Henry County Patriots at Dickon County Cougars

QBClubPrez

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allen is a junior. Finch is a senior as are 3 of the 4 wideouts that play. The rest of the offense are sophs and juniors. On defense 3of 4 linebackers and one corner are seniors; everyone else returns next year.

Hey Olddevil,

I was glad to hear that the Patriots won last night. We are going to Mississippi State vs. UAB game in Starkville. My son has a friend who plays MLB for UAB. Say Hi to everyone for us.

GO BIG RED

they had 2 TO's and it was dumb to waste a play with that much time left, the coaches had time to think of a good play and should have already had a good play in mind if they were good coaches. Wasted a down and wasted a chance at the endzone. Wouldn't have mattered anyway but would have made the score a little closer to help their pride.

I will also say this, DC got hosed on 2 big calls in the first half. 1-the refs called a block in the back on a punt return and it wasn't a block in the back, horrible call that negated a ton of return yards and flipped the field. 2-HC fumbled a punt return ball and the refs went brain dead and didn't give the ball to DC which would have been good field postion. Take those horrible calls againt DC away and they may be leading at the half and have a chance in the game. Of course DC shoots themselves in the foot constantly with horrible snaps and fumbles and interceptions that have no business being thrown. HC is the better team by far but DC could have given themselves a better chance without the mistakes and the refs mistakes.

I am new to this game and I looked real hard last night for all the speed that Dickson was suppose to have. I mean Henry county is not loaded with speed but they were obviously faster last night. That was a block in the back on the punt return, the back of the shoulder pad is the back. Actually on the punt return Dickson got screwed but the refereee blew his whistle when the returner touched the ball, not sure what he was thinking but I am pretty sure the ball should have been punted again on an early whistle as no one had possession when the whistle blew. Henry Couinty jumped way ahead of Dickson county 3 years ago and Dickson has done nothing to close the gap, but still a very respectable program just not up to beating Henry COunty, they have been outscore 96-17 over the last three years. nough said

I will also say this, DC got hosed on 2 big calls in the first half. 1-the refs called a block in the back on a punt return and it wasn't a block in the back, horrible call that negated a ton of return yards and flipped the field. 2-HC fumbled a punt return ball and the refs went brain dead and didn't give the ball to DC which would have been good field postion. Take those horrible calls againt DC away and they may be leading at the half and have a chance in the game. Of course DC shoots themselves in the foot constantly with horrible snaps and fumbles and interceptions that have no business being thrown. HC is the better team by far but DC could have given themselves a better chance without the mistakes and the refs mistakes.

Refs aren't the ones "brain dead"..you are! FIRST...the Cougars only had ONE timeout when that play you have referred to happened...I can "recall" BOTH timeouts leading up to that play that DC had used...secondly...DC didn't get hosed after our #3 picked up the rolling punt....(which was an unwise move)..however..as we went down to pick it up...he did so with ONE KNEE on the ground..thus was touched and then was whistled down by contact...the film from last night's game reveals such.....everyone on the sidelines as well as my area (except for a few moms) saw the illegal block in the back on the punt as well....but if you enjoy making excuses for others...then by all means...keep typing!

First of all im a fan of HC, just pointing out that DC would have had a better chance with some better calls by the refs and some better coaching. #3 did not have possesion of the ball with his knee down on that punt return. You have to have possesion of the ball when your knee is down, not just touching it. Don't care if DC had 3 TO's or 1 TO, you don't spike the ball on that play, just poor coaching. When it is the 10th game you have to be more prepared than DC's coaches were. DC has no speed whatsoever. DC has 2 weeks to prepare for their first round game and maybe they can straighten some things out....good luck to them. The fastest 2 teams HC has faced is Liberty and Springfield, which are also the 2 best teams HC has faced. But it is going to be a different beast playing Northside, Ridgeway, Mitchell, and Melrose. Hopefully we can stay healthy in a totally meaningless Rossview game.

First of all im a fan of HC, just pointing out that DC would have had a better chance with some better calls by the refs and some better coaching. #3 did not have possesion of the ball with his knee down on that punt return. You have to have possesion of the ball when your knee is down, not just touching it. Don't care if DC had 3 TO's or 1 TO, you don't spike the ball on that play, just poor coaching. When it is the 10th game you have to be more prepared than DC's coaches were. DC has no speed whatsoever. DC has 2 weeks to prepare for their first round game and maybe they can straighten some things out....good luck to them. The fastest 2 teams HC has faced is Liberty and Springfield, which are also the 2 best teams HC has faced. But it is going to be a different beast playing Northside, Ridgeway, Mitchell, and Melrose. Hopefully we can stay healthy in a totally meaningless Rossview game.

You can play your JV and still beat Rossview. Rossview is having a VERY down year. I wouldn't risk injury. HC has a chance to go pretty deep in the playoffs and this deep run will only help your underclassmen in the next several years. I sure didn't see this beat down coming against DC. I thought one touchdown would be the difference.