Milan vs Alcoa III ?

HUSKER

2004 Milan 21 HC 14......2003 Milan 35 HC 6.....2002 Milan 21 HC 0

2001 Milan 21 NC 18......2000 Milan 35 HC 13....1999 Milan 35 HC 13

The above scores are in real BALL GAMES not Scrimmages!!!

Milan would have beat the cleats off Henry Co. the last 2 years!!!

Matt8777...stop jumping in on topics you have no clue on!!!!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The level of play in West TN is not what is has been in the past. In the 90's and Early part of this decade 2A Milan played and beat (rather handily) 5A Henry County. Milan played and beat JCM and South Side in their heydays (though they each beat us as well). Truth is, outside of McKenzie in 1A and Milan in 3A no one from West TN has challenged for a gold ball recently - or really even come close. Milan has always been a program that played the top teams in West TN, just not many successful programs around here anymore. Milan is the smallest school in the district, however.

Union City won a gold ball last year.

2004 Milan 21 HC 14......2003 Milan 35 HC 6.....2002 Milan 21 HC 0

2001 Milan 21 NC 18......2000 Milan 35 HC 13....1999 Milan 35 HC 13

The above scores are in real BALL GAMES not Scrimmages!!!

Milan would have beat the cleats off Henry Co. the last 2 years!!!

Matt8777...stop jumping in on topics you have no clue on!!!!!

Swingjuice...we're all aware of the records...but apparently you weren't at the previous 3 scrimmages between these two teams in particular..the one last year at Barton Field...games, scrimmages, jamboree..whatever you want to discuss...HC would continue to "have its own cleats" following any of the above "contests" with Milan!....I will agree with you...in '99,'00,'01,'02,'03..HC was not very good and Milan was..well..the normal Milan...notice however..no game has been scheduled/nor will be scheduled for the foreseeable future given the close relationship of the two head coaches...BUT..both teams have a "standing date" with each other during the 1st week of every August from now on!

Back to the subject...never then did "anyone" ever "fear" the Bulldogs!

Edited by QBClubPrez

Union City won a gold ball last year.

Noted. Milan played and beat them for years. This year UC isn't very good. Milan is about the only team to be good year in and year out. How is Coach Morris supposed to know ahead of time which teams are going to be really good and which ones aren't, for him to schedule? Edited by bulldawgs#1

QBPerezHilton......too bad Henry Co. can't put those scrimmage wins on their record.

It' just as well we don't play in the regular season anymore. I'm sure they got just

as tired of getting beat my Milan as we did beating them. We replaced your spot in the schedule

with Gibson County. The scores are about the same but it's a closer drive.

QBPerezHilton......too bad Henry Co. can't put those scrimmage wins on their record.

It' just as well we don't play in the regular season anymore. I'm sure they got just

as tired of getting beat my Milan as we did beating them. We replaced your spot in the schedule

Yeah...figures as much..funny thing that Henry County High has around since the Fall of 1969...now over 40 years of Patriot Football yet Milan has only asked to play 9 times. I can promise you this...Henry County would schedule Milan each and every year from now on...however..as you well know...that's not going to happen! Even your former head coach has said...Milan often has been better at scheduling than on the field performance!

Again...what does any of that do with the fact that no one "fears" your beloved Bulldogs??

Edited by QBClubPrez

I would have loved to have seen the Milan team play the Henry County Patriots two years ago, last year, or even this year. Two years ago, you might have kept them under 40 when they had all those future SEC players. Acutally they did scrimmage that year, and like I said, the first team of Milan got spanked and the defense looked like Scotts Hill. But Milan did have a great team....for 3A. But to say that schools are scared of playing the bulldogs.....nope. Maybe if they were playing in Orange mound, but actually the games are pretty safe there too.

Edited by matt_8777

Maybe I shouldn't have said fear. Maybe, I should've just said "sidetracked" Milan for obvious reasons. QBClubPrez, you guys may not necessarily fear Milan, but your coaches sure would be worried when it comes Milan week, lol... admit it! It's the truth.

To the guy that was talking about MUS and Christian Bros....you are an exception. You guys can get players out of Mississippi or pure athletes from the hood. :roflol: There's an exception for those 2 teams.

I would have loved to have seen the Milan team play the Henry County Patriots two years ago, last year, or even this year. Two years ago, you might have kept them under 40 when they had all those future SEC players. Acutally they did scrimmage that year, and like I said, the first team of Milan got spanked and the defense looked like Scotts Hill. But Milan did have a great team....for 3A. But to say that schools are scared of playing the bulldogs.....nope. Maybe if they were playing in Orange mound, but actually the game are pretty safe there too.

Milan would have a better chance of winning a gold ball in 6A than in 3A, and certainly in 4A and 5A. I don't know if you saw the last two Alcoa/Milan games but very few teams play with Alcoa like we did. But I think playing Alcoa has made Milan that much better of a program.

"you take away 3 fumbles and they beat ya'll by 2 td's." They dont take into account what the score might have been if we could take out the mistakes. They use the one on the scoreboard.

agreed the only score that counts is the one on the scoreboard at the end of the night. Also milan was beating westview for most of the game... but westview made great adjustments to win the game, and played very well agianst a very good camden team and played them very close. but still lost because the score on the board was in favor of camden... all im saying is it can go alota ways this year over in west tn, alota ball left to be played.

Milan would have a better chance of winning a gold ball in 6A than in 3A, and certainly in 4A and 5A. I don't know if you saw the last two Alcoa/Milan games but very few teams play with Alcoa like we did. But I think playing Alcoa has made Milan that much better of a program.

Well, Maryville might have something to say about that. CAK played Alcoa pretty tough last night but in the end, another Alcoa win. You know it really doesn't matter how many times Milan has won in the past. Every year is a new year. Every team goes through cycles of up and down. Alcoa wasn't always dominant. Milan, the same. Will there be a Milan-Alcoa III......who knows? But the odds are not in their favor. Sure Alcoa is the odds on favorite to get there in East, but in the west, there are about 5 teams that could make it and people couldn't really say it was a big upset. I'm gonna say, NO round 3 this year.

Edited by matt_8777

Maybe I shouldn't have said fear. Maybe, I should've just said "sidetracked" Milan for obvious reasons. QBClubPrez, you guys may not necessarily fear Milan, but your coaches sure would be worried when it comes Milan week, lol... admit it! It's the truth.

To the guy that was talking about MUS and Christian Bros....you are an exception. You guys can get players out of Mississippi or pure athletes from the hood. :roflol: There's an exception for those 2 teams.

I'll give you that "my Pioneer friend"...HC coaches are worried about Rossview this week...and they are 2-7!!!