 32.3 per game.

PC has given up 82 points averaging 11.7 per game. CW has given up 98 points averaging 14 per game.

PC's opponents are 17-32. CW's are 21-29.

PC's opponents have scored 860 points averaging 17.6 per game and have given up 1352 points averaging 27.6 per game.

CW's opponents have scored 1009 points averaging 20.2 per game and have given up 1031 points averaging 20.6 per game.

Common opponents are Loretto (1-6), Richland (1-6), Mt. Pleasant (4-3), and Columbia Academy (4-3).

C.O.'s are 10-18.

PC beat Loretto 33-0 and CW beat them 40-13.

PC beat Richland 47-7 and CW beat them 47-0.

PC beat Mt. Pleasant 48-34 and CW lost to them 36-44.

PC beat CA 36-20 and CW beat them 42-14.

PC has outscored C.O.'s 164-61. CW has outscored C.O.'s 165-71.

Food for thought.

Edited by wildcatpride70