Gerry Bertier 3A Playoff Bracket

Gerry Bertier

Some have requested that I post what the brackets would be. I waited til after week 8 so some of the mud would clear. A couple of things before I list the bracket. Remember seeding is NOT based on district placement, but on total victories. Also, they eliminated the repeat district match-ups ban in the 1st round. Here is what you have wanted, I am sure it will spark some excellent discussion. Also the last team out was York Institute at (4-5). Last team in was Piegon Forge. Alot will change in the next two weeks.

Quad 1

1 West Greene (7-2)

8 Piegon Forge (4-4)

4 Happy Valley (5-2)

5 South Greene (5-3)

3 Sullivan North (6-3)

6 Gatlinburg Pittman (5-3)

2 Chuckey Doak (6-2)

7 Elizabethon (5-3)

Quad 2

1 Alcoa (8-0)

8 Sweetwater (4-4)*

4 Loudon (6-2)

5 Tyner (6-2)

3 Polk Co. (7-1)

6 Kingston (5-3)

2 CAK (8-0)

7 Austin East (5-3)

Quad 3

1 Smith Co. (8-1)

8 Grundy Co. (5-3)

4 Bledsoe Co. (6-2)

5 East Literature (6-2)

3 Goodpasture (7-1)

6 Pearl Cohn (5-3)

2 Howard (7-1)

7 Sequathcie Co. (5-3)

Quad 4

1 Camden (9-0)

8 Cheatham Co. (4-4)

4 Oakhaven (6-2)

5 CPA (5-4)

3 Fairview (7-1)

6 Westview (5-3)

2 Milan (7-1)

7 Stewart Co. (5-3)

Edited by Gerry Bertier
  • Upvote 1

Some have requested that I post what the brackets would be. I waited til after week 8 so some of the mud would clear. A couple of things before I list the bracket. Remember seeding is NOT based on district placement, but on total victories. Also, they eliminated the repeat district match-ups ban in the 1st round. Here is what you have wanted, I am sure it will spark some excellent discussion. Also the last team out was York Institute at (4-5). Last team in was Piegon Forge. Alot will change in the next two weeks.

Quad 1

1 West Greene (7-2)

8 Piegon Forge (4-4)

4 Happy Valley (5-2)

5 South Greene (5-3)

3 Sullivan North (6-3)

6 Gatlinburg Pittman (5-3)

2 Chuckey Doak (6-2)

7 Elizabethon (5-3)

Quad 2

1 Alcoa (8-0)

8 Sweetwater (4-4)

4 Polk Co. (7-1)

5 Loudon (6-2)

3 Howard (7-1)

6 Kingston (5-3)

2 CAK (8-0)

7 Austin East (5-3)

Quad 3

1 Smith Co. (8-1)

8 Grundy Co. (5-3)

4 East Literature (6-2)

5 Tyner (6-2)

3 Bledsoe Co. (6-2)

6 Pearl Cohn (5-3)

2 Goodpasture (7-1)

7 Sequathcie Co. (5-3)

Quad 4

1 Camden (9-0)

8 Cheatham Co. (4-4)

4 Oakhaven (6-2)

5 CPA (5-4)

3 Fairview (7-1)

6 Westview (5-3)

2 Milan (7-1)

7 Stewart Co. (5-3)

Quad 2 Howard is farther west than Tyner

EL is 5-3 according to their schedule on here-losses to Maplewood, Pearl-Cohn, Stratford. They should be favored to beat Whites Creek but will have to beat Lipscomb to match Sequatchie, Grundy if those two beat the teams they're favored to beat. Sequatchie has Meigs and McMinn Central, Grundy has Notre Dame and Chattanooga Grace, wins in those would make Seq and Grundy 7-3.

Not being picky, EL is just one of the teams I'm keeping up with in the quad. I will be surprised, trying to guess the rest of the regular season, if Howard doesn't end up in Quad 2. Pigeon Forge missing out would add to that possibility.

EL is 5-3 according to their schedule on here-losses to Maplewood, Pearl-Cohn, Stratford. They should be favored to beat Whites Creek but will have to beat Lipscomb to match Sequatchie, Grundy if those two beat the teams they're favored to beat. Sequatchie has Meigs and McMinn Central, Grundy has Notre Dame and Chattanooga Grace, wins in those would make Seq and Grundy 7-3.

Not being picky, EL is just one of the teams I'm keeping up with in the quad. I will be surprised, trying to guess the rest of the regular season, if Howard doesn't end up in Quad 2. Pigeon Forge missing out would add to that possibility.

TSSAA website still have EL beating Maplewood two weeks ago that was fraudently reported on Thursday before the game. District standings still wrong also.

Send email to TSSAA and they fixed it this am.

Edited by FBGIRL

Here is what Quad 3 should look like. I am sorry I just assumed the TSSAA website was correct about East Literature, which is my mistake assuming the TSSAA could get anything right.

1 Smith Co. (8-1)

8 East Literature (5-3)

4 Bledsoe Co. (6-2)

5 Pearl Cohn (5-3)

3 Goodpasture (7-1)

6 Grundy Co. (5-3)

2 Howard (7-1)

7 Sequathcie Co. (5-3)

Here is what Quad 3 should look like. I am sorry I just assumed the TSSAA website was correct about East Literature, which is my mistake assuming the TSSAA could get anything right.

1 Smith Co. (8-1)

8 East Literature (5-3)

4 Bledsoe Co. (6-2)

5 Pearl Cohn (5-3)

3 Goodpasture (7-1)

6 Grundy Co. (5-3)

2 Howard (7-1)

7 Sequathcie Co. (5-3)

The Quad will change big time before the final one is released. I see PC and EL losing another one and Howard will be moved back to quad 2. Also, Seq is ahead of Grundy in seeding because they beat them earlier in the season. As i understood it tiebreaker rules are not taken into consideration if the the two teams have played each other. Head to Head is done first.

The Quad will change big time before the final one is released. I see PC and EL losing another one and Howard will be moved back to quad 2. Also, Seq is ahead of Grundy in seeding because they beat them earlier in the season. As i understood it tiebreaker rules are not taken into consideration if the the two teams have played each other. Head to Head is done first.

Head to Head is only used if the teams have the same record. In this case, you have 3 teams at 5-3 and Grundy Co. hold the tiebreaker over PC and Seq. Co. The only way Tyner goes back to quad 2 is to have someone in the West part of the state take a WC spot.

Still can't believe that Stratford beat East Lit. Anybody know what happened?