Milan vs Alcoa III ?

HUSKER

Are we going to have the same championship game this year? If we do will it be any different? Camden and Goodpasture will try to have something to do about it, but will probably fall short. The Wing T is getting stopped against a Alcoa or Milan defense easily. I think it will be Alcoa over Milan again.

Ok without making people mad all I can say is the state champs will be Alcoa again unless someone brings there absolute A game with no mistakes and Alcoa has an off night.Now in saying that I mean no disrespect to any teams out there. But reality is that Alcoa is a different beast.BTW I grew up in Milan so I have no bias to Alcoa Im just stating facts. I will say regardless who wins state I believe 3A has some of the best teams in state that could compete in other divisions and win. Just to name a few CAK,Milan,Camden,Goodpasture Ect. Thats what I love about H.S. Football is these kids play for the love of the game not money. So good luck to all teams,play safe and show the rest of the state what 3A is all about.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok without making people mad all I can say is the state champs will be Alcoa again unless someone brings there absolute A game with no mistakes and Alcoa has an off night.Now in saying that I mean no disrespect to any teams out there. But reality is that Alcoa is a different beast.BTW I grew up in Milan so I have no bias to Alcoa Im just stating facts. I will say regardless who wins state I believe 3A has some of the best teams in state that could compete in other divisions and win. Just to name a few CAK,Milan,Camden,Goodpasture Ect. Thats what I love about H.S. Football is these kids play for the love of the game not money. So good luck to all teams,play safe and show the rest of the state what 3A is all about.

Agreed! However, I would add a tough Loudon team to the list. :thumb:

I'm a Milan boy as well...just moved to Maryville this summer. I was at the Milan/Alcoa championship game the last 2 years and I must say that Alcoa looks even tougher this year...having seen them play Maryville in week 1. Not sure this will be Milan's year (you never know!), but I am hoping the next couple of years shape up well for the Dawgs, as Milan is very young (replaced all 11 starters on offense - right?) and Alcoa loses several senior starters this year. I'm sure Alcoa will re-load as usual, but they do seem to be losing a lot of size/strength and leadership. I think Alcoa could beat just about anybody in the state this year, regardless of class. However, I still bleed purple... GO DAWGS!!!

I'm a Milan boy as well...just moved to Maryville this summer. I was at the Milan/Alcoa championship game the last 2 years and I must say that Alcoa looks even tougher this year...having seen them play Maryville in week 1. Not sure this will be Milan's year (you never know!), but I am hoping the next couple of years shape up well for the Dawgs, as Milan is very young (replaced all 11 starters on offense - right?) and Alcoa loses several senior starters this year. I'm sure Alcoa will re-load as usual, but they do seem to be losing a lot of size/strength and leadership. I think Alcoa could beat just about anybody in the state this year, regardless of class. However, I still bleed purple... GO DAWGS!!!

:thumb: Good to see you on here. Hear things are going well for you guys!

2004 Milan 21 HC 14......2003 Milan 35 HC 6.....2002 Milan 21 HC 0

2001 Milan 21 NC 18......2000 Milan 35 HC 13....1999 Milan 35 HC 13

The above scores are in real BALL GAMES not Scrimmages!!!

Milan would have beat the cleats off Henry Co. the last 2 years!!!

Matt8777...stop jumping in on topics you have no clue on!!!!!

Sorry to be tardy to the party, but I couldn't resist this little gem.

:roflol: at this entire post. You post scores from the era in which Henry County was arguably in the worst shape it's ever been in, and then actually say you think you'd "beat the cleats" off HC the last two years? I'd absolutely love to see a Milan-Henry County series now that both programs are actually "up". But as QBClubPrez said, that will not happen...at least not for awhile. Oh and not that it really matters, but Milan would've been lucky to come within 3 scores of Henry County's '08 team.

Camden Bottoms looks like your are a HATER and always want to think the same person has 20 accounts and says different stuff. I know your coach Ward and his whole family and he will say the same thing. Milan will stop whatever they bring a will not run up the score they will have class and keep it between tackles when they are up by 21. Then all the mad fans can find Milan people to try and fight because they wasnt "Supposed" to win and they will go to that new jail and work for free on work duty. Thats what is sad about poor sportsmanship and people talking crap all day. There was alot of football but you only have 3 more games JACK!

just like you guys stopped Westview right? Camden is better than they have been in years. Camden has 5 or 6 topped ranked players on the state. Camden beats milan 3rd round but not easy or by my much. It has always been a close game with Camden and milan and that won't be any different. Just know that Camden will most likely play goodpaster in the simi's, but still a lot of football to be played.

just like you guys stopped Westview right? Camden is better than they have been in years. Camden has 5 or 6 topped ranked players on the state. Camden beats milan 3rd round but not easy or by my much. It has always been a close game with Camden and milan and that won't be any different. Just know that Camden will most likely play goodpaster in the simi's, but still a lot of football to be played.

5 or 6 tops in the state? Names or Numbers please........and BTW it's Goodpasture.

5 or 6 tops in the state? Names or Numbers please........and BTW it's Goodpasture.

This thread is ridiculous. Lots of games left to be played. Camden has some good ballplayers, but let's all be honest here, the west is up for grabs. I love my Lions but we gotta go play the games, just like Milan, Westview and everyone else.

Go Lions!