Banning PRAYER at a football game!

Bleedingblue

School officals are considering(or already have decided) to ban prayer before the football games in Hamilton County. This is crazy! There is always a prayer before sporting events. That's just the way sports go. I understand the freedom of speech and all but what about the freedom of speech for those who do want to pray? I am glad so many people are lashing out about this and I PRAY THAT THIS IS NOT BANNED! Thoughts?

School officals are considering(or already have decided) to ban prayer before the football games in Hamilton County. This is crazy! There is always a prayer before sporting events. That's just the way sports go. I understand the freedom of speech and all but what about the freedom of speech for those who do want to pray? I am glad so many people are lashing out about this and I PRAY THAT THIS IS NOT BANNED! Thoughts?

This is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. I for one will continue to pray where and when I feel like it and I don't care who likes it. Those out there that don't want to pray or whatever that is your choice, but leave those alone that want to. It's like this you deny him and he will deny you.

This is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. I for one will continue to pray where and when I feel like it and I don't care who likes it. Those out there that don't want to pray or whatever that is your choice, but leave those alone that want to. It's like this you deny him and he will deny you.

Very very true! :thumb:

you can pray wherever you want to. They banned prayer over the loud speakers before the game. I remember in 1979 in Oak Ridge they tried to ban the football team from taking a knee and praying in a circle together as a team before the game. We did it anyway and it got great coverage from tv and newspapers. It was during a state championship run where we played and won all five games at home.

• Upvote 1

These are definitely trying times and not a time to turn on the ONE that can get us out of it. Unfortunately the school systems are being bullied by our state officials. They are being told they will not receive federal funds if they continue to press the issue.

Prayer has always started all our sporting events in Lincoln County until this year. Now we have a moment of silence. Sad but true.

Our players still pray after every practice and after every game.

Glad to see other parents outraged at these sad times.

Keep praying and God Bless.

Edited by naildriver247

These are definitely trying times and not a time to turn on the ONE that can get us out of it. Unfortunately the school systems are being bullied by our state officials. They are being told they will not receive federal funds if they continue to press the issue.

Prayer has always started all our sporting events in Lincoln County until this year. Now we have a moment of silence. Sad but true.

Our players still pray after every practice and after every game.

Glad to see other parents outraged at these sad times.

Keep praying and God Bless.

Coffee County has been without prayer for so long I'm pleasantly surprised when we travel to a school that still prays.

Coffee County has been without prayer for so long I'm pleasantly surprised when we travel to a school that still prays.

this is not only a reflection on state officials, but sadly on this nation as a whole.. this nation has backed away from what has made it a great nation and a light to all other nations around the world... sad to see the backbone of this country shattered..

Wow I did not know this was such a widely spread trend. I am very sad about this situation. I can only imagine how God feels about it. :(

If we truly wanted prayer back in school or at sporting events then it is time to take a stand for it. Because of a few we have been told we can't. It is time to take a stand and let the government know how you feel. I believe prayer in schools was stopped by one woman. We have to stop letting a few rule the majority. It is just like the old saying goes, "The squeaking wheel gets the oil!" We have to start complaining about things not going as we want them to. We have to let people know that there are more of us that want prayer than those that don't. Until then those that complain the loudest will get what they want.

I totally agree.

Wow I did not know this was such a widely spread trend. I am very sad about this situation. I can only imagine how God feels about it. :(

This is a sad situation. Kind of tells the direction this great nation is headed. What is even worse is all these elected people we had faith in on election days do not have the backbone to stand up to this. As stated earlier DENY AND YOU WILL BE DENIED!! God bless all those who are standing up for this.

They cannot ban prayer. They just want to silence it. No one will ever stop me from praying. The most effective prayers are not the ones that are heard. The most effective prayers are the ones prayed in your heart when you are alone. Many feel the need to impress when others hear there prayer. Prayer is communication between oneself and his Heavenly Father. The prayer itself isn't what offends. It's the name that is prayed in. A belief in God really bothers noone. It's in Jesus name that offends. If what I believe in were not true then why would there be so much hate and bitterness towards it? The world can try to silence us, but we need to let our actions speak louder than words. If you don't want to pray then don't, your choice. If you want to pray then pray. God know the true intentions of mans heart anyway. If I die and am wrong about what I believe then what have I lost? If you choose not to believe and die and realize you are wrong what have you lost? ETERNITY is a long time. Football is a game, this is real.