Boyd Buc vs Copper Basin

reaction

So, why does double A schools play single A schools in the Districts here in TN during regular season and then they only play their division in playoffs?

Just to clarify, currently, A districts are composed of 1a and 2a teams, AA 3a and 4a teams and AAA 5a and 6a. Boyd is 2a NOT AA.

:?:And about all your comments about a middle school schedule for Basin: I will tend to strongly disagree. Basin has a very competive schedule for their school and their area. When they played Andrews, they were ranked 4th in their state with an awesome running back related to Carl Pickens, but they put on a fantastic game and held him to only around 50 yards and pulled off a victory. I would challenge any Chattanooga team to travel to NC and play some of those teams whom are also "Mountain folk". /quote]

Andrews was 4-5 entering games this week, and ranked almost exactly in the middle of the pack among North Carolina's Class A teams. Not a powerhouse at least not this year.

Edited by Indian

I would like to apologize to anyone that didn't get a chance to stop by the cricket pavilion last night to receive your autograph and photograph from a legend like myself. I had several young lads that made their way out of the skate park as well. As for this game, I was expecting alot more out of the young lads from Copper Basin. This was my first time to grace you Copper Basin people with my presence since you played Marion many years ago. The young lads at Boyd got a much needed win. Congratulations to both clubs for providing a festive atmosphere.

who achieveed legend status in this game?

If your at the game tonight I'd like to have that autograph!!!!

A legend like myself doesn't come out to games like that one. I will be gracing you again with my presence at a S.P. playoff game at some point. Next week I will be going to support one of our valley teams. A legend like myself always makes it a more festive atmosphere.

50??? Basin has 316 students and Boyd 963, that is as long as the internet is correct for both schools. I further found out today that the TN Districts were re-arranged a few years ago when the economy crashed and buses were having trouble financially with the costs of gas. Maybe it is time, that it gets re-arranged again so that there is no Middle School, muffin and nobody talk about any of these teams and then fair will be fair across the board. I get tired of all the negative on this message board, that is the only reason I joined is to try and keep facts straight with no bully talk. Keep it clean and fair and this board will be useful instead of a disgrace to the game of football.

Just a recommendation... I would suggest you get a thicker skin if you are gonna be on here. Just ignore the dumb stuff, read the good stuff and the mods will take care of the stuff that's over the line.

Most of the negative was on CB's schedule, not specifics on players or the team. It's almost certain they won't play Polk but middle of the pack teams in that area like Meigs or Sweetwater wouldn't be unreasonable.

I agree completely. They need to pick up a few teams from below the mountains. heck even Tellico would be a good start!!! Right out HWY. 68!!!

Harriman beat Tellico 34-0 in a REAL game this year. I smell an upset in rd 1. That muffin schedule gonna catchup to CB. :roflol:

i attended this pre season scrimmage to see if all the hype was real about the cougars. first play from scrimmage was a 54 yd td run. after jumping up 14-0 the starters set on the offensive side of the ball. and the 2's come in. and they put up 21. the cougars are still good even after this loss to boyd. 5 turnovers plagued them. you cant say the defense wasnt stout they played on their side of the 50 and only gave up 20 points to a very much bigger football team.