Top 5 fastest players in south pittsburg History

Geno

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bolts time waqs broke a few weeks ago... and Jeremy did play alot and ran some.. he was def player of the week one week in chatt area in 94 also he was that fast but not as coordinated as well as others but faster yes

Uncle Dave was about to say what Geno just said....and I would like to add he did not like to hit. He was very fast....anyone that remembers the 1994 Trousdale game should remember that Jeremy was the only Pirate that had a chance to nail the punt returner in the first quarter. Instead of hitting him he tried to grab him and that dude returned a kick 80 yards or so for a td. Not trying to bash him...just saying speed don't mean nothing unless you got the skills....just Uncle Dave's opinion. Sure I will get somebody riled up but I call them like I see them.

And if all the players are in their prime, I would bet the farm that Sam would beat them all by 5....no make that 10 yards.

Edited by UncleDave

Uncle Dave was about to say what Geno just said....and I would like to add he did not like to hit. He was very fast....anyone that remembers the 1994 Trousdale game should remember that Jeremy was the only Pirate that had a chance to nail the punt returner in the first quarter. Instead of hitting him he tried to grab him and that dude returned a kick 80 yards or so for a td. Not trying to bash him...just saying speed don't mean nothing unless you got the skills....just Uncle Dave's opinion. Sure I will get somebody riled up but I call them like I see them.

And if all the players are in their prime, I would bet the farm that Sam would beat them all by 5....no make that 10 yards.

uncleDave you may be right he overran him BUT i challenge you to watch the 94 state Game where i beleieve jeremy was a huge part in them winning. Jewel flowers from lake county was mr everything and he didnt get 1 yard in return yardage because??? and i have th etape.. Jeremy was there to tackle him everytime 10 yards ahead of everyone.. fact. no bragging on his ability but just raw speed... again on Sam Corey outran him on the street in a head to head race. but like i said ill ask Sam what he thinks... my niece calls him almost everyday... i started this Thread to give some other Teams a break of the South Pittsburg Neandrathol's lol PS 5 to 10 yards cmon?????? he would be running a 3.7 if so. hahaha

Edited by Geno

:roflol: Sorry fellers it took OP a while to git control. Theys some real skillet heads on this here coacht for sure. The thread Top 5 Fastest Players in SP history........? Dad burnit you youngons don't have a clue all yous knows is some kin folkes that was fast or some child hood hero yous remember. Old Pirate says the fastest players could be Cody Walker ifin yous says to be Allstate, Eddie Moore fastest to NFL and several tied for fastest to the big house. :roflol: Point here is this fastest player thing could mean a lot. Football time was once the 40 yd time but since ole Roy came along recon it is fast becoming the 50 yd time but don't recon it has ever been a 100 yd or a 1/4 mile time Geno. That is unless yous running track.

Sure there was 100 yard time. It was implemented exclusively for Johnny Sisco. There was also a 150 yard time as well, ask Stevenson. :roflol:

Johnny Sisco made one of the fastest 70 yard touch down runs I have ever seen. He went up the gut behind David Wyatt and the Lake County secondary looked like they were running backwards in pursuit when he went by them.

As far as Zalmer goes, he was fast in basketball and he was faster than Mack Moore on the court. However, Zalmer wasn't our fastest basketball player.

As far as a fast back that could get pounded on like a red headed step child, I would have to say Carl Lehr. I saw him take one of the worst beatings that I have ever seen a single wing tailback take and he still got ~ 110 yards and a key 2 pt try to win the game at Grungy County in '86.

With all those legendary side saddle single wing tailbacks you will find a quick bruiser fullback. With Sisco and Lehr, it was David Wyatt.

Once a player gets past the line and into the open,doesn't take but a second to blow past people.Lake Co was hitting him bebind the line of scrimmage just about all day and many was surprised to see him in the open.!I believe that's about all he did all day that day.!

yes sir.. sam was very Fast.. and Jimmy a great player altho before my time and he is a great Man.. But!! Zalmer is the fastest ever to put on cleats here. can you imagine out running Willie Gault? a world class runner... as far as Jeremy Scott yes im parcial BUT you can ask anyone on the 94 Team he was the fastest.. he has a 10 something in the 100 that held or may even still be the fastest 100 not sure of that. Corey is like nothing i have seen as far as quick and changing direction. wow.. and word is Corey challenged Sam to street race and Beat him... ive had 3 or 4 people that was there tell me that.

Garbage Geno Garbage....Sam raced Corey,Perry, and Eric Westmoreland after High School and beat all and blistered Eric by 5 yards after giving a 5 yard headstart...ONE OF MY VERY VERY close friends was present and was shocked....He also threw up over 300 pounds on the bench three times after being bet by Westmoreland after the race because he just got hustled by Sam...This is FACT not fiction...Just had to make that correction

uncleDave you may be right he overran him BUT i challenge you to watch the 94 state Game where i beleieve jeremy was a huge part in them winning. Jewel flowers from lake county was mr everything and he didnt get 1 yard in return yardage because??? and i have th etape.. Jeremy was there to tackle him everytime 10 yards ahead of everyone.. fact. no bragging on his ability but just raw speed... again on Sam Corey outran him on the street in a head to head race. but like i said ill ask Sam what he thinks... my niece calls him almost everyday... i started this Thread to give some other Teams a break of the South Pittsburg Neandrathol's lol PS 5 to 10 yards cmon?????? he would be running a 3.7 if so. hahaha

False....Sam did however get beat by Cartrez Bibbs

Not in Sam's prime. You still think Trez would have won then? Trez is a fast kid. I was young when I watched Sam. I know almost everytime he touched the ball it seemed like he scored.

Chris Jones and I clocked Trez and Montrell 3 weeks after the 20007 championship game and Trez ran a 4.62 and Montrell ran a 4.6 in street shoes. may have had a bad day I dunno. Jeremy Scotts time in the 100 meters was 10.7 i dunno if its still is the fastest or not i know in 94 no one coulc beat him. Donnie Dalton was close i hear

Well yeah Pickett and Bibbs raced in the past two years so I'm sure he has lost a step...I was told Grider clocked Bibbs in the high 4.4 range after spring and track season before 07 season Geno so I guess he def had a off day cause he was hands down fastest player on that 08 team...Not taking anything from Mitchell cause he was heart and soul of that team on both sides of the ball but Bibbs was a streaker