MountainTroll

Potential 2A Quads  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which Map Makes The Most Sense?

• NashVegas Map
    • The MountainTroll's 2A Playoff Map #2
    • Somethin' Else
    • Smeagle's Map (see post #6)
    • All the MountainTroll's Posts is GARBAGE!
  2. 2. Do Them NashVegas Fellers Care 'Bout What Is Most Fair?

• Yes
    • No
    • That's a stupid question.
    • There's no such thing as "most fair".

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so here are the possibilities for the play-offs. In QUAD #1 only.

Disclaimer*** I am not the voice of the T$$AA. I believe I am correct, but there's always a chance that the T$$AA will come in here and screw up their own system. Thats what they do.

1 and 2 seeds recieve a 1st round bye.

#1 IF Hampton wins this week, they are the number 1 seed, regardless. IF Hampton loses AND Wartburg wins, Wartburg will be 1 and Hampton will be 2.

#2 IF Wartburg AND Hampton win, Wartburg is 2. If Wartburg and Rockwood win, Wartburg is 2. IF Wartburg loses and Rockwood wins, Rockwood is 2 and Wartburg is 3.

#3 IF Wartburg wins, Rockwood is 3 regardless. EVEN if Rockwood loses, they can will be seeded no lower than 3.

Ok, here is where it gets tricky. Very tricky...

IF Unaka wins, they will be 4, UNLESS Boyd wins AND either Chatt. Christian wins OR Marion County wins. If that is the case, Boyd will be 4 and Unaka 5. If this is the case, OS will be 6, regardless.

IF Unaka loses, Boyd wins, And OS wins, it will be 4 Boyd, 5 OS, and Unaka 6.

IF Unaka loses, Boyd loses, and OS wins, it will be 4 OS, 5 Unaka, and 6 Boyd.

If Unaka loses, Boyd wins, and OS loses, it will be 4 Boyd, 5 Unaka, and 6 OS.

IF Unaka, Boyd, and OS all lose, Unaka will be 4, OS 5, and Boyd 6, UNLESS either Chatt. Christian OR Marion County win, in which case it will be Unaka 4, Boyd 5, OS 6. OR if BOTH Chatt. Christian AND Marion County win, it will be Boyd 4, Unaka 5, and OS 6.

I think this covers every possible scenerio.. If not, ask, and I'll see if I can figure it out for you.

Edited by crazzyness

Okay, so here are the possibilities for the play-offs. In QUAD #1 only.

Disclaimer*** I am not the voice of the T$$AA. I believe I am correct, but there's always a chance that the T$$AA will come in here and screw up their own system. Thats what they do.

1 and 2 seeds recieve a 1st round bye.

#1 IF Hampton wins this week, they are the number 1 seed, regardless. IF Hampton loses AND Wartburg wins, Wartburg will be 1 and Hampton will be 2.

#2 IF Wartburg AND Hampton win, Wartburg is 2. If Wartburg and Rockwood win, Wartburg is 2. IF Wartburg loses and Rockwood wins, Rockwood is 2 and Wartburg is 3.

#3 IF Wartburg wins, Rockwood is 3 regardless. EVEN if Rockwood loses, they can will be seeded no lower than 3.

Ok, here is where it gets tricky. Very tricky...

IF Unaka wins, they will be 4, UNLESS Boyd wins AND either Chatt. Christian wins OR Marion County wins. If that is the case, Boyd will be 4 and Unaka 5. If this is the case, OS will be 6, regardless.

IF Unaka loses, Boyd wins, And OS wins, it will be 4 Boyd, 5 OS, and Unaka 6.

IF Unaka loses, Boyd loses, and OS wins, it will be 4 OS, 5 Unaka, and 6 Boyd.

If Unaka loses, Boyd wins, and OS loses, it will be 4 Boyd, 5 Unaka, and 6 OS.

I think this covers every possible scenerio.. If not, ask, and I'll see if I can figure it out for you.

Thats alot of work ,but it looks like you have it down pretty well. Hope you guys do well regardless.

Indian, I don’t think you see a lot of complaining coming out of SM. I think you see a lot of complaining coming from across the state (except Quad 4 west TN). This Quad system is a flat arse joke! The TSSAA has every opportunity to even out the teams based on rankings without creating a large amount of extra travel. However, they clearly have their agenda and it isn’t fairness. To prove the point lets look at just Quad 4.

