Top 5 Teams in State (all classes and private)

phishdad

Kazam37:

Dominating 3A and beating Maryville twice in tha last 2 years does not equate to being the king of high school football in Tennessee. Alcoa is good, we will give you credit for that ... but that's as far as it goes. Can Alcoa compete with every team in the state? Sure. But again ... it doesn't qualify them to be the king. Actually, there is no way to actually determine who would be the 'King' of all classifications.

Everybody will have their own reasons and draw their own 'logical' conclusions, but when it all boils down to it, there is 'NO WAY' to QUANTIFY who is the 'KING' of high school football in Tennessee. It's like the BCS ... everybody will be left to draw their own conclusions based upon their point of view.

But hey ... if YOU don't brag on them ... who will?

kwc...thats just good preachin!!!

There are mostly posters on here that think the top five should come from their neck of the woods. For example WilliamsonCounty's top five constitutes mainly Middle Tennessee schools. I used everyone across the state. You can debate all you want, until someone derails the Alcoa Train.....they are tops over everyone. Boys they keep getting the gold! Don't deny the King.

Kaz :thumb:

It's very hard for me to put Alcoa as #1 based on their lack of strength of schedule. Top 5 okay, #1 not so much.

KWC....I'm not actually "bragging" on Alcoa, heck...I've only seen them play a handful of games. And every one, they have been the best high school team in Tennessee repeatedly. Look at the State Championship games over the past several years.....they make a habit of winning that game, usually handedly. No gimmicks, no frills, they just line up and do the same things over and over.....and who has stopped them? They play CAK tonight, and they are unbeaten and ready for the Tornadoes, my guess is it won't make any difference. When someone knocks off the Tornadoes.....then we can have a new King.

And don't let me hear about not playing up....you think Symrna or Oakland or Blackman or whoever KWC follows is STUPID enough to put them on your schedule.? :roflol: Now that is a good one!

:thumb: Kaz :thumb:

Edited by kazam37

I watched the highlights for the kid at Greeneville. That is not sub 4.4 speed as is evidenced by the schools that are looking at him. The Hambrick kid from Alcoa would run off and leave him and Devrin Young's highlights make Devrin look much faster than him also. Sub 4.4 speed is the exception and not the rule and for the few kids that have it, the list of colleges looking at them is far different than the list that is looking at this kid.

I watched the highlights for the kid at Greeneville. That is not sub 4.4 speed as is evidenced by the schools that are looking at him. The Hambrick kid from Alcoa would run off and leave him and Devrin Young's highlights make Devrin look much faster than him also. Sub 4.4 speed is the exception and not the rule and for the few kids that have it, the list of colleges looking at them is far different than the list that is looking at this kid.

It is still early in the season where he has transfered in but tennessee,ole miss, mtsu, app state, and ecu or all great schools and he must have something schools look at grades and more stuff this is his first year at greenville he played last year in NC sry no UF,OU, or any thing so i guess that means he is slow and no good

Blade....it was, but the discussion with #1 is over. They still have to hash over two through five. Alcoa is just simply on top....and if you don't agree, get your coach to call Rankin and set up a game for next season. I'm sure his phone will be ringing off the hook! :rolleyes:

I even still like my top five, but I can be swayed on 2 through 5.

:thumb: Kazanity :thumb:

KWC....I'm not actually "bragging" on Alcoa, heck...I've only seen them play a handful of games. And every one, they have been the best high school team in Tennessee repeatedly. Look at the State Championship games over the past several years.....they make a habit of winning that game, usually handedly. No gimmicks, no frills, they just line up and do the same things over and over.....and who has stopped them? They play CAK tonight, and they are unbeaten and ready for the Tornadoes, my guess is it won't make any difference. When someone knocks off the Tornadoes.....then we can have a new King.

And don't let me hear about not playing up....you think Symrna or Oakland or Blackman or whoever KWC follows is STUPID enough to put them on your schedule.? :roflol: Now that is a good one!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL ... Kazman37 thanks for that hearty laugh. Again ... dominating 3A compitetion isn't even CLOSE to making Alcoa the King of high school football in Tennessee!!! .... LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Who I follow is mute. How many times you have seen them play is mute. Using the 'bold' feature to highlight certain parts of your text is mute ... and quite funny !

:roflol:

Keep on believin though ... :thumb:

Edited by kwc

Come on.....call'em up! You don't think Rankin would like to re-visit Middle Tennessee with a BETTER team than he used to coach! You can say what you will, but there is a element of truth in my post that no one is going to dispute.

HEY WHY DOESNT RANKIN CALL MIDDLE TENNESSEE THEN????? MAYBE HE"S SCARED TO GO PLAY THEM?

Hmmmmm ... using your logic, then Chris Johnson (Tennessee Titans), who we all can agree runs a legit 4.3, was courted and recruited by 'the list of colleges' that is different then the list that is recruiting this kid currently. As long as that list contains schools like EAST CAROLINA (the school Chris Johnson attended) ... right?

Come on.....call'em up! You don't think Rankin would like to re-visit Middle Tennessee with a BETTER team than he used to coach! You can say what you will, but there is a element of truth in my post that no one is going to dispute.

LOL Rankin has been called and we may have us a game week 5 at g ville next year this team has 5 seniors this year so it be on next year