South Pitt at Polk County

PittsburgLegend

Yes but not sure how many. But remember Terrell was a 2 year starter that got meaningful playing time as a Soph too. Travis started tight and never got in a groove and got tighter as the night went on. Polk had some to do with that...we couldn't run effectively so that allowed polk to drop more in coverage and he got hit more than once. Had a couple balls tipped too. Polk's coaches did a good job of mixing up the coverages and keep him off balance. Trav has to put this one behind him...the whole team does...and get ready for next week.

You are right. I look for Travis to put it behind him, and lead this team to a state championship. I am a big fan of his, and know he can do it. A game like this builds character. Either we will come out pissed off the rest of the season, and win out or we will just give up. I know giving up is not a option. Get that gold ball Pirates, and this Polk loss will be forgotten.

The game plan was good... execution was not and Polk had a lot to do with that. The plays were there because I know what they were supposed to be..we just didn't make them on offense or defense...both line and skill players had problems. Plain and simple Polk is a better team. I don't think 35 points better...but better. They are a bigger school with only 2 kids playing each way. Hard to compete with that. I said earlier this week PC is a better team than SM and I stand by that.

Aw Bull Shucks.......IT WUZ THE COACHES FAULT......just lineum up and run that old 46 on 2 play. Just have your little boys knock some holes through them big boys and let them runners run fast throught them. Then, ever once in awhile, when you gottum set up, throw a long ball and win the game. Simple. You coaches today, you just complicate things by not just running the ball down peoples throats, controlling the clock, and winning games. Least wise, that's what I hear from some folks.

Oh lordy, this is gonna get me in a lot of trouble.

The Pirates lost to a very good Polk County team tonight; not sure any game plan could have made the outcome anything more or less than what it was. It happens occasionally. Excuses never help.

first ur qb wasn the reason ur defense was pushed all over the field.. second gold and silver balls of the past have nothin to do with the team that takes the field this yr. third the loudon team we lost to in rd 2 after we beat kingston in rd1 lost to mighty alcoa 21 7.. maryville didn get that close last yr . no one did.. and i give my player of the game to 38 hargrove he was in ur backfield all night caging that speed that no one can hit cause they cant see it. well he must have had his contacts in tonight.. hope sp wins state and please whip copper basin.. their fans claim they can beat polk this yr.. and ur players didn lay down at all they were fightin all night but couldn get an edge.. good luck sp.. GO POLK HONESTLY WOULDN GIVE COACH DERRICK DAVIS FOR ANY OTHER IN THE STATE.. WE NEED TO HOLD ON TO HIM CAUSE SCHOOLS HAVE CAME CALLING...

Edited by polkalumn01

what goes around ... comes around :roflol: its a shame polk couldnt put up about 4 more touchdowns and 2 pt conversions.

Old Pirate says you jealous skillet heads need not waste yous time attempting to rattle SP folkes cages about mercy rule or gitting killed by an opponant. Figure theys some but the majority knows how to handle a whipping. OP says ifin yous wants to call some individuals (skillet heads) out then go right ahead. Recon theys got it coming. OP says the Pirates still have the gun powder to git where they want to be and most likely will return the favor someday. Pirates git back to work and leave the field knowing you didn't quit and played at a high level. The rest will take care of it's self. :thumb:

Here are some stats for the game Polk had 377 yards with 80 yards in penalties.. and SP had 203( MOST ON JV ) and 40 yards in penalties. Polk put there JV and Seniors that don't get to play.... Next year Dont talk about Polks Head Coach, them SLOW Country Boys take that Personal and SP just got a little of what they wanted to put on you. But Polk has a very CLASSY HEAD COACH that called off the BIG UGLIES... SO who ever it was that wrote about his Mustache.. First you shouldn't put down a Good man and Mentor to these young kids, next I hope you got a Speeding ticket, and Last but not least stay in South Pitt and Keep MILKIN YOUR BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!! GO POLK!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roflol::roflolk:

