Greeneville @ Chuckey Doak

DevilMan03

Who wins? ha ha  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins ha ha

Just curiious....how many players are on Greenville which don't live in the "natural" Greenville zone.

That could take a while to count up without an exact roster in front of you, but they do have to pay a tuition, which I believe is the equivalent, or close to, of paying city taxes.

Edited by budkilmer

No you pay to go to the school and get a great education. Playing sports is just a plus.

That's how I would put it. There are many who do it for the academic opportunity, to play in the band, play other sports, etc. Although you can get a great education in the county. I know there are several who do this. Some do it all the way through school. Some start in the 6th grade when they go to GMS and some wait til high school. I can think of at least five or six football players off the top of my head and I'm sure there are more. Are you trying to dig something up with this info?

Edited by budkilmer

It would be a fun one to watch, although I'd like to see it this year. Greeneville should be pretty tough again next year, but Alcoa always just locks and reloads.

They should be better next year only losing 6 starting spots (and thats counting starters playing both ways). They return 2 captains. And about 10 players that have been staring since there freshman or sophmore year. They do lose 4 or 5 great players but they definetly shouldnt lose a beat next year.

• Upvote 1

They should be better next year only losing 6 starting spots (and thats counting starters playing both ways). They return 2 captains. And about 10 players that have been staring since there freshman or sophmore year. They do lose 4 or 5 great players but they definetly shouldnt lose a beat next year.

I guess I was trying to elude to that by saying they'd be pretty tough again next year. Defensive front should be nasty, in a good way. It's just Alcoa is real good every year. Greeneville is getting there. No doubt Greeneville could make another run next year in 4A. Exciting times for these young kids.

Edited by budkilmer

I guess I was trying to elude to that by saying they'd be pretty tough again next year. Defensive front should be nasty, in a good way. It's just Alcoa is real good every year. Greeneville is getting there. No doubt Greeneville could make another run next year in 4A. Exciting times for these young kids.

Id like to see D-B next year too....so we can stop all the talk and prove the devils are better.

I have the perfect team for Greeneville to add to their schedule, its an out-of-state game that would be great for both schools. It also has a few inside stories to it as well, people with Greeneville ties. It would be a lot of fun. Two really good programs that continue to get better.

Take a look...at least 8 players on field with D1 offers...lets make it happen.

www.borntocompete.com/whitewatervssandycreek.html

Edited by tcpioneer3