Quad 4, the highest ranked team is 12th out of 24 teams. They could easily move McKenzie into this Quad and move say Trinity Christian into Quad 3. By the way, Quad 3 has the 3rd and 4th ranked teams and two additional teams ranked higher than the highest team currently in Quad 4. Now that’s just plain sad!!!! Makes you wonder if the guys doing this are from West TN.

No need to discuss Quad 2 but it also has 4 teams higher than the highest Quad 4 team, plus the number 1 and 2 teams. All seems fair right.

Also look at 3A’s Quad 1 and tell me how that’s fair? They could easily move Alcoa or CAK into that Quad to add better balance.

Finally they could do much better without increasing the furthest distance by much. Heck I spent 30 minutes and came up with something far more even and only increased the maximum distance by 56 miles. It can be done but they have to want to do it. Yes it might mean 30 miles extra for a team but it will mean better parity in all Quads.

In a perfect world you would take the top 4 teams put one in each quad and fill in the rest. They should try to get as close to the perfect world scenario as possible within reason, wouldn’t you agree?

Just so you know, Humboldt had a BYE last week and was ranked 8th before the BYE and will probably be 7 or 8 again after this week. It appears that the quads are all going to end up with two district winners, two runner-ups and two wild cards. You want to read a lot into the wildcard ratings, but the truth is you get no credit for playing tougher competition. Humboldt lost to Henry County, Milan and McKenzie (the last one by 3 points with a TD called back). They won their district with an undefeateed record. I agree that Westwood as a district winner and an automatic bid is questionable since they only have three teams in their district. It is what it is. Champions play the tough competition and win. The state champs will most likely come out of Quad 2 or Quad 3. That is what everyone on the boards are saying. So why are you all crying?

Just so you know, Humboldt had a BYE last week and was ranked 8th before the BYE and will probably be 7 or 8 again after this week. It appears that the quads are all going to end up with two district winners, two runner-ups and two wild cards. You want to read a lot into the wildcard ratings, but the truth is you get no credit for playing tougher competition. Humboldt lost to Henry County, Milan and McKenzie (the last one by 3 points with a TD called back). They won their district with an undefeateed record. I agree that Westwood as a district winner and an automatic bid is questionable since they only have three teams in their district. It is what it is. Champions play the tough competition and win. The state champs will most likely come out of Quad 2 or Quad 3. That is what everyone on the boards are saying. So why are you all crying?

Well said, I've been reading these threads for awhile and see that the posters have it all planned out. Even Mckenzie is on the band wagon of Humboldt not being a good team. What they never mentioned was their game saving illegal desperation tackle, and that our QB crossed the goal line the very next play. The ball was on the inch line, he jumps into the endzone and their defense pushes him back out of the endzone. It's all ok, keep taking "The Boldt" lightly. Everyone on here is so upset about the Quads, if yall are so dang tuff what difference does it make who you play first. There will be only one champion.

Well said, I've been reading these threads for awhile and see that the posters have it all planned out. Even Mckenzie is on the band wagon of Humboldt not being a good team. What they never mentioned was their game saving illegal desperation tackle, and that our QB crossed the goal line the very next play. The ball was on the inch line, he jumps into the endzone and their defense pushes him back out of the endzone. It's all ok, keep taking "The Boldt" lightly. Everyone on here is so upset about the Quads, if yall are so dang tuff what difference does it make who you play first. There will be only one champion.

I never said Humboldt was a bad team I’m saying your Quad is currently a joke. Look top to bottom and compare to the other Quads I think you will see what a joke it is. It is possible to make all the Quads a little more even especially Quad 4. Half the teams in your Quad are ranked below 20 while Quad 3 which boarders you doesn’t have a team below 14th. Again how can anyone objective consider this to be fair? Shift 2 teams and these Quads even out a little more.

And YES there is a way to shift some teams to balance the Quads from top to bottom.

Three of the six in quad 2 are district winners.

Folks...this is nothing new here at this level. If you go back and look, there are several occassions where the "state championship" game was played in the quarter or semi final rounds. Not saying that will be the case this year. But historically...the west has had nothing to offer. Sorry if that offends, but the truth is the truth. The numbers don't lie. You can also look at some of the lop sided state games for further evidence. I can think of several years that the loser of the quarter and semi's would have probably beat the representative from the west. The cream usually rises to the top. No matter how tough it is to get there. :thumb:

What really sucks for McK...they had a team to win it all last year, but the T$$AA decided to send us west for the first time. They had to come to our place...well you know how that story ends. One could argue that the state game was played the week before we got to Cookeville. Rarely do the best two end up on the field together in week 15.

Edited by SEVEN