CAK & Alcouh

STARSNBARS

I've already thrown in my "Wow" about the game, but I was inspired by something more than the game itself. I noticed the mutual respect between the players from both teams after the game. Not only the customary hand shake, but some one on one conversations between players that had been trying to beat each other up all night. My son was on the wrong end of some of those devestating bulldozer style runs by #1. He said he was a "beast", much more so than any other time he has played against him. And, then he added, he didn't talk smack and even complimented my son on some of his tackles. Its an emotional game, and nothing wrong with guys bantering around a bit, within reason of course, but it says a lot about #1. I'm patiently waiting for the day when we beat Alcoa, but not because I have any hate for them, but rather because we will know we have accomplished something special. Good luck to the Tornadoes, though they don't need it, and hopefully we will see you again if we can string together a few playoff wins. Right now we've got to go string together our boys bodies & spirits, they left it all on the field last night. :thumb: Lots of ice, ibiprofen, and some of mommas chicken & dumplins :D

great game last night, very fun to watch as a football fan. hopefully we will see this match-up again in 3 to 4 weeks.

having said that. The cutting blocks that has already been mentioned on here goes a little something like this. in HIGH SCHOOL football lineman can cut in the 4 yd "box" from their initial stance. meaning they cannot take a couple steps then cut. A RB is no different they cannot take a running start for 3 yards and cut a defensive guy. persoanlly I think it is dirty football and really sad that a 220+ FB has to resort to cutting a 200lb def end or 175lb LB...just go block the freaking guy!!!

:roflol::roflol::roflol::rolleyes:

I know this thread is just about dead because we are all anxiously awaiting news about the playoffs, brackets, quads, etc..... but one observation. This thread had over 10,000 views in less than 1 week. Not bad for a couple of schools with a combined enrollment of around 1000 students :thumb:

This thread was a blast. I always enjoy a group that can sling it back at APB, and I :thumb: Great entertainment for the Coacht viewers that understand the humor. It really adds another element to the game and additional anticipation of the matchup on the field. Good luck CAK, but like said about Alcoa earlier..........CAK will not need luck. :flower:

This thread was a blast. I always enjoy a group that can sling it back at APB, and I :thumb: Great entertainment for the Coacht viewers that understand the humor. It really adds another element to the game and additional anticipation of the matchup on the field. Good luck CAK, but like said about Alcoa earlier..........CAK will not need luck. :flower:

:wub: Hope to see ya in 3 weeks :thumb:

P.S: if you get too many schools answering your request for a 2011 game please send them in our direction, still need 2 and its not looking very promising right now. maybe Etown will meet enough resistance from their NET friends to rethink their position on our series, that would help.

Will Alcoa have to travel this year in the playoff's? If so which games will that be? My personal belief is that all number one seeds should have home field advantage all the way through the playoffs.That is one of the things you work for all season IMO.

Alcoa will be at home throughout the playoffs.

8-)

:wub: Hope to see ya in 3 weeks :thumb:

P.S: if you get too many schools answering your request for a 2011 game please send them in our direction, still need 2 and its not looking very promising right now. maybe Etown will meet enough resistance from their NET friends to rethink their position on our series, that would help.

Call McCallie or Baylor since you have all those transfers coming in 2011. Heard on Sportstalk that you guys were getting several that would help you close the gap with Alcoa.

• 2 weeks later...