Henry County Patriots at Dickon County Cougars

QBClubPrez

Henry Co beat Springfield 27 to 20; Dickson Co beat them 21 to 20.

Henry Co beat Clarksville 28 to 14; Dickson Co beat them 10 to 7.

Henry Co shut out West Creek 56 to 0; Dickson Co beat them 34 to 21.

From these scores, it appears Henry Co has a better offense and defense.

That is quite funny you compared scores to determine who is better! If you are going to do that (which you should never do that when comparing teams!) then look at the other scores of the same opponents, as well....Dickson shut out Clarksville NE and HC didn't. Dickson held Clarksville to 7 pts, and HC gave up 14 to C'ville. Dickson put up 42 on NW and HC only put up 38, Dickson shut out Kenwood (I realize HC did too). So your conclusion to say that HC's offense and defense is better is really not accurate based on facts. Lets stay away from comparing both teams by using scores (because then DC may have a better Defense!). Game will be close and tough. Low scoring...DC 17 HC 14

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.mytv30web.com/sections/contests/tnl-hs-sweep/

Patriot fans, go online to MYTV30 and enter HCHS in the Pizza Hut sweepstakes for a chance for the Patriots to receive a $2,500 grant!

Go Big Red

Is this game on Charter locally in Paris/Henry Co.? I have had several people tell me they don't think so. I know DirectTV and Dish network users will have the game in the Paris/Henry Co. area.

Edited by SEC1rules

Is this game on Charter locally in Paris/Henry Co.? I have had several people tell me they don't think so. I know DirectTV and Dish network users will have the game in the Paris/Henry Co. area.

No..not on Charter Cable in Paris...we actually had a preliminary discussion with WLJT-TV from Martin about picking up the "live feed" from MYTV30..however...the equipment used by the various networks are not compatable. I did hear that District 9 Sports Grill behind Trolingers will have the game on several TVs this Thursday.

Since you asked..I'll try to be specific...the Cougars are well coached in the fundamentals..they always have a plan on offense as to what/who they are facing each week. Seemingly...they do what they must do execution wise to win...mostly on the shoulders of Bo Brown(he was the offense last Friday against Clarksville High)...they step to the line and snap it quickly as not to allow the opposing defense a chance to adjust to whatever formation they present. Defensively..they are small yet physical up front..the opposing center has a scrappy nose tackle in his face the instant the ball is snapped..often disrupting any blocking scheme and allowing the Cougar linebackers to make a play or create havoc on the quarterback. The Cougars aren't penalized often and do not turn it over often with the exception being the West Creek/Northeast games.(every team has those nights..the Patriots have had their's as well) All this being said..you do not have to be the FASTEST team or BIGGEST team or the DEEPEST team to win consistantly...but you must be able to outscore the opponent..and keep them from scoring to win...Dickson has done that every week except early in the season against Columbia where they almost knocked off the Lions. Given the numbers at Dickson..more "tips of the hat" should go to the Cougar coaching staff for their game planning and to the Cougar players for their hardnosed/Cougar style of play that we all know and have seen over the years..

In short...give credit where credit is due...without making blanket statements suggesting one team has more of this than the other...without having seen the other!

QB Prez,

First of all, I never stated that Dickson had the fastest, biggest, or deepest team. I merely stated that Dickson has a slight advantage in OVERALL team speed. HC has the advantage in depth, strength, and size, there is no doubt about that. Neither Dickson nor HC has the fastest teams in the region, or even in the tops in the region (that would go to Northeast and Springfield). I will agree that Dickson is well coached, and that has definately been an advantage for them this year. They do prepare well for who they play next, as all HS football teams do.

Also, I do not think that you can say Dickson's success is solely due to one defensive or offensive player or I'd say that HC's success is solely dependent upon their QB (who is their best player). But I'm smart enough to know that a team's success is dependent upon more factors.

I do think you made an excellent point that actually alludes to their speed (especially on the defensive side of the ball). You may not have known this, but you were actually hinting at the fact that Dickson has quick defensive lineman when you mentioned that about the nose man. I mean being in the backfield in an instant must suggest some type of speed. Anyways, I'm not here to prove a point, that point will be proven on Thursday. I do think you have to take into consideration that outside of the QB and RB position at HC (unlike years past), there is not much of a threat speed wise on the Patriots offense. However, Dickson has an incredibally quick and smart group of Defensive Backs, Linebackers, and Defensive Line, which again will be shown Thursday. This is going to be a great game. If DC stops the running game of HC, DC wins. If HC can slow down Brown, then HC will probably win. With that being said, I don't know if anyone can slow down Brown, so I will stick to my original prediction DC 13 HC 10.

Thebear

1. The game is for the District title

2. It's for the coveted Barrel

3. It's DC's Senior night

4. It's on TV!!!!!

What more do you need to get pumped up for this game. I've heard plenty of hype on the game from middle tn radio programs and west tn programs. also i heard murphy fair will be there, any truth to that?

1. The game is for the District title

2. It's for the coveted Barrel

3. It's DC's Senior night

4. It's on TV!!!!!

What more do you need to get pumped up for this game. I've heard plenty of hype on the game from middle tn radio programs and west tn programs. also i heard murphy fair will be there, any truth to that?

Murphy Fair goes to all the thursday night games.

QB Prez,

First of all, I never stated that Dickson had the fastest, biggest, or deepest team. I merely stated that Dickson has a slight advantage in OVERALL team speed. HC has the advantage in depth, strength, and size, there is no doubt about that. Neither Dickson nor HC has the fastest teams in the region, or even in the tops in the region (that would go to Northeast and Springfield). I will agree that Dickson is well coached, and that has definately been an advantage for them this year. They do prepare well for who they play next, as all HS football teams do.

Also, I do not think that you can say Dickson's success is solely due to one defensive or offensive player or I'd say that HC's success is solely dependent upon their QB (who is their best player). But I'm smart enough to know that a team's success is dependent upon more factors.

I do think you made an excellent point that actually alludes to their speed (especially on the defensive side of the ball). You may not have known this, but you were actually hinting at the fact that Dickson has quick defensive lineman when you mentioned that about the nose man. I mean being in the backfield in an instant must suggest some type of speed. Anyways, I'm not here to prove a point, that point will be proven on Thursday. I do think you have to take into consideration that outside of the QB and RB position at HC (unlike years past), there is not much of a threat speed wise on the Patriots offense. However, Dickson has an incredibally quick and smart group of Defensive Backs, Linebackers, and Defensive Line, which again will be shown Thursday. This is going to be a great game. If DC stops the running game of HC, DC wins. If HC can slow down Brown, then HC will probably win. With that being said, I don't know if anyone can slow down Brown, so I will stick to my original prediction DC 13 HC 10.

Thebear

Based on the season so far I would say both teams will load the box on D. Game will be in the trenches and I like PATS odds. Special teams will be big in this game.

GO PATS !!!!!!!!

QB Prez,

Thebear

Based on the season so far I would say both teams will load the box on D. Game will be in the trenches and I like PATS odds. Special teams will be big in this game.

GO PATS !!!!!!!!

QB Prez,

Thebear

I hope that most of DC thinks only the RB and QB have speed. Making an assumption like that is great for the Patriots!