District12A

waynecofreak

ok so u may be right i heard lake co. was very strong esspecially with some really fast pace play....... but the only thing that worries me with lake co is the fans ...... they didnt show any class at all at the perry county and lake county football playoff game considering some of the fans keyed 2 trucks wrote with window paint on 12 different cars ... so plz just when lc does come show a lil maturity and class win or lose!!!!!!!

I'm in no way trying to say Lake Co can't be beaten.I'm just saying it will be a good test from a non district opponent.It will probably be good for both teams..As far as the cars..as far as I know,we haven't ever had any trouble with people doing anything like that.We have played Union City,Huntingdon, and schools like Humboldt and South Fulton even beat us this year and I promise you haven't heard any of those fans complaining.And Humboldt,South Fulton and Union City can get pretty heated..As far as that goes..could have been anyone with a key in their hand.Could have even been a school closer to PC that the Vikings had beaten.Can't believe anyone from Lake Co would have brought window paint all the way to PC..Lake Co has been in a lot of playoffs games over the years,won more than we lost but never had any trouble..ever..

Edited by mrbigster

they'll hopefully find out against a non district team in Lake Co in a couple weeks.Lake Co beat Wayne Co by 10 points ,Creekwood,Gleason, at the Westview Playday and beat Obion Cenral by 12 in the Dyersburg Jamboree and beat two good teams in Brighton and Martin Westview in Hall of Fame games.

I know these "play days" and "Hall of Fame games" are all we have to base things on right now but lets face it, these type games are really just scrimmage games. Most coaches do not want to show anything this early in the year so they will run basic motion and simple offenses (which is smart). So, it's hard to play we beat this team card at this point in the year. I don't think anybody would argue that Wayne Co and Creekwood (both teams with great head coaches) would be much harder to beat in the regular season and tournament play than a "play day" or "hall of fame game". So even if they play well and keep it close against Lake Co, I still don't think you can make a reliable comparison until district play starts.

I know these "play days" and "Hall of Fame games" are all we have to base things on right now but lets face it, these type games are really just scrimmage games. Most coaches do not want to show anything this early in the year so they will run basic motion and simple offenses (which is smart). So, it's hard to play we beat this team card at this point in the year. I don't think anybody would argue that Wayne Co and Creekwood (both teams with great head coaches) would be much harder to beat in the regular season and tournament play than a "play day" or "hall of fame game". So even if they play well and keep it close against Lake Co, I still don't think you can make a reliable comparison until district play starts.

You're right.Lake Co played a lot of girls in the Play Day that probably won't play much in the regular season unless a blowout.Lake Co can be beaten but it is going to have to be a good team that can get the ball down the floor with some good guards.They'll give up size to every team they play but if a team has 3 big girls down low and they are all state..better have someone that can break a press.Again..didn't say Lake Co wouldn't be beat..just that it would be a tough game for PC..Should be good for both teams

Edited by mrbigster

Ok, all I know is what the word of mouth is among the students at the school. I do know this, however, I have been told in no uncertain terms that my children do not like him and will not attend any class that he teaches if he is still there next season. The only reason they are this year is because they are trapped into it. I seriously lost alot of respect for Coach Willard the way he done these girls and the school and will be cheering for every boys team that Wayne Co will face. On the girls side, I was expecting Summertown to challenge for the district title before Coach W left, but now I am not expecting anything better than 4th or maybe even 5th.

You cant be upset at Coach Willard for leaving. He had an opportunity to coach in Waynesboro where he is from. He has givin his life to those girls at Summertown, and i know he will miss them. He built a program there that is one of the best inn the state. I can understand Summertown Girls and fans for being upset with the situation they are in. But Willard did not hire Morris. That is a decision that the school board will have to deal with for a year. I feel for those girls that are seniors and have to end it like this. Willard dedicated himself to those girls and deserves respect. The real issue that Summertown needs to address is what to do next year before a good program is destroyed. he has done it before

You cant be upset at Coach Willard for leaving. He had an opportunity to coach in Waynesboro where he is from. He has givin his life to those girls at Summertown, and i know he will miss them. He built a program there that is one of the best inn the state. I can understand Summertown Girls and fans for being upset with the situation they are in. But Willard did not hire Morris. That is a decision that the school board will have to deal with for a year. I feel for those girls that are seniors and have to end it like this. Willard dedicated himself to those girls and deserves respect. The real issue that Summertown needs to address is what to do next year before a good program is destroyed. he has done it before

I agree that Coach Willard is a very talented coach and it probably was hard for him to leave.I hope he gets treated fairly at Wayne Co---that could end up being a situation where is is always compared to Coach Byrd, which shouldnt be the case. Coach W has built a superb resume on his own merits with what he did at Summertown, not just with the girls, but when he had the boys too. Best of luck to him. There are rumors circulating that he wont make it until Christmas break if things keep unfolding the way they have been. Not sure of the validity of those however.

