TSSAA PLAYOFF SYSTEM- ONE RULE ADDED COULD FIX IT

CycloneCyclone

One way teams can fix the TSSAA that allows teams like Greeneville and Alcoa and the private schools that recruit is boycott them when you have to play them. Could you see how much $ TSSAA would lose if the winner of Q1 and the winner of Q3 and Q4 refuse to play Alcoa and just give them their 1,000,000th gold ball. Think of all that money they would lose. Private school should not be allowed to play the public schools. Every other state does that. Until the coaches stand up to them they will keep allowing those teams to cheat.

The TSSAA would still get their money because Alcoa's following is second to none. Heck, they would probably make more money because Alcoa would probably scrimmage the second and third Alcoa team and show a better game! :thumb:

Cheating? Are you kidding me. Wipe away your tears and move on. That story is getting way way tooooooooo old!!!! :bored:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One way teams can fix the TSSAA that allows teams like Greeneville and Alcoa and the private schools that recruit is boycott them when you have to play them. Could you see how much $ TSSAA would lose if the winner of Q1 and the winner of Q3 and Q4 refuse to play Alcoa and just give them their 1,000,000th gold ball. Think of all that money they would lose. Private school should not be allowed to play the public schools. Every other state does that. Until the coaches stand up to them they will keep allowing those teams to cheat.

A better idea Cyclone would be to drop your high school's football team, practice to get better, then rejoin when ready to play at the level of your competition. Or, just continue cry. I am guessing you are a Betsy follower?? If not, Betsy followers, I apologize in advance. The cyclones should add Loudon and Kingston to their schedule along with CAK. Then, you could blame them for cheating too. If Betsy was in Alcoa's region, Betsy would be, AT BEST, a fourth place team. :thumb:

I am assuming you are trying to say that no other state allows private schools to play public schools? If that is what you are saying, you are most INCORRECT.

man that loss to Greeneville is really gettin to you huh? funny you weren't makin this kind of noise when you beat Greeneville last year. If you really feel that way then drop CAK and Greeneville from your schedule and pick up some 1A teams like everybody else does. We have all had to play our share of Maryville's and Alcoa's...yes even Greeneville. Greene county schools don't whine as much as you little Betsy fans. C'mon, surely the Whittens can convince some of the Carter County talent to squeeze into the Betsy City limits...I'm sure with the talent that shows up every year for Jason's football camp that some can be coaxed from Washington and Unicoi County as well. Man ya'll must really be raw that SH finally got a coach and the JC talent that was slipping in has dried up.

Edited by barb

The TSSAA would still get their money because Alcoa's following is second to none. Heck, they would probably make more money because Alcoa would probably scrimmage the second and third Alcoa team and show a better game! :thumb:

Cheating? Are you kidding me. Wipe away your tears and move on. That story is getting way way tooooooooo old!!!! :bored:

One question, How many star players at Alcoa, went to Alcoa city schools in the first grade?

Way to go Barb! If you can't answer them with knowledge baffle them with bs.

It was a stupid question Rock....how many Giles County players have been there since first grade? How many from Elizabethton, or DB or well you get the idea. What was the point? If he wants to know how many Alcoa players are tuition students, he should just ask. Then we can all just assume they are there to play ball. Does that mean Alcoa recruits? If lived in Knoxville and had a talented player, they wouldn't have to recruit him. I'd have my application and check on the desk as soon as my boy was ready for middle school. I know Greeneville had open enrollment long before they had high caliber sports. I'm not sure but I would imagine Alcoa did as well. Has it helped? I'm sure there are a few young people who have college educations because of the opportunities they received as a result of attending these schools. Now the question of whether open-enrollment should be dealt with by TSSAA is valid. Calling these schools "cheaters" is not.

Edited by barb

look at tyner seems howard will get a higher seed even tho they lost to tyner.. because the beat more teams with .500 or better record. ... that bein said if polk had played cak and beat them in the season . would they still be seeded behind cak cause cak had played more teams with .500 or better record.. someon clarify