Can Pirates rebound and make run at another Gold ball?

TrainTracks99

Old Pirate ain't sure it is opinion......? Purt near sure it is fact....Let me ask you a question....would last years team got mercy ruled FryDay nite....? I've asked the question before.... what current players would have taken starting positions if the 09 players were still able to play? Recon you and others have stated your OPINIONS......for LONGER........than a MONTH. OP don't mean to be negative cause the Pirates are young and many will be back after this year. Just think folkes ain't giving enough credit to the 09 team when they state this team is better, jest ain't so. The answer to the THREAD QUESTION is......... unquestionably YES

If last years team played this years Polk team...could have... maybe even in the 3rd quarter. And you or anybody else just don't know either because this years team didn't get down 28-0 at the half, this years Polk team ain't the same Polk team that played in 09 so it may have been worse and we were playing at Polk. Comparisons are gonna happen but different kids...different season. how about we see what this team does the rest of the year before we make that call. Not sure one team is better than the other overall but let them finish the season before we start that...the real goal is still there!

Edited by zonepirate

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah there Pirate Mikey I'm not blaming Travis whatsoever for Polk!!! He didn't have his best game but wasn't put in the best situation neither...He has played lights out all year for us but let's be honest the spread offense is made and created for guys like Terrell.... Look at any successful spread offense.... Guys that run it are special and duel threats... Do I think Travis would excel as a wingT QB more so ??? Well that's debatable.... He has played above and beyond what most thought he would... Don't put words in my mouth... Don't think for one second just because I dont join camp coachT on Friday nights and come to everygame I won't walk right up to u and give u the confrontation u seem to b itching to get!

You took my post entirely the wrong way... Our season hinges on our QB... Now that I've read that bunch of mess as Roy would say I gotta get ready for work.... Lol afterall we can't all play XBOX for a living ;)

Travis took the blame for the loss on his shoulders... he is really maturing. This may not have been the worse thing that could happen to him and this team this team right now. A little reality check before playoffs start. And you are right... a successful season depends greatly on the play of the QB. Drew had a rough weekend too!! LOL

Travis took the blame for the loss on his shoulders... he is really maturing. This may not have been the worse thing that could happen to him and this team this team right now. A little reality check before playoffs start. And you are right... a successful season depends greatly on the play of the QB. Drew had a rough weekend too!! LOL

ZonePirate you are wrong, it was not our passers fault that we lost that game Friday. I hope our passer is ok after that hit he took. Those Polk boys were knocking holes in our line all night long and that is why we lost. You think im joking but im not.

Hang in there Zonepirate,enjoy the ride. Good luck to Travis.

The QB didn't get near enough help from his receivers, and that will get you killed out of the spread.

TT99, I would like to see a variety of offense other than the spread... but with our small size, the spread gives our speed a chance against most schools. The only school it didn't seem to work great against was polk county, but if you seen R. Hale's stats he still ran for over a hundred yards. If you went to the PC game you would have seen that the spread (3 WR's) took 5 PC guys out of the play.

We tried to give our smaller guys a fighting chance in the

numbers game, but PC was just that dang good. If we ran the wing T, I guarantee that PC would have put 8 people in the box instead of 6. Either way, we end up with the same result. Passing gives us a chance against the bigger schools. Mr. Starkey is hopefully teaching our WR's hot routes, or how to get open, instead of just running 5 yds and out, etc... know what i mean? In 2007 we had R. Robinson who was a man among boys IMO. One of the best at SP. It wouldn't have matter if we had this years oline or 2007 oline, or 99 oline... he was gonna get his... every play.

Are u kidding?!? We have ALWAYS been small 93,94,95,98,99,03 and 07,08we didn't have anymore size then as we do now excluding Charles Beene and Kevin Denny and one if not both didnt even start...We ran Power I and those little fast lineman went and blocked with 150-160 halfbacks and fullbacks against 8 man fronts game in and game out...Ur telling me the some of the teams u played against and I played against didn't have what Polk had...Sorry I'm not buying it...That's what we have ALWAYS been known for...I like the spread some don't get me wrong but it's foolish to think we don't have personnel to run WingT or even some Power I... I'm not going to start bashing the spread cause it's worked for the most part but against teams that slow our run game down and pressure us it then makes us ask Millard to scramble and make something happen with his feet like Terrell had to do against the better teams last year which isn't this years QB best strength....Don't kid urself either Robinson was very good but his surrounding cast of Jones,Bibbs,Mitchell and Weatherspoon was NASTY and no team could just pile up the middle to just stop him...He was a great cog in our well oiled Train in 07 but it's not like he was Eddie Moore or even Kevin Mitchell for that matter

That's cool u have your own opinion and I respect that but I disagree 110%

I understand the game evolves but some things NEVER change

Edited by TrainTracks99

Old Pirate ain't sure it is opinion......? Purt near sure it is fact....Let me ask you a question....would last years team got mercy ruled FryDay nite....? I've asked the question before.... what current players would have taken starting positions if the 09 players were still able to play? Recon you and others have stated your OPINIONS......for LONGER........than a MONTH. OP don't mean to be negative cause the Pirates are young and many will be back after this year. Just think folkes ain't giving enough credit to the 09 team when they state this team is better, jest ain't so. The answer to the THREAD QUESTION is......... unquestionably YES

