give a ranking for the single A league

seniors

this may be one of the most uninformed post ever posted on CoachT. I really think the top 15 teams in Single A would beat the bottom 15 teams in AAA. There have also been plenty of instances when a Single A team has moved up to Double A and competed( see CSAS during the 1997-98 season)

Here in Waynesboro (A) we play Lawrenceburg (AAA) on a regular basis and compete very well with them in boys & girls basketball as well as baseball. Some years we are the better team & other years they are the better team.

The '92 CSAS team would have won the single A state had they not been bumped to AA that year where they won twenty games and beat AA and AAA teams. The '98 team has already been mentioned on here as a single A team that was bumped up to AA and instead of winning the single A state they were beat in the AA substate but competed well winning 20 games again that year. The 2005 team was AA and went to the substate again as one of the smallest AA teams in the state. Finally back in single A for a while CSAS has won been to two states in the last 4 years and four substates while beating bigger schools with good teams like Mc Minn Central,

Mc Callie, Ooltewah, and others. There are other single A teams across the state that have had similiar success as this. You don.t have to be a big school to be a good school.

The '92 CSAS team would have won the single A state had they not been bumped to AA that year where they won twenty games and beat AA and AAA teams. The '98 team has already been mentioned on here as a single A team that was bumped up to AA and instead of winning the single A state they were beat in the AA substate but competed well winning 20 games again that year. The 2005 team was AA and went to the substate again as one of the smallest AA teams in the state. Finally back in single A for a while CSAS has won been to two states in the last 4 years and four substates while beating bigger schools with good teams like Mc Minn Central,

Mc Callie, Ooltewah, and others. There are other single A teams across the state that have had similiar success as this. You don.t have to be a big school to be a good school.

I'm not so sure about that...Middleton and 7'0" Stevie Hamer would strongly disagree...

In the end that is why the classification exists, so that the competition is more fair and balanced with demographics of population and region. The real shame is how single A gets no attention from media and scouts etc. Even though there are great players and probably better games do to the focus on fundamentals and defense.

look at the Manassas teams from 07-08 and 08-09 should haave been back to back state champs but 07 -08 team blew like a 18 point half time lead against union city both those teams beat class AA and class AAA teams

Those teams were really good... The 07-08 Manassas team was loaded with talent... I think they only had two or three losses all year inside Memphis (only lost to Class AAA champ Ridgeway by like 5 that year...) and then UC went undefeated and beat Manassas in the finals...

I agree Hampton should be the truth this year. Will also be in the Arby's Classic for the 1st time in years! If they gel as the football team has, they should be tough... tell me about the 6'11 kid...can't believe it but I haven't heard about him

im pretty sure theres def no truth to that rumor, i talked 2 a friend from Hampton who cheers and she said she hadnt heard of it and im pretty sure someone 6'11 aint been walking through the halls un-noticed since august

im pretty sure theres def no truth to that rumor, i talked 2 a friend from Hampton who cheers and she said she hadnt heard of it and im pretty sure someone 6'11 aint been walking through the halls un-noticed since august

Yep 'baller, think it was a hoax! (figured it was so seeing my boy didnt know of one!) Oh well, if the biggs we have step up, we will be just fine :thumb: