Elizabethton (5-3) @ CAK (8-0)

EHSTrack06

41 members have voted

1. 1. CAK or EHS?

• CAK
    • EHS

Even if your just close to being right, I'll take it and be happy. I will say that CAK is certainly capable, but IMHO it will take a complete game (both offense & defense, for all 4 QTRS) and I'm still waiting to see one of those this season (and Sequoyah doesn't count).

I am glad to see Elizabethton healthy for this one. We are young with Soph running backs and a junior QB who is hitting his stride. Comming off a couple of big wins should be a ood game. The team that plays through the misques will come out on top. Good Luck to both teams.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah once we teach how to play we send them back, just kidding, don't think I didn't try to get him in Black & Gold. Terance played with about 10 kids on that fins team that are Raiders now. they were some team. It makes you feel good as a coach to think maybe you helped just a little some where down the line. T and his dad are the best GOOD LUCK again and hope to see you again real soon.

If you can teach moves like he has I'll send you a couple more. I heard it took the doctor that devivered him, three nurses and 20 yards to catch him.

I do not think CAK will win by 2 scores unless we quit playing, our defense falls apart, we get the penalties we were getting at the start of season and our QB/RBs get injured.

I believe it will be a close game and whichever team has the better defense will pull out the win.

Compared to last year: We have a weaker team. BUT we also lost over 20 Seniors so while we are weaker it is only because of inexperience and youth.

Strength: QB/WR/RB. Our QB seems to have finally started to click with his WRs and if our RBs get room expect them to gain big with their speed. EHS has a fast team this year as well. The Defense is strong as well.

An example of speed would be our Kick returns during the Asheville game

Weakness: Youth/Inexperience/Size. We have a really young team this year. Penalties hurt us during the 1st half of the season and the penalties were boneheaded ones(Personal Fouls/Clipping/etc.). A lot of our players are smaller this year as well. Defensively we have had trouble stopping a good running game in previous games(SH/Greeneville/Asheville)

Overall: Offense is starting to gel and connect. Defense is staying solid. The only things that we have going against us is Size and inexperience.

This is just my opinion from what I have seen during the games. Others might differ but I think most cyclone fans will agree our defense is solid and our team has improved dramatically since game 2.

Edited by EHSTrack06

I do not think CAK will win by 2 scores unless we quit playing, our defense falls apart, we get the penalties we were getting at the start of season and our QB/RBs get injured.

I believe it will be a close game and whichever team has the better defense will pull out the win.

Compared to last year: We have a weaker team. BUT we also lost over 20 Seniors so while we are weaker it is only because of inexperience and youth.

Strength: QB/WR/RB. Our QB seems to have finally started to click with his WRs and if our RBs get room expect them to gain big with their speed. EHS has a fast team this year as well. The Defense is strong as well.

Weakness: Youth/Inexperience/Size. We have a really young team this year. Penalties hurt us during the 1st half of the season and the penalties were boneheaded ones(Personal Fouls/Clipping/etc.). A lot of our players are smaller this year as well. Defensively we have had trouble stopping a good running game in previous games(SH/Greeneville/Asheville)

Overall: Offense is starting to gel and connect. Defense is staying solid. The only things that we have going against us is Size and inexperience.

This is just my opinion from what I have seen during the games. Others might differ but I think most cyclone fans will agree our defense is solid and our team has improved dramatically since game 2.

I agree with that and we are improving every week.Go Cyclones

Thanks for that. Sounds like a team that will give my Warriors all we want. Offensively CAK is improved from last year. Still heavy on the pass, but that has opened up some nice running lanes for us this year. Our receivers and QBs are good and the Oline has protected well. They have limited the turnovers and penalties especially after the first couple of games. Defensively we have been inconsistant. More of "bend but don't break" personality. At times the D has looked very good, and at times not so good. CAK is capable of scoring quickly and doesn't seem to get panicky if they are trailing, even by more than 1 score. They have trended towards a slow start and a furious 2nd half. This game should be a dandy with either team capable of winning. I know the CAK players are fully aware of the Cyclones capabilities and will have their attention.

This will be the greatest challenge so far for CAK.....Elizabethton has gone gotten better in the past couple of weeks....CAK must not come out slow to start like they have the past few weeks, if so it maybe a long night for the warriors. This will not be a low scoring game like last year...CAK avg. PF-42.3 PA-18.3 Eliz avg. PF-23.6 PA-21. I would give the edge to the home team (CAK) but with it being homecoming....can the warriors stay focused to get the job done?

Going with the Cyclones in a close game, 21-17. Watched Elizabethton last week and was very impressed with Turner and Whitehead. Also, Berry is one of the best passer's I have seen, especially for his age. Once he gets all the other attributes of a good quarterback going for him, reading a defense, and minimizing mistakes, I think he'll be someone to keep an eye on. He has a shotgun and throws one of the tightest spirals I have seen at this level. Never underestimate how much easier a tight ball is to catch.