2 ,25 would both start 43 played last year and was a co starter before getting hurt reynolds is MUCH improved from this year to last and so is every other lineman across the front...We lost a great talent in Fennell but we didn't use him much and 2 has more than equaled 21 play making ability from last year...PC is the exact kind of team that u need to have a Dual Threat QB to move the chains with his feet when there isn't anything around...He did that over and over last year...We don't have that now nor will we probably ever again have a talent like him...We are improved in alot of areas from last year to this year but some we aren't and some are equal...Lol u saying fact is silly...This isn't who wants to be a millionaire OP or the price is right so it's purely Ur opinion ...We can have this debate after the season and see if ur stance changes any...

2 ,25 would both start 43 played last year and was a co starter before getting hurt reynolds is MUCH improved from this year to last and so is every other lineman across the front...We lost a great talent in Fennell but we didn't use him much and 2 has more than equaled 21 play making ability from last year...PC is the exact kind of team that u need to have a Dual Threat QB to move the chains with his feet when there isn't anything around...He did that over and over last year...We don't have that now nor will we probably ever again have a talent like him...We are improved in alot of areas from last year to this year but some we aren't and some are equal...Lol u saying fact is silly...This isn't who wants to be a millionaire OP or the price is right so it's purely Ur opinion ...We can have this debate after the season and see if ur stance changes any...

Old Pirate says them Jasper folkes left behind too many Rose Colored glasses or else some folkes have found a bargain on them. OP figures some of you skillet heads is a thinking the 09 team was better than the 08 team. Jest because a team wins a state championship, runner up or goes further in the playoffs don't mean they were better than the previous team. Folkes don't see another UC team in the west so east folkes is choosing SP or GV. OP don't have any doubt the 08 team would have beaten UC.

OP wonders.....if Travis had Malcom and Fennell would he have been more successful FryDay nite.......? OP wonders if T.Rob was playing QB this year he would have been as successful without those two big threats? You skillet heads knows the answer figure we jest some folkes keep watching these games thru them (SPRCG) Special Presciption Rose Colored Glasses.

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Old Pirate says them Jasper folkes left behind too many Rose Colored glasses or else some folkes have found a bargain on them. OP figures some of you skillet heads is a thinking the 09 team was better than the 08 team. Jest because a team wins a state championship, runner up or goes further in the playoffs don't mean they were better than the previous team. Folkes don't see another UC team in the west so east folkes is choosing SP or GV. OP don't have any doubt the 08 team would have beaten UC.

OP wonders.....if Travis had Malcom and Fennell would he have been more successful FryDay nite.......? OP wonders if T.Rob was playing QB this year he would have been as successful without those two big threats? You skillet heads knows the answer figure we jest some folkes keep watching these games thru them (SPRCG) Special Presciption Rose Colored Glasses.

Ok let me slow down a bit old timer...How about I ask u this...What games did Fennel help us win on offense? Exactly and Littleman has already made a much bigger impact than Malcom this year on offense...I'm not taking away from last years team..It was good but u can't argue that Fennel was a big piece of the offense because he wasn't...Malcom was good but dropped ALOT of bigtime balls and didn't have the year he had as a JR...That is fact...I can't argue with anything about Terrell and won't try...Obviously ur trying to convince others on ur beliefs...Well Good Luck coming up with defending what I just said because the proof is there...Johnson has over 500 yards of all purpose yards before the playoffs..Jones didn't have that after the playoffs...We could compare other stats all day...Bottom line is we had a Michael Vick last year excluding the dog killing and he made us VERY dangerous once passing broke down...Your argument stops there...

Oh and as far as saying there isn't a UC on the West this year...Please OP u and everybody else last year didn't see them as big threat...Most didn't favor them over JB so that's a silly statement...Have u seen anyone in the West? Exactly....Let the season play out then make ur skillet whacked commments comparing this years to last years continue...Odds are u will have a little more to compare and go by....Right now u just sound like a grouchy old man that doesn't get enough loving from ur old lady

UncleDave thinks this team can only accomplish what they want to down the stretch. If we continue to turn the ball over in the playoffs, a good team will make us pay...and it is a fact that bigger, more physical teams are the achilles heel for the current edition of the Pirates. Both Union City and Polk County were two well coached teams. They did not have the speed of the Pirates but they played great fundamental, assignment football. Gordonsville seems to be the team that could take the Pirates down. Don't count out Copper Basin since they have a bunch of seniors...those type teams don't go down without a fight. To sum it up, UncleDave thinks the team can make a run in the playoffs, but they need to remain focused week to week.

I am going to make a comparison and I know this is two different teams...Didn't Jasper get hammered by some team in Alabama their last game of the year in 1990 before they went on to the state title that year?? That game last Friday could help SP out due to tough competition..Just saying...Just a thought