Soddy Daisy at Rhea County

LAY

I'm not saying that our boys aren't giving it every thing they've got, but sometimes you people just need to take your green and gold glasses off and take a dose of reality. Making a solid offensive football team out of a team that has multiple linemen under 200 lbs and receivers who run over 5.0 40's is not an easy thing in 6A football. You get tired of us running the ball? Go watch any great football team tomorrow and tell me what they do. We're holding this thing together by paperclips and duct tape at this point of the season. We all know your son plays, and I, for one, think he's done a good job so far this season, but the size disadvantage we have up front really limits what we can do offensively. For what it's worth, when you're up in a slobberknocker football game, you control the clock and make the plays when you have to-----that's exactly what we did. So, please keep letting the hate flow while Coach Cameron (2008 4-4A OC of the Year) continues to send player to play at the next level (7 since he took over in 2006).

I have to put my two cents in on this. I think what all of us have witnessed this season has been very remarkable PLAY and COACHING from this program! This team is undersized all over and not filled with alot of speed. Not a very good combination. I am pretty sure we are the smallest 6A school in the STATE!! What they do have is so much more!!! They have RIGHT ATTITUDE, TEAMWORK, and not sure if anyone has mentioned this but HEART!!!!!!!! What you guys have can take you so far in life. I am so proud of each of you guys! Mize you really stuck out tonight!!! Way to get after it kid! You made alot of BIG stops! :thumb: You boys have a great and safe weekend!

Coaches, you keep doing what you do as far as Bigbirds concern! We are just a play or two away from being undefeated in district play. I believe if we lined all these district teams up and tested their 40 times, shuttle, verticals, etc we LOSE!!! You guys are doing an OUTSTANDING job each week doing what you you do! Guys, really its time the green and gold glasses come off for some of you.

On another note did anybody else have that awesome feeling watching the two teams walk out on the field together for prayer? Boy I did!!! Makes me proud to live and be a part Rhea County! :thumb:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a fun game that was, and wow what an intense 4th quarter. That was just a good old fashion football game. We made more plays and that is what won the ball game. Great job defense forcing Soddy to turn the ball over 6 times and get a punt block. Great job! Well time to enjoy this one and get ready for Warren Co.

Play-off picture at this point still isn't too clear. I'll get a better picture when the TSSAA comes out with the play-off update on Tuesday. Also right now I believe we are the only team out of East Tennessee that can still make it in. All we got to do is win and wait and see.

Also I am so proud to have been apart of everything that happened in the pregame. That was a great sight to see.

Wow. Best win of the year, and the complaints still fly.

Best coached game of the year, without question. The trick play, the defensive adjustments after halftime to stop the run, ball control at the end of the game... I could go on. Those boys absolutely played their guts out. Again, great win.

My only complaint of the night is the serious lack of football IQ in the homestands by self-proclaimed know-it-alls. I'm willing to bet it is the same people complaining about #10 getting the ball too much on this message board.

The biggest fan is correct. This isn't the biggest or fastest team ever assembled here. They win on sheer guts. The hyper-sensitive mommas (or dads for that matter) out there should take that as a huge compliment, not an insult.

Wow. Best win of the year, and the complaints still fly.

Best coached game of the year, without question. The trick play, the defensive adjustments after halftime to stop the run, ball control at the end of the game... I could go on. Those boys absolutely played their guts out. Again, great win.

My only complaint of the night is the serious lack of football IQ in the homestands by self-proclaimed know-it-alls. I'm willing to bet it is the same people complaining about #10 getting the ball too much on this message board.

The biggest fan is correct. This isn't the biggest or fastest team ever assembled here. They win on sheer guts and excellent strategy. The hyper-sensitive mommas (or dads for that matter) out there should take that as a huge compliment, not an insult.

Fixed your post :flower:

For all those "haters" complaining about our conservative offensive play throughout Coach Walt Cameron's reign as the offensive coordinator, tonight is a textbook example of why "we do what we do". Establish the run, maintain good field position, and control the clock--It's a winning formula that's stood the test of time since the beginning of football. So, to all of you football morons out there who scream "is that the only play we've got?!" two dozen times a game, it's time for you to get a clue. Our offensive staff has taken a rag tag group of kids and turned them into a team. If you'd rather have Soddy's/Ooltewah's/Wilson Centrals/Mcminn's/Walker Valley's offensive coordinators over ours, then you're so biased that you don't deserve to have a say in the matter.

Wow you really are Walt or at least his biggist fan. I just always assumed you were being sarcastic with your obnoxious posts. Every true fan at some point is a "bleacher coach" or "saturday morning quaterback" and questions the play calling. This happened before Walt and will happen after him and please remember every one who buys a ticket has the right to express their opinion whether its on the internet or making a butt of them selves at the game. Dont take it personal Walt it comes with the job.

Don't get me wrong I am not a "hater", in fact I thought last weeks game at Cleveland was the most complete game plan this staff has put together as a group. They figured out exactly where to hit Cleveland on offense and defense and just as important they had the men pumped up and ready to play, but as we all know things don't always go to plan. We hurt ourselves with turnovers and the Blue Raiders made the plays they needed to win.

I wouldn't call these guys "rag tag" but we are limited in size and speed. In the last few weeks the staff has done a good job of building an offensive game plan around what I think is one of the best if not the best quaterback in the area.