I agree that Coach Willard is a very talented coach and it probably was hard for him to leave.I hope he gets treated fairly at Wayne Co---that could end up being a situation where is is always compared to Coach Byrd, which shouldnt be the case. Coach W has built a superb resume on his own merits with what he did at Summertown, not just with the girls, but when he had the boys too. Best of luck to him. There are rumors circulating that he wont make it until Christmas break if things keep unfolding the way they have been. Not sure of the validity of those however.

not sure what you could be talking about if keep unfolding the way they are you mean winning , they have only lost once so far to a pretty good mcnairy co. team just won 2 games at cornersville buy more than 30pts and havent even got tyler rice back yet it looks like things are going to work out just fine for willard at wc

not sure what you could be talking about if keep unfolding the way they are you mean winning , they have only lost once so far to a pretty good mcnairy co. team just won 2 games at cornersville buy more than 30pts and havent even got tyler rice back yet it looks like things are going to work out just fine for willard at wc

yea not sure where his info is comin from, but Willard is gonna be just fine. he already has the respect of many people over there and has his team looking good.

and nobody will be comparing him to Byrd... random

And Pelosi (aka vandychris) strikes again! hahahaha what a joke. There has absolutely not been any problems whatsoever with Willard at WC. He has the respect of everyone at WC. Ive talked with several players and they hate practice (cause he kicks butt), but they love what Willard is doing with them. He'll be at WC as long as he wants to be!

To the Wayne County fans, you guys have two good teams. The games against McNairy were good games besides the refs blowing the whistle to much in my opinion. I thought your girls were gased in the 2nd half. They showed alot of heart by coming back and winning there game after being down by double digits. You guys have a great team. The boys game was very good in the 1st half and McNairy took control in the 2nd half. But it looks like you guys will be pretty good once the football players get back in the swing of basketball. When we come to Wayne Co,. it should be two more exciting games. Good luck to you this season.

How the 12a teams have done thus far:

Wayne county (5-0): Looking exceptional just as everyone thought they would. Daniel and risner are both averaging double figures. The rest of the team is contributing as well. May be the deepest bunch in the district.

Loretto (4-1): Loretto appears very balanced as they have won games against quality oppenents. They won a game against marshall county and laws didn't even score, which shows their depth. Both laws and hemmen are averaging double-digits, and in all actuality, hemmen may actually be their best overall player.

Perry County (2-1): Starting five looks strong as they all have scored in every game. They have three players averaging double figures, and at least four starters have scored double-digits at least once. They appear to be a real contender for a district title.

Summertown (2-2): Could easily be 1-3, but had a fierce rally late to beat spring hill. With smith gone and graham out with her injury (anyone know how long she is out?), summertown's once great depth has been diminished to near nothing. Quality players like grooms, franklin, and long are carrying them.

Collinwood (3-3): Lost three of their last four games, all of which have been to quality opponents. Much improved from this summer and overall the girls have been impressive. Their youth still shows at times, but it may just be possible for this group to compete in the district. Nikki Robertson and Alexis Haddock have been our team's key contributors thus far.

Frank Hughes (1-2): Played weak teams, but they have already won more games this year than all of last year. Bumphus has been really good for Clifton so far.

Edited by AB23

Last night's results:

Collinwood drilled Waterloo 67 - 22 who is not a strong team but we are looking better and better all the time

Loretto beat Spring Hill (AA) 55 - 36 behind another strong game from hemmen

Frank Hughes lost to Riverside 27 - 59

Perry county lost to Creek Wood (AA) 48 - 58 after being up double digits at the half

Summertown lost to Lewis county (AA) 41 - 65 and was down by at least 30 points at one point in the game!!! What happened here???

Wayne County did not play.

Edited by AB23