give a ranking for the single A league

seniors

I beliveve the top preseason poll could look like this based on last yrs finish.

1. Clarksville Academy

2. columbia Academy

3. westwood

4. Humbolt

5. City university

6. Union City

7. Middleton

8. Scottshill

9. Adamville

10. Douglass

CSAS (Chattanooga)has to be on this list! State tourney appearance in 2010 & returns all significant contributors. (I believe lost one to transfer & one to graduation). Good & experienced coaching staff. They've been there. Look for them to make some waves.

I'll go with...

1) Clarksville Academy

2) Memphis Westwood

3) City University

4) Perry County

5) Humboldt

6) McEwen

6) Lake Co.

7) Wayne Co.

8) Union City, or a team from the Chattanooga (CSAS, Grace, Temple???)

9) Summertown, or a team from the Chattanooga (CSAS, Grace, Temple???)

10) Grace Christian

Edited by mtownballer

I'll go with...

1) Clarksville Academy

2) Memphis Westwood

3) City University

4) Perry County

5) Humboldt

6) McEwen

6) Lake Co.

7) Wayne Co.

10) Grace Christian

you can go ahead and scratch temple off of the list I think they have 54 students in the whole school and I seriously doubt they have any solid contributers returning

you can go ahead and scratch temple off of the list I think they have 54 students in the whole school and I seriously doubt they have any solid contributers returning

Agreed! and hopefully 2010 all-state tourney performer Corey Nelson(Grace)will return to a high level of play following his football injury. Grace's success will depend alot on him.

I'll go with...

1) Clarksville Academy

2) Memphis Westwood

3) City University

4) Perry County

5) Humboldt

6) McEwen

6) Lake Co.

7) Wayne Co.

10) Grace Christian

McEwen...really? I'm curious to know what made you add them to your list?

McEwen...really? I'm curious to know what made you add them to your list?

Well... I do reside in McEwen... So obviously, my input is a little bias... But they have a decent resume...

But here is my thoughts...

McEwen lost three players from last year, probably %40 of their scoring and %30 of their rebounding...

They return a good amount of players the should be able to easily fill the gaps that they lost...

They should have the best back court in a district and region that includes Clarksville Academy...

They played CA within 10 points two or three times last year and CA brought home the gold ball

They should be a better team than they last year (last year they went to sectionals/sub state)

Logically, this year they should have a chance to make it back to sub state and play either Perry Co., Wayne Co, or Summer town to go to state...

Edited by mtownballer

CSAS (Chattanooga)has to be on this list! State tourney appearance in 2010 & returns all significant contributors. (I believe lost one to transfer & one to graduation). Good & experienced coaching staff. They've been there. Look for them to make some waves.

chattanooga does have a legit case dont know how strong adamsville or scottshill will be any input on that

I'll throw out my top 5. A top 10 for me is moreless a guess rather than what I know until the season begins.

1) Clarksville Academy - No one in Single A will be able to answer to Martin and Malcolm Smith. Clarksville Academy will repeat for the Single A state champs this year.

2) Memphis Westwood - Westwood is as athletic as everything. Their talent level to go with their athleticism has got to put them at the tops in Single A.

3) CSAS - CSAS was a very talented team this year that happen to run into Malcolm Smith in the semi's. CSAS was very young and should make another run towards the 'boro this year.

4) Grace Baptist - What's a state tournament without Grace, right? They may have lost Brandon Herman, but there is still some pretty good talent there as always.

5) Lake Co. - I know this team has been a flop over the past few years with the talent they've had. However, a new coach is in place and people around Lake Co. seem pretty confident with them going to the 'boro this year as do I.