As for last nights game, Congratulations Eagles on a hard fought victory over one of our better rivals over the last few years.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Wow you really are Walt or at least his biggist fan. I just always assumed you were being sarcastic with your obnoxious posts. Every true fan at some point is a "bleacher coach" or "saturday morning quaterback" and questions the play calling. This happened before Walt and will happen after him and please remember every one who buys a ticket has the right to express their opinion whether its on the internet or making a butt of them selves at the game. Dont take it personal Walt it comes with the job.

Don't get me wrong I am not a "hater", in fact I thought last weeks game at Cleveland was the most complete game plan this staff has put together as a group. They figured out exactly where to hit Cleveland on offense and defense and just as important they had the men pumped up and ready to play, but as we all know things don't always go to plan. We hurt ourselves with turnovers and the Blue Raiders made the plays they needed to win.

I wouldn't call these guys "rag tag" but we are limited in size and speed. In the last few weeks the staff has done a good job of building an offensive game plan around what I think is one of the best if not the best quaterback in the area.

As for last nights game, Congratulations Eagles on a hard fought victory over one of our better rivals over the last few years.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I'm not Coach Cameron, I couldn't handle the pressure. I'm just a dedicated fan who's enjoyed watching his play-calling over the past several seasons, and wants to take up for him against the endless tirade of football mothers who don't understand the value of conservative football.

Some people just have to have something to complain about. We lose to Maryville in the third round of the playoffs with a sophomore QB and best offense weapon hurt? That's the OC's fault. Lose to Wilson Central when we have literally three times the offensive production? The OC's fault. You people (the ones who are screaming in the stands) show that if ANYTHING goes wrong with our football team, you will find a way to make it into our OC's fault simply because you can't grasp the concept of what true football is all about. Sometimes the ball just doesn't bounce your way, and that's not anybody's "fault".

I'm not saying that our boys aren't giving it every thing they've got, but sometimes you people just need to take your green and gold glasses off and take a dose of reality. Making a solid offensive football team out of a team that has multiple linemen under 200 lbs and receivers who run over 5.0 40's is not an easy thing in 6A football. You get tired of us running the ball? Go watch any great football team tomorrow and tell me what they do. We're holding this thing together by paperclips and duct tape at this point of the season. We all know your son plays, and I, for one, think he's done a good job so far this season, but the size disadvantage we have up front really limits what we can do offensively. For what it's worth, when you're up in a slobberknocker football game, you control the clock and make the plays when you have to-----that's exactly what we did. So, please keep letting the hate flow while Coach Cameron (2008 4-4A OC of the Year) continues to send player to play at the next level (7 since he took over in 2006).

i believe it is Tommy who has sent the most. 3 lineman in 4 years? to d1 schools. the rest where just on talent.

LAY

I have to put my two cents in on this. I think what all of us have witnessed this season has been very remarkable PLAY and COACHING from this program! This team is undersized all over and not filled with alot of speed. Not a very good combination. I am pretty sure we are the smallest 6A school in the STATE!! What they do have is so much more!!! They have RIGHT ATTITUDE, TEAMWORK, and not sure if anyone has mentioned this but HEART!!!!!!!! What you guys have can take you so far in life. I am so proud of each of you guys! Mize you really stuck out tonight!!! Way to get after it kid! You made alot of BIG stops! :thumb: You boys have a great and safe weekend!

Coaches, you keep doing what you do as far as Bigbirds concern! We are just a play or two away from being undefeated in district play. I believe if we lined all these district teams up and tested their 40 times, shuttle, verticals, etc we LOSE!!! You guys are doing an OUTSTANDING job each week doing what you you do! Guys, really its time the green and gold glasses come off for some of you.

On another note did anybody else have that awesome feeling watching the two teams walk out on the field together for prayer? Boy I did!!! Makes me proud to live and be a part Rhea County! :thumb:

:thumb:

i believe it is Tommy who has sent the most. 3 lineman in 4 years? to d1 schools. the rest where just on talent.

I'll have to agree. Coach Mitchell made Revis, Walker, and McLeroy into linemen. I don't believe the OC had anything to do with it. Davis didn't play for Cameron. He made it on his left leg and his dad's coaching. Hilliard made it as a defensive lineman. Hate to break it to you, but your beloved buddy Walt had nothing to do with those five.

I'll have to agree. Coach Mitchell made Revis, Walker, and McLeroy into linemen. I don't believe the OC had anything to do with it. Davis didn't play for Cameron. He made it on his left leg and his dad's coaching. Hilliard made it as a defensive lineman. Hate to break it to you, but your beloved buddy Walt had nothing to do with those five.

Your wrong again silent.I think he had you a full ride but you kept dropping the snaps on extra points never understood why he kept sending you out

Your wrong again silent.I think he had you a full ride but you kept dropping the snaps on extra points never understood why he kept sending you out

Hey now, lets not bash our fellow rhea countians. we are simply stating that Revis, Walker, and Mcleroy almost never spent time with ANY of the lineman during almost NONE of the practices. Mitchell made them who they were. Davis was a good kicker, no denying that, and Walt has jack to do with that as well. Hilliard was just a man among boys, and isnt hampton the quarterbacks coach? so there goes wilson as well. Looks like Pritchett is all thats left ;] :flower: