Greeneville @ Chuckey Doak

DevilMan03

Who wins? ha ha  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins ha ha

Maybe I am jealous!!!! you got a problem with that? he scored 5 TDs 300 yds of corse im jealous!! so get over it..Well im sure you would be good with tanner in to. but not as good when you have willie in. and the reason I said the recuit I keep hearing he is from north carolina.so I figured he was as in he played thier in high school not born before someone says something about that. and are transfer we got his dad lives here. so no we did not recuit him :) both teams got out of hand last night. but I like the passion they showed. we tried are best we knew we wasnt going to win but we had faith. anything can happen that's the faith you have to have. and everybody has thier own opion of the game. people see things in different. i seen going for the 4th downs onside kicks as cheap. if your so good on d you can stop us and get the ball back and scroe i dont want to hear about the running clock deal. cause you are that good you dont have to worry about that. but good luck to you the rest of the season. hope you win state... this game was a road bump cause its pointless in my eyes cause no one will beat you guys in are conf so its pointless for everyone in are league to play you. that's why are season starts back up this friday night!!! for 2nd "1st" lol

Maybe I am jealous!!!! you got a problem with that? he scored 5 TDs 300 yds of corse im jealous!! so get over it..Well im sure you would be good with tanner in to. but not as good when you have willie in. and the reason I said the recuit I keep hearing he is from north carolina.so I figured he was as in he played thier in high school not born before someone says something about that. and are transfer we got his dad lives here. so no we did not recuit him :) both teams got out of hand last night. but I like the passion they showed. we tried are best we knew we wasnt going to win but we had faith. anything can happen that's the faith you have to have. and everybody has thier own opion of the game. people see things in different. i seen going for the 4th downs onside kicks as cheap. if your so good on d you can stop us and get the ball back and scroe i dont want to hear about the running clock deal. cause you are that good you dont have to worry about that. but good luck to you the rest of the season. hope you win state... this game was a road bump cause its pointless in my eyes cause no one will beat you guys in are conf so its pointless for everyone in are league to play you. that's why are season starts back up this friday night!!! for 2nd "1st" lol

Willie c is from Newport, Knew CCHS would never be any good so went to live with an uncle in Cherokee for a year. Seen Greeneville be one good player away from winning state championship and his uncle from Cherokee thats in North Carolina by the way magically found a job in Greeneville.

Willie c is from Newport, Knew CCHS would never be any good so went to live with an uncle in Cherokee for a year. Seen Greeneville be one good player away from winning state championship and his uncle from Cherokee thats in North Carolina by the way magically found a job in Greeneville.

yeah too bad Newport doesn't have a football team and magic jobs.....

I think william uncle moved to greenville so his wife could go to tuscolum so she can take one class a day and you will never know why william lives with his uncle but it is the best thing that has happend to the kid put it this way every kid would love to always live with there mother and father and if a kid is not living with there mother or father than something apparently had to happen but any way the kid has went through adversity and handled it well and it seems likes the kids in g ville like him also but g ville was a good football team with out him

yeah too bad Newport doesn't have a football team and magic jobs.....

Yeah really! They are terrible right now , with no hope in sight. That program is in shambles. They have had more coaches in the last 5 years than you can count and they just keep running em off. The old timers in Newport want instant success and that aint gonna happen with the situation they're in. Steve Spurrior couldn't turn them around in less than 5 years! Magic jobs , tons of money whatever it takes right! Greeneville has it going on right now. If they can keep it rollin with ALL of the big time talent in Greene county and some from the surrounding counties coming there to play they will be up there with Maryville and Alcoa soon. I hope they do. It may not sound like it all the time but I really do pull for em MOST of the time. I was in Cookeville last year and was possibly just as upset after the game as most Devil fans. Except maybe that one dude ....he took it pretty hard.lol

Yeah really! They are terrible right now , with no hope in sight. That program is in shambles. They have had more coaches in the last 5 years than you can count and they just keep running em off. The old timers in Newport want instant success and that aint gonna happen with the situation they're in. Steve Spurrior couldn't turn them around in less than 5 years! Magic jobs , tons of money whatever it takes right! Greeneville has it going on right now. If they can keep it rollin with ALL of the big time talent in Greene county and some from the surrounding counties coming there to play they will be up there with Maryville and Alcoa soon. I hope they do. It may not sound like it all the time but I really do pull for em MOST of the time. I was in Cookeville last year and was possibly just as upset after the game as most Devil fans. Except maybe that one dude ....he took it pretty hard.lol

Pretty much agree with your assessment. One coach they ran off was Wes Jones, GHS alumni. He is doing well at Hardin Valley Academy, a new school with what?.... 3 or 4 years of FB under their school's belt and they beat Oak Ridge Friday. Good job Wes.

Edited by noonesfool

I am not from green county but read most of the post just to fill my football fix. Being from the Sullivan North side of Kingsport I know how the Grn county county schools feel for years we lost sevral good players to DB almost every year.Understand though if you are a parent of a kid you have worked with hauled every where, worked countless concession stands, sold stuff at work until your coworkrs run when they see you coming, and so on and so on. If he is good enough and it comes time to go to where your son will be looked at the most for the next level will you waste all your son and your family have done. If your son is willing to give up his friends and the comfort of the school and area he has grown up in,because of the love of football then what choice do you as a parent have. On a good note as DBs team got bigger and bigger a lot of good solid players decided that playing 3 years at North sounded better than starting 1 year at DB, we actually get several from DB every year now. We no longer play them and the schools get along well and pull for each other. I think Greenville city being out of your confrence would be the best thing for all the teams in Greenville.

JMO

I am not from green county but read most of the post just to fill my football fix. Being from the Sullivan North side of Kingsport I know how the Grn county county schools feel for years we lost sevral good players to DB almost every year.Understand though if you are a parent of a kid you have worked with hauled every where, worked countless concession stands, sold stuff at work until your coworkrs run when they see you coming, and so on and so on. If he is good enough and it comes time to go to where your son will be looked at the most for the next level will you waste all your son and your family have done. If your son is willing to give up his friends and the comfort of the school and area he has grown up in,because of the love of football then what choice do you as a parent have. On a good note as DBs team got bigger and bigger a lot of good solid players decided that playing 3 years at North sounded better than starting 1 year at DB, we actually get several from DB every year now. We no longer play them and the schools get along well and pull for each other. I think Greenville city being out of your confrence would be the best thing for all the teams in Greenville.

JMO

Raiderdad, we would then be in your conference. By the way, a lot Greeneville boys play for the county.

Every child picks his team for different reasons when he has a choice, some for playing time or a favorite position most I would say to stay with friends. My point was it hurts your program when you know the best you can do is 2nd. Every year I hear, well we will give them a game but you know better and so do the kids.When we played DB we knew we would get killed and all we hoped for was to live, and it hurt our program.The T$$AA needs to come up with something besides JUST student #s