Gerry Bertier 3A Playoff Bracket

Gerry Bertier

the last team out was York Institute at (4-5). Last team in was Piegon Forge. Alot will change in the next two weeks.

Pigeon Forge's final two games are against Austin-East & Gatlinburg-Pittman.

York Institute's final game is against Smith County.

Lewis County is 3-5 and currently on the outside looking in and they play Fairview this upcoming week.

When you look at District 15-AA you'll find Manassas at 3-5. They have Memphis North Side this week and Kingsbury next week. If they win them both then they'll get in via the "automatic" berth by finishing 2nd in the distict.

I look for Manassas to go to Q-4, CPA to go to Q-3, Howard to go to Q-2, Austin-East to go to Q-1, and Pigeon Forge to be on th outside looking in by the time all of the games are said and done :thumb:

Pigeon Forge's final two games are against Austin-East & Gatlinburg-Pittman.

York Institute's final game is against Smith County.

Lewis County is 3-5 and currently on the outside looking in and they play Fairview this upcoming week.

When you look at District 15-AA you'll find Manassas at 3-5. They have Memphis North Side this week and Kingsbury next week. If they win them both then they'll get in via the "automatic" berth by finishing 2nd in the distict.

I look for Manassas to go to Q-4, CPA to go to Q-3, Howard to go to Q-2, Austin-East to go to Q-1, and Pigeon Forge to be on th outside looking in by the time all of the games are said and done :thumb:

Can't say I disagree with that assessment. Wouldn't mind seeing CPA go to Quad 3.

Can't say I disagree with that assessment. Wouldn't mind seeing CPA go to Quad 3.

I think CPA would rather play in Quad 4 as they would have already played Goodpasture, East Lit and Peal Cohn, It also looks like CPA would have a higher seeding in Quad 4 than Quad 3. That seems odd to me.

Edited by coachrus

As I have been researching the schedules of the 3A teams in contention for playoff spots, I have been shocked to see how may teams schedule Class A games. I thought there might be an occasional one here or there; however, there are many teams who are scheduling 3,4,5 and even 6 small Class A teams. Bledsoe County is the worst offender. They only have 4 games in their own class (district games). All the rest are small Class A teams. This is a farce. There should be a penalty for playing down classifications in the playoff system.

As I have been researching the schedules of the 3A teams in contention for playoff spots, I have been shocked to see how may teams schedule Class A games. I thought there might be an occasional one here or there; however, there are many teams who are scheduling 3,4,5 and even 6 small Class A teams. Bledsoe County is the worst offender. They only have 4 games in their own class (district games). All the rest are small Class A teams. This is a farce. There should be a penalty for playing down classifications in the playoff system.

Here are the teams in contention for a playoff position in 3A and the number of teams on their schedule from Class A (minimum of 2):

Bledsoe County 6

Grundy County 5

Happy Valley 4

Milan 4

Stewart County 4

West Greene 4

Oakhaven 3

Sequatchie Cty 3

Sweetwater 3

Camden 2

Pigeon-Forge 2

Polk County 2

Westview 2

Here are the teams in contention for a playoff position in 3A and the number of teams on their schedule from Class A (minimum of 2):

Bledsoe County 6

Grundy County 5

Happy Valley 4

Milan 4

Stewart County 4

West Greene 4

Oakhaven 3

Sequatchie Cty 3

Sweetwater 3

Camden 2

Pigeon-Forge 2

Polk County 2

Westview 2

I can tell you that the Camden, Westview, and Milan playing down are traditional rivalries. All three are going to play Huntingdon and McKenzie (Milan not so much) every year. Camden plays Bruceton because its like 5 miles away. Milan is going to play Humboldt due to traditional rivaly. So those are not scheduled for cupcake. They are scheduled to keep up tradition. Take that however you like.

I can tell you that the Camden, Westview, and Milan playing down are traditional rivalries. All three are going to play Huntingdon and McKenzie (Milan not so much) every year. Camden plays Bruceton because its like 5 miles away. Milan is going to play Humboldt due to traditional rivaly. So those are not scheduled for cupcake. They are scheduled to keep up tradition. Take that however you like.

i think you should give teams that play a tough scheduled instead of playing cupcakes elizabethton wins there district 5 0 then look at this non conf games #1 4a greeneville #2 cak #2 ashville nc @2 6a teams science hill @ voluteer put they get placed 7th in quad1 and on the road with 2 teams in there conf getted seeded higher and they beat both of them but thats tssaa for you if i was teams and thats what tssaa is going to do i would play 1a teams i could beat

I agree with you, Sequatchie schedules Whitwell and Marion counties as part of the SVC conference and will continue to do so I believe, these game are good rivarly games and I don't hink anybody would call Signal Mountain a cupcake, that is our 3 smaller schools and Marion just droped down anyway. You will have a hard time filling out a schedule trying to play same classification anyway.

I can see giving a pass scheduling 1 down class game. I might even stretch it to 2 for a traditional rivalry. But there is no way playing 3 or more should be allowed without a penalty. Milan playing 4 Class A games is not fair. Bledsoe County playing 6 Class A games is cheating. It may be legal as far as the rules go, but it is cheating the system.

I can see giving a pass scheduling 1 down class game. I might even stretch it to 2 for a traditional rivalry. But there is no way playing 3 or more should be allowed without a penalty. Milan playing 4 Class A games is not fair. Bledsoe County playing 6 Class A games is cheating. It may be legal as far as the rules go, but it is cheating the system.

yeah so when they get knocked out in the first round nobody will be surprised right?