CONGRATULATIONS! to Polk i was puling for SP but my hats off to you and your team. Great atmosphere great facilities and great fans! For all you die hard Sp fans who got up and left early you need to check yourselves! You expect these boys winnning or lossing to keep fighting to the end and you pack up and leave after the first three minutes of the 3rd qtr.(really) AND BEFORE YOU GET YOUR UNDERWEAR ALL TWISTED I GRADUATED FOR SP IN 87! Now for all you that left I seen something our Guys could learn from and some of the fans, They had us down by 35 and did they taunt SP? NO! After the game I seen Polk guys all over our guys congratulaitng them and just shjowing true true sportsmanship! I saw players that were headed back to POLKS field house turn around come back and singleing out a player and while I dont know what they said one could tell it was very positive! KUDOs to the POLK team I saw a class act and win or lose thats why i caome watch the game! Now mighty PIRATES guys we didnt execute to well tonight. It dosesnt lay on one mans shoulders and while POLK was the better team i dont think the score represented what the orange and black had they been clicking could have done. SOME OF THE KEY PLAYERS I WATCHED THEM TONIGHT AND THEY ALMOST SEEMED AS IF THEY WERE IN ANOTHER WORLD. SOMEBODY PLEASE PLEASE ASK THE COACHES TO START MAKING THESE GUUYS LINE UP AND DO STRETCHES AFTER HALF TIME! ITS ABSOULUTELY EMBARRASING EVERY GAME THE CRAMPS AND ONLY ON OUR TEAM! RAQUISH YOU AER TEH MAN! WHAT ABOUT ASHBURN TONIGHT MAN HE FILLED THE GAP FINALLY COACH! THERE WAS SOME INTENSITY FROM MANY PLAYERS BUT NOT SO SURE OUR RECIVERS HAD THEIR HEAD AT THE RIGHT BALLFIELD.

CONGRATULATIONS! to Polk i was puling for SP but my hats off to you and your team. Great atmosphere great facilities and great fans! For all you die hard Sp fans who got up and left early you need to check yourselves! You expect these boys winnning or lossing to keep fighting to the end and you pack up and leave after the first three minutes of the 3rd qtr.(really) AND BEFORE YOU GET YOUR UNDERWEAR ALL TWISTED I GRADUATED FOR SP IN 87! Now for all you that left I seen something our Guys could learn from and some of the fans, They had us down by 35 and did they taunt SP? NO! After the game I seen Polk guys all over our guys congratulaitng them and just shjowing true true sportsmanship! I saw players that were headed back to POLKS field house turn around come back and singleing out a player and while I dont know what they said one could tell it was very positive! KUDOs to the POLK team I saw a class act and win or lose thats why i caome watch the game! Now mighty PIRATES guys we didnt execute to well tonight. It dosesnt lay on one mans shoulders and while POLK was the better team i dont think the score represented what the orange and black had they been clicking could have done. SOME OF THE KEY PLAYERS I WATCHED THEM TONIGHT AND THEY ALMOST SEEMED AS IF THEY WERE IN ANOTHER WORLD. SOMEBODY PLEASE PLEASE ASK THE COACHES TO START MAKING THESE GUUYS LINE UP AND DO STRETCHES AFTER HALF TIME! ITS ABSOULUTELY EMBARRASING EVERY GAME THE CRAMPS AND ONLY ON OUR TEAM! RAQUISH YOU AER TEH MAN! WHAT ABOUT ASHBURN TONIGHT MAN HE FILLED THE GAP FINALLY COACH! THERE WAS SOME INTENSITY FROM MANY PLAYERS BUT NOT SO SURE OUR RECIVERS HAD THEIR HEAD AT THE RIGHT BALLFIELD.

Old Pirates agrees.....CD, lots to be learned for the SP young team and hopefully they can build from this. Again congrats to PC and the Pirates for a hard fought game.

Whew. What a time.Turnovers killed S.P. The fight was still there in the fourth.I did see the few runs there at the end that with more blocking could of broke loose.Too many shots to the feet for S.P. Yes,sportsmanship and clean play is one of Derrick's most important rules.It surprised me with the penalties we got.Not like us to get one in a game.I've watched these boys for 12 years now and # 12 just takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Yep,ol' howie was right,ya can't hit what ya can't see.# 22 even looked blurry to me .# 33 going in untouched was nice also.Wide open # 24,more than once - I DID see that,! :thumb: S.P.'s players could do a better job supporting the guys on the field.Good or bad,knowing your guys are behind you makes a difference.And where the HECK was ya'll's fan's ? Anyhow, Can't wait till next year now.See ya s in SLOWBURG ,2011. :shock: and :motorbike: