Best High School Program in the last 20 years?

volstud01

I remember 35-10 in '06 but the other games were more competetive I think. The matchups with Hillsboro and Melrose in that decade were good stuff. Maryville 6 to Melrose's 3 may be the best high school game I've sat through.

It was absolutely the best game, but I believe the final score was 7-6 in favor of Maryville. The Melrose kicker (Graig Cooper, later a tailback at Miami), missed the PAT.

• 2 weeks later...

These are the winningest Playoff teams in all classifications

Playoff records from 1969:

Teams with more than 50 playoff wins

Brentwood Academy: 89-26 (55 different teams)

Maryville: 88-20 (59 different teams)

Alcoa: 78-12 (37 different teams)

Trousdale County: 70-22 (54 different teams)

Milan 67-31 (49 different teams)

South Pittsburg: 59-23 (39 different teams)

Goodpasture: 59-24 (43 different teams)

Oak Ridge: 59-25 (37 different teams)

Riverdale: 58-21 (38 different teams)

David Lipscomb: 54-18 (40 different teams)

German Town: 52-23 (37 different teams)

Just missed the 50 mark:

Gallatin 47-30

Melrose 47-23

Austin East 45-21

White House 45-28

Marion County 44-26

MUS 40-22

Thanks for the sta update. This just proves that Maryville & Alcoa have the 2 best programs of all time even though this is just for the last 20 years...

Thanks for the sta update. This just proves that Maryville & Alcoa have the 2 best programs of all time even though this is just for the last 20 years...

I stated it was for the playoff history and it actually indicates Brentwood Academy is the greatest playoff team of all time. My point was there were great programs that have fallen on hard times and there are some programs that have gotten good. Then there are a select few that have always had periods of success. However, if you take a look at when open enrollment for Alcoa and Maryville occur, you will see it correlates with the record streaks they both have enjoyed the past decade.

I stated it was for the playoff history and it actually indicates Brentwood Academy is the greatest playoff team of all time. My point was there were great programs that have fallen on hard times and there are some programs that have gotten good. Then there are a select few that have always had periods of success. However, if you take a look at when open enrollment for Alcoa and Maryville occur, you will see it correlates with the record streaks they both have enjoyed the past decade.

Open enrollment?? What's that alluding to? Playoff win totals for BA doesn't equal to the fact the both Maryviile & Alcoa are very sclose to those totals with more state titles. Besides, one more win & 6 more losses gives them a better record?? Did you not study math? According to those totals, Alcoa's playoff winning percentage is 86%, Maryville's 81%, & Brentwood Academy's 77%. I'm guessing you failed math & can't play Texas Hole Em neither... lol

Edited by JSamson7

Open enrollment?? What's that alluding to? Playoff win totals for BA doesn't equal to the fact the both Maryviile & Alcoa are very sclose to those totals with more state titles. Besides, one more win & 6 more losses gives them a better record?? Did you not study math? According to those totals, Alcoa's playoff winning percentage is 86%, Maryville's 81%, & Brentwood Academy's 77%. I'm guessing you failed math & can't play Texas Hole Em neither... lol

You can't spell nor can you read. If you look at the list I posted and playoff records, you will see that Brentwood Academy is at the top of that list. I didn't post a thing about percentages. Furthermore, I didn't allude to open enrollment, I stated it for the fact that it is. Lastly, I don't give a hairy rats butt about a Texas card game that you can't spell.

• Upvote 1

Brentwood Academy has finished in the Top 10 of the National Sports News Service Top 25 final rankings three times: 1988 (#8), 1995 (#8), and 1996 (#3). Also Brentwood Academy has finished in the Top 10 of the USA Today Super 25 three times: 1988 (#8), 1995 (#6), and 1996 (#7).

State championship in Class A competition after only four years of varsity play in 1974

State football championships in Class 2A in 1980, 1981, 1982, 1987, 1988, 1991

State football championship in Class 5A in 1995 and 1996

State football championship in Division II in 2006

You can't spell nor can you read. If you look at the list I posted and playoff records, you will see that Brentwood Academy is at the top of that list. I didn't post a thing about percentages. Furthermore, I didn't allude to open enrollment, I stated it for the fact that it is. Lastly, I don't give a hairy rats butt about a Texas card game that you can't spell.

Go Vols! :mrgreen:

Ok Jerky... I noticed that misspelling as soon as I put it up there, but couldn't go back to edit it. Find another word that's wrong Nazi. There is no open enrollment at either school, get that fact straight. Maybe if you weren't from "Po-ducky" County in BFE you would realized that...