Greeneville @ Chuckey Doak

DevilMan03

Who wins? ha ha  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins ha ha

Every child picks his team for different reasons when he has a choice, some for playing time or a favorite position most I would say to stay with friends. My point was it hurts your program when you know the best you can do is 2nd. Every year I hear, well we will give them a game but you know better and so do the kids.When we played DB we knew we would get killed and all we hoped for was to live, and it hurt our program.The T$$AA needs to come up with something besides JUST student #s

Gee Raiderdad, here I was thinkin' you had some knowledge to share but it turns out you're just another "Greeneville needs to play up" guy.Exactly what do you do with teams like Greeneville that perform well locally in the higher classification, but struggle in the play-offs against metro teams with superior depth? And how would you explain to all the other school sports that aren't as competitive in the higher classification such as soccer and baseball that they are being penalized because our football team is good? With the current play-off system the team in second place has an automatic bid in the play-offs, and since Greeneville is in a different play-off classification than the county schools, being second in the BRAC is a BIG DEAL. We have tons of respect for our county foes as they have played tough competitive football against the Devils(as opposed to Tennessee High and Cumberland Gap that just laid down and whimpered) and with the additional funds generated from the increased gate at these games will continue to have the capital to invest in their steadily improving programs. One thing about getting punched real hard in the mouth is you either get tough fast or learn to duck....Greene County ain't duckin'!!!

Edited by barb

Gee Raiderdad, here I was thinkin' you had some knowledge to share but it turns out you're just another "Greeneville needs to play up" guy.Exactly what do you do with teams like Greeneville that perform well locally in the higher classification, but struggle in the play-offs against metro teams with superior depth? And how would you explain to all the other school sports that aren't as competitive in the higher classification such as soccer and baseball that they are being penalized because our football team is good? With the current play-off system the team in second place has an automatic bid in the play-offs, and since Greeneville is in a different play-off classification than the county schools, being second in the BRAC is a BIG DEAL. We have tons of respect for our county foes as they have played tough competitive football against the Devils(as opposed to Tennessee High and Cumberland Gap that just laid down and whimpered) and with the additional funds generated from the increased gate at these games will continue to have the capital to invest in their steadily improving programs. One thing about getting punched real hard in the mouth is you either get tough fast or learn to duck....Greene County ain't duckin'!!!

Agree! raiderdad do you think Greeneville got this good over night? They have been building there program for many years and its just now got to the point where its paying off. Did you know at one point Greeneville was beat 120-0? None of us were alive to see this (besides noonesfool)but Greeneville has worked there tails off to get to where they are today.

Edited by KEV-O

Well said barb, I really like the comment about Greene County ain't duckin'. The fans, players, and even coaches may jab at each other from time to time, but at least the county schools are coming out and playing hard against Greeneville. I agree with time, the county schools will start competing better and better each year. It will take some time, but one of these days, the BRAC teams will have to catch up to GHS. If not, they'll learn to duck instead of fight.

No Barb I don't think Greenville needs to or should play up but I think in the long run all good programs would do better if they were in the rankings 1a 2a 3a and so on. Then if you have a program like yours pick teams from bigger classes to get ready for the playoffs ( like you did) I know travel and money play a big part in this and Tennessee is a big long state. There is no doubt your program is the best 4a any where right now and you have worked hard the get where you are and I wish you the best of luck

No Barb I don't think Greenville needs to or should play up but I think in the long run all good programs would do better if they were in the rankings 1a 2a 3a and so on. Then if you have a program like yours pick teams from bigger classes to get ready for the playoffs ( like you did) I know travel and money play a big part in this and Tennessee is a big long state. There is no doubt your program is the best 4a any where right now and you have worked hard the get where you are and I wish you the best of luck

I think the altrernative is to go back to the prior alignment with 5 divisions....Large schools like DB and Science Hill would have monster road schedules and Greeneville still faced with the choice of playing up or not. I think if TSSAA would allow Greeneville to play up in 5A for football but remain in the lower classification in other sports, that would make the most sense and quiet the critics.

Edited by barb

Look at where playing cupcake schools has gotten the county schools. Playing Greeneville is going to help them in the long run.

Look at where playing cupcake schools has gotten the county schools. Playing Greeneville is going to help them in the long run.

It already has. Look at the county schools records. WG at 7-2, CD at 6-2, and SG at 5-3. All three making a playoff push, which I think has never happened before. All three making the playoffs would be great along with Greeneville going all the way. Good football being played in Greene County. Look for SG to keep a tough schedule and WG and CD to toughen up theirs next year.