who wins the 1A state championship

csa

Wayne Co. vs. South Pitt- Toss up

Perry Co. vs. Gordonsville- Slight edge to Perry Co but, we can say toss up.

Collinwood vs. Mtcs- Collinwood

Cornersville vs. Moore County- Cornersville

Nashville Christian vs. Eagleville- I'd say NCS

Columbia Academy vs. Montery- Columbia Academy

man cornersville will not make the playoffs quit dreaming

Oh no. This South Pittsburg team is so good, they can stay with Alcoa. :rolleyes:

Don't be a moron cupcake! Unlike u I actually know good football when I see it....This year no we could get a few scores on them but it would be very ugly! In 2008 we would have had a decent shot considering how well Marion County played them but to be fair that was Alcoa's weakest team since 01 or 02.... So no we would lose to them by 30-40 points

Don't be a moron cupcake! Unlike u I actually know good football when I see it....This year no we could get a few scores on them but it would be very ugly! In 2008 we would have had a decent shot considering how well Marion County played them but to be fair that was Alcoa's weakest team since 01 or 02.... So no we would lose to them by 30-40 points

So tell me something tt are you the horn for the train because the way you BLOW on here figured that's what you was good for :roflol:

Bud, I know football. Just because were not as good as you, doesn't mean you have to go off and tell everybody about it.

From a SP point of view here is what I think...and wish would happen if TSSAA was smart...For semifinals of the playoffs...JB vs. WC and SP vs. G'ville...They are the four best teams in single a..I don't think anyone would argue...It would bring a big gate and you know TSSAA loves their money :hungry: And if that was the case you would have the best from the west against the best from the east for a good state title game I am sure :thumb:

It seems I put the computer down for a few hours and ALL HECK breaks loose. South Pittsburg fans will agree. South Pittsburg's teams the past several years are in NO WAY some of the best ones we have fielded. South Pittsburg had a really good offense in 2007 with an average defense. In 2008 the offense was average, but the defense was really good. Last year it was a reversal again. The offense was SCARY GOOD, but the defense was average. The teams of the 90's were well rounded better than the ones this decade. South Pittsburg's team this season has a better defense than the 2009 team. The offense might not be quite as potent, but not bad. Can this team be beat yes. They already lost to 2A Baylor North. They will probably lose again next week to Polk County as well. Yes, I said it. They will probably lose to Polk County. Polk County would beat ANY team in 1A this year as well as last season. With that said I still think SP has a good chance to win it all this season. Yes, they are still young considering they have 45 players and only 8 are seniors. They have as good a shot as any of the other teams from the west. The teams in the west need to quit the crying about the playoff brackets. There was a time when the EAST was unreal trying to work through. Some years SP worked through it and some years they did not. Now everyone seems to think the balance has shifted. IF it has so what? What would happen if 3A put Alcoa in the west? Some poor teams out there would NEVER even get a shot to get to the title game. What would everyone say about that??

PowerP, the TSSAA isnt just going to match them up that way. It's all about shortest travel and making money. I have said since August that the 4 best teams in 1A would be South Pittsburg, Gordonsville, Wayne County and Jo Byrns. Trousdale County has always been the dominant 1A program that was the measuring stick for everyone. South Pittsburg has always been the 2nd most dominant 1A program. Trousdale-Hartsville is no in 2A so South Pittsburg IS once again the measuring stick for 1A football.

There's only one reason that South Pittsburg is good, that reason?

The kids that can't make the team at Ooltewah go to South Pittsburg to play. That's what it boils down to.

Ooltewah? Your joking. If Grider is getting boys from Ooltewah that is illegal and we will have to forfeit our games and not go to the playoffs. I hope the TSSAA does not find out about this. This is a bunch of mess. Which one of our boys is from Ooltewah? We have already had to play Whitwell again because one of those boys that got kicked out played against Whitwell. If the TSSAA finds out, we might have to play some of our games over. You think im joking but im not.

You are to address him as Mr. Grider or Coach Grider. You need to be respectful of your elders. Didn't your mama teach you any better than that boy? :thumb:

What in the world is this guy talking about? Ooltewah? That's a new one to me. Ooltewah is like 1 hour away from South Pittsburg. You have South Pittsburg confused with East Hamilton. East Hamilton is where alot of Ooltewah kids are going now. I don't think SP has ever had any kids from Ooltewah? That was a very off the wall comment.

dont worry, in a few short weeks all of us will have to settle up. only one team will be square with the house.