Milan vs Alcoa III ?

HUSKER

I think Milan vs Goodpasture in the Semi's will probably happen with Alcoa beating either team

to win yet again.

Camden hasn't beaten Milan for 27 years and this year will be no different. You can run the

Wing-T, the T-Bone, or the Mr. T., Whatever, We've seen it all.

Camden's quarter final blues will continue!!!!!

this-looks-like-a-troll.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are talking about how Milan isn't as good offensively this year. They may not be. Milan's defense is just as good as years past and defense wins championships! The most amount of points they have given up this year is 15 points and that was in a 1 point loss to Westview. That's pretty impressive considering Milan is supposed to be in a "down" year. Milan's defensive line is very under-rated and I'd be willing to bet that they have one of the top 3 defensive lines in their respective classification. Also, this year is Coach Morris' most impressive year of coaching. The talent level isn't what it normally is, a Sophomore QB, young players starting in other positions.....for him to have coached this team to a 8-1 record thus far is impressive. I said before the season that I thought Milan would make it to the semifinals. Milan has had Camden's number over years past and you know it's a mental thing on Camden's part whether they admit it or not. The Milan Bulldogs bring fear into any team in West TN, I don't care the classification.

Milan's the only hump we haven't gotten over yet in West TN. So I imagine its more of a brooding than a fear. We got the Huntingdon, McKenzie and Westview curse out of the way. Due time to knock down those ol' Bulldogs and head on up the bracket.

Milan's the only hump we haven't gotten over yet in West TN. So I imagine its more of a brooding than a fear. We got the Huntingdon, McKenzie and Westview curse out of the way. Due time to knock down those ol' Bulldogs and head on up the bracket.

I wouldnt go to fast of putting Westview out of the situation. Seems as if Camden is looking to play Milan in the 3rd round as last year was. Watch out for the Chargers they may just have something up their sleeve. :roflol:

First of all this is ridiculous topic. Milan has 4 weeks of elimination football before worrying about Alcoa. Alcoa is the only team anyone should bank on making it to Cookeville. Camden could see a Westview team in the 2nd round. It wouldn't be a stretch for Westview to win that game. Having said that I expect both teams to be playing in Camden in 4 weeks.

I think Milan is more talented than some realize. I don't think it's accurate to say that Milan is "down" as far as talent goes They are however very young, which could keep the Dawgs from a 3rd straight trip to see Alcoa. I've thought all year long that Nance has been as good or better than Gilbert was. Not the power back that Jobronski was but a step or two quicker/faster with better vision. You obviously can't replace an Avery Williamson but Arkel Coleman will be another all state LB/FB for Milan. Caleb Powell will be one of the (if not the) best QBs to play at Milan. Kevius Finch as another one of those Daylan Walker/J.W. Williams types. But the young team hasn't really played young yet (there's been good SR leadership). Sophomores can be a little unpredictable. If we show up to Camden in a few weeks as a Milan fan you can only hope they continue to play as if they've been there before.

Its gonna be hard for Milan to make it back to the championship. They lost two of the best backs in west tn. Nance is good but he's no Jerbronski Gilbert, and whatever the fullbacks name is, is no Avery Williamson. Not to mention they played good defense to. And they have a sophmore QB.

Didn't that Sophmore QB throw 2 TD passes against Martin and also drove them down the field in less than 1 minute to go and them a chance to win with a 33 yd. field goal.

I'm not from Milan and i went to that game you take away 3 fumbles and the beat ya'll by 2 TD's ..

Milan will beat Westview if they play again and i hope they do. Camden and Milan game will be the game to watch in Quad 4 if it happens..

Camden has some serious talent but i heard they have some injuries that could hurt them in some key spots this could be there year..I love playoff time it will be some great games.

yes i am quite certain that whitehaven and ridgeway and henry county and norhtside and MUS andChristian brothers and germantown (and I am sure that I am leaving out a good program or several) fear the milan bulldogs, are you serious, that is ridiculous. Milan is a very good football program, one of the best inthe state but not one that puts fear into anyone in any classification.

yes i am quite certain that whitehaven and ridgeway and henry county and norhtside and MUS andChristian brothers and germantown (and I am sure that I am leaving out a good program or several) fear the milan bulldogs, are you serious, that is ridiculous. Milan is a very good football program, one of the best inthe state but not one that puts fear into anyone in any classification.

You guys are talking about how Milan isn't as good offensively this year. They may not be. Milan's defense is just as good as years past and defense wins championships! The most amount of points they have given up this year is 15 points and that was in a 1 point loss to Westview. That's pretty impressive considering Milan is supposed to be in a "down" year. Milan's defensive line is very under-rated and I'd be willing to bet that they have one of the top 3 defensive lines in their respective classification. Also, this year is Coach Morris' most impressive year of coaching. The talent level isn't what it normally is, a Sophomore QB, young players starting in other positions.....for him to have coached this team to a 8-1 record thus far is impressive. I said before the season that I thought Milan would make it to the semifinals. Milan has had Camden's number over years past and you know it's a mental thing on Camden's part whether they admit it or not. The Milan Bulldogs bring fear into any team in West TN, I don't care the classification.

Easy there my GCPioneer friend...I'll let you speak for "all of Gibson County" if you would like...but not "all of West TN" or least not the small sector that I live in. No one here "fears" Milan.

Edited by QBClubPrez

Easy there my GCPioneer friend...I'll let you speak for "all of Gibson County" if you would like...but not "all of West TN" or least not the small sector that I live in. No one here "fears" Milan.

I remember all those Milan teams that were so good in the past(probably better than this years) playing Henry County in scrimmages and getting spanked. They are an excellent 3A school. A very dominant one, but when you step into 5A and 6A and some 4A games, there is NO FEAR at all. They have just as many if not more atheletes as Milan.

Didn't that Sophmore QB throw 2 TD passes against Martin and also drove them down the field in less than 1 minute to go and them a chance to win with a 33 yd. field goal.

I'm not from Milan and i went to that game you take away 3 fumbles and the beat ya'll by 2 TD's ..

Milan will beat Westview if they play again and i hope they do. Camden and Milan game will be the game to watch in Quad 4 if it happens..

"you take away 3 fumbles and they beat ya'll by 2 td's." They dont take into account what the score might have been if we could take out the mistakes. They use the one on the scoreboard.

The level of play in West TN is not what is has been in the past. In the 90's and Early part of this decade 2A Milan played and beat (rather handily) 5A Henry County. Milan played and beat JCM and South Side in their heydays (though they each beat us as well). Truth is, outside of McKenzie in 1A and Milan in 3A no one from West TN has challenged for a gold ball recently - or really even come close. Milan has always been a program that played the top teams in West TN, just not many successful programs around here anymore. Milan is the smallest school in the district, however.