Gerry Bertier 3A Playoff Bracket

Gerry Bertier

CPA would be a tough draw for anyone in the first round, as would Tyner.

Tyner has played a very tough schedule with two early season losses to Baylor and Ooletwah both in higher classifications. Baylor may be the best team in Tennessee this year. Should be a good game against Howard this week. Kudos to Tyner for scheduling hard teams!! No class A cupcakes on their schedule.

yeah so when they get knocked out in the first round nobody will be surprised right?

I feel that if Cheatham County should make the playoffs that their non-district slate will be very beneficial. Smith County (8-1), Greenbrier (6-3), and even Sycamore (3-5) are all big, strong, very well coached football teams. When you add that to a district battle with Camden Central (9-0) & Stewart County (5-3), as well as preseason battles with a trio that includes Jo Byrns (8-0), Fairview (7-1), and David Lipscomb (6-2) you will see a team that has definitely lined up and battled great competition since the first week of August.

If the Cubs can beat Waverly Central & Creek Wood in their final 2 games they are going to be a handful for whoever they meet in the opening round of the playoffs!

I feel that if Cheatham County should make the playoffs that their non-district slate will be very beneficial. Smith County (8-1), Greenbrier (6-3), and even Sycamore (3-5) are all big, strong, very well coached football teams. When you add that to a district battle with Camden Central (9-0) & Stewart County (5-3), as well as preseason battles with a trio that includes Jo Byrns (8-0), Fairview (7-1), and David Lipscomb (6-2) you will see a team that has definitely lined up and battled great competition since the first week of August.

If the Cubs can beat Waverly Central & Creek Wood in their final 2 games they are going to be a handful for whoever they meet in the opening round of the playoffs!

I would agree. Looks like the non district schedule is pretty tough (with 1 exception). I'm not sure the preseason games give you much credit though. Should be in with one more win, but need 2 to make it a lock.

No sir bulldog69 I don't see a potential matchup between Fairview-Camden Central coming anytime prior to the Quarterfinal Round. Camden Central is going to be the #1 overall seed in Q-4 and I believe Fairview will be #2 or #3 (on the same side of the bracket as Milan).

Fairview is a tough, hard nosed bunch that has gotten after it all season long and deserves the success that they have enjoyed to this point in the season. I just hope they can take care of business this week against Lewis County.

I can see giving a pass scheduling 1 down class game. I might even stretch it to 2 for a traditional rivalry. But there is no way playing 3 or more should be allowed without a penalty. Milan playing 4 Class A games is not fair. Bledsoe County playing 6 Class A games is cheating. It may be legal as far as the rules go, but it is cheating the system.

Penalty? What kind of penalty? You say it is cheating the system but it is strictly playing by the guidelines put in place by the TSSAA. Just like RCombs said earlier the majority are older rivalries from years ago. I don't think our coach wants to be the one to stop a rivalry that goes back into the 30's or 40's. Some of our opponents have gottem smaller over the past few years ie: Humboldt, Trenton & Huntingdon. However, they are still great gates for both programs more often than not. Some of the teams we play in this latest TSSAA district alignment don't bring 100 fans to the games. There are alot of different factors to consider when you make out your schedule and so far ours fits the bill pretty well for us.

Penalty? What kind of penalty? You say it is cheating the system but it is strictly playing by the guidelines put in place by the TSSAA. Just like RCombs said earlier the majority are older rivalries from years ago. I don't think our coach wants to be the one to stop a rivalry that goes back into the 30's or 40's. Some of our opponents have gottem smaller over the past few years ie: Humboldt, Trenton & Huntingdon. However, they are still great gates for both programs more often than not. Some of the teams we play in this latest TSSAA district alignment don't bring 100 fans to the games. There are alot of different factors to consider when you make out your schedule and so far ours fits the bill pretty well for us.

I understand your point of view, but for Milan to play 4 Class A teams and to get full credit in the playoff systems and full credit in the seeding for those wins does not seem fair compared to a team that plays Class AAA teams. The TSSAA system is currently penalizing teams that play up and rewarding teams that play down. You would have to agree that Bledsoe County playing 6 Class A teams should not be rewarded the same as a team who does not play any Class A teams and schedules several Class AAA teams. They have scheduled every NON district game with a Class A team.

If teams want to do that fine, but give teams that play harder schedules an additional consideration. The first thing that comes to mind is that a win against a lower class opponent should not count the same in the tiebreaker formula as a win against a higher class opponent. Perhaps a Class AA win should count as 1.0, a Class A win should count as .75 and a Class AAA win should count as 1.25 in the tie breaker formula.

Tyner has played a very tough schedule with two early season losses to Baylor and Ooletwah both in higher classifications. Baylor may be the best team in Tennessee this year. Should be a good game against Howard this week. Kudos to Tyner for scheduling hard teams!! No class A cupcakes on their schedule.

Kudos to Tyner for playing up, but what about Baylor and Ooltewah playing down.

I hear everyones complaint and i can understand to some degree. The one way to look at this the ones who say they play a tougher schedule is better prepared for the playoffs. The ones that play what you say easier schedules it will possibly hurt them. You still got to beat them all to WIN A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. Alcoa is a great team and anyone from there quad would have a complaint because they don't have a chance to make Quarters,Semi's, or even Finals. As for some programs like Milan they have been there the last 2 years to get beat by Alcoa but they beat some good teams to get to them. Tenn. has some great 3A teams it will fun watching how it plays out and if it was different on how they seeded teams there would still be unfairness in some way.

Second Place is the First Loser.

I understand your point of view, but for Milan to play 4 Class A teams and to get full credit in the playoff systems and full credit in the seeding for those wins does not seem fair compared to a team that plays Class AAA teams. The TSSAA system is currently penalizing teams that play up and rewarding teams that play down. You would have to agree that Bledsoe County playing 6 Class A teams should not be rewarded the same as a team who does not play any Class A teams and schedules several Class AAA teams. They have scheduled every NON district game with a Class A team.

If teams want to do that fine, but give teams that play harder schedules an additional consideration. The first thing that comes to mind is that a win against a lower class opponent should not count the same in the tiebreaker formula as a win against a higher class opponent. Perhaps a Class AA win should count as 1.0, a Class A win should count as .75 and a Class AAA win should count as 1.25 in the tie breaker formula.

Your failing to realize that Bledsoe changed coaches last year and they are having to honor the contracts that the former coach had set up. Next year they play one team that is lower than AAA. That is Marion Co. and thats a SVC rivalry. So try to get some facts before jumping onto Bledsoe for the schedule they play that the current coach had nothing to do with.

Your failing to realize that Bledsoe changed coaches last year and they are having to honor the contracts that the former coach had set up. Next year they play one team that is lower than AAA. That is Marion Co. and thats a SVC rivalry. So try to get some facts before jumping onto Bledsoe for the schedule they play that the current coach had nothing to do with.

I understand your point, but that's why they said Bledsoe instead of Coach Reel and it really don't matter who scheduled them. I don't care what these people are trying to argue, there is a lot of great teams that are in smaller classification's. Like South Pitt, Signal Mountain and so on that are better than bigger schools.

I agree that playing harder schedule will prepare you for playoffs. I hope they don't penalize teams for playing down when it comes to the SV teams, as this will be disheartening. Marion and South Pitt might have beaten Sequatchie more they we beat them over the years, I don't know, but from a older guy's standpoint, I would hate not to play them. I hope Sequatchie can schedule Sp in the near future.