District 12A

waynecofreak

Two words---

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We beat you twice by DOUBLE DIGITS, end of story. You do not have what it takes to move beyond the semifinals at regions. You also have no business being ranked ahead of a team that has beaten you by DOUBLE DIGITS twice alreasy.

Vandy, tell it to the Pollsters. They don't get everything right, but they're usually pretty close. Sometimes teams don't match up very well(See last nights district 12 A Wayne County Summertown score.

I don't think Summertown's girls team would have gotten beat by 40 points. Man that's pathetic. If that doesn't constitute going down the crapper, I don't know what does. Summerdown willm not recover from that beating, maybe even for a couple of years.

See Wayne County in the region. And yes, they will be difficult to beat, but not impossible. They only barely got by Culleoka (5 points :lol: ) last year and Culleoka wasn't even that good.

Edited by BobBBucks

Vandy, tell it to the Pollsters. They don't get everything right, but they're usually pretty close. Sometimes teams don't match up very well(See last nights district 12 A Wayne County Summertown score.

I don't think Summertown's girls team would have gotten beat by 40 points. Man that's pathetic. If that doesn't constitute going down the crapper, I don't know what does. Summerdown willm not recover from that beating, maybe even for a couple of years.

See Wayne County in the region. And yes, they will be difficult to beat, but not impossible. They only barely got by Culleoka (5 points :lol: ) last year and Culleoka wasn't even that good.

Well, BOB why dont you explain some things to us D12 guys, since WC barely even got by cully last year how do you explain them making it to the state tourney?? And while we are on subject of the polls, I remember CA being ranked top 5 most of the year last season, PC however not ranked very much, what happened in region to CA last year, they god murdered by PC best i recall, Im predicting that two of the top 3 teams in 12a will play for the region championship, I dunno which 2 that will be!! Feel free to give excuses!!

Exactly how many State Championships has anyone won in the last 13 years I'm sure PC has a few more than you...Now regarding Perry County they are obviously not playing very good basketball. Are they winning yes are they getting better NO. In order to win deep in the Tournaments you have to stop the basketball on penetration and you have to dictate the style of play you wish to play not what the other team wants to play (see Summertown). Right now Perry County does neither. Do they have potential yes however they are not playing to their strengths and this allows teams that may not be as talented to win or play them close. A team that allows weaker teams to hang around will almost always underachieve in the tournaments. As we all know the only thing that matters is "are we improving every night" and "how deep you get in the tournament" and what doesn't matter is polls. Sorry for being long winded but this love affair with Perry County and how "Great" they are is really annoying to me. Beating bad teams does not make you great.

Exactly how many State Championships has anyone won in the last 13 years I'm sure PC has a few more than you...Now regarding Perry County they are obviously not playing very good basketball. Are they winning yes are they getting better NO. In order to win deep in the Tournaments you have to stop the basketball on penetration and you have to dictate the style of play you wish to play not what the other team wants to play (see Summertown). Right now Perry County does neither. Do they have potential yes however they are not playing to their strengths and this allows teams that may not be as talented to win or play them close. A team that allows weaker teams to hang around will almost always underachieve in the tournaments. As we all know the only thing that matters is "are we improving every night" and "how deep you get in the tournament" and what doesn't matter is polls. Sorry for being long winded but this love affair with Perry County and how "Great" they are is really annoying to me. Beating bad teams does not make you great.

Greatest post in 20 pages..hit the nail on the head. PC not very good right now, but coach K might just have something up that long sleeve of his for the tournaments.

Greatest post in 20 pages..hit the nail on the head. PC not very good right now, but coach K might just have something up that long sleeve of his for the tournaments.

Seriously since when is a 13-5 record not good? I don't understand how some of the people on this site think. Perry County is really good. They aren't unbeatable but they are most definantly good. People should think before they post.:thumb:

AKAGlazed I think your missing the point. No one is saying PC is bad. What I'm saying, are they showing improvement as a team? I understand how fans watch the score and say hey we won by "x" number of points and so and so team only won by 4 and we won by 12. That has absolutely no bearing on anything. What matters has PC gotten better in Dec. and better in Jan. and better in Feb when it counts. The answer is no they are still doing the same things defensively they were doing in Dec. They are allowing teams to dictate the flow of the game because they aren't pressuring the ball and putting pressure on the other team offensively by using their quickness. Without being a jerk stating the facts and telling the truth doesn't make you a hater. Sometimes we are all blinded by our support of our team (me included). Keep cheering for the Black and Gold its about time to hang another banner alongside the other "6".

Edited by basketballcoach

AKAGlazed I think your missing the point. No one is saying PC is bad what I'm saying, are they showing improvement as a team. I understand how fans watch the score and say hey we won by "x" number of points and so and so team only won by 4 and we won by 12. That has absolutely no bearing on anything. What matters has PC gotten better in Dec. and better in Jan. and better in Feb when it counts. The answer is no they are still doing the same things defensively they were doing in Dec. They are allowing teams to dictate the flow of the game because they aren't pressuring the ball and putting pressure on the other team offensively by using their quickness. Without being a jerk stating the facts and telling the truth doesn't make you a hater. Sometimes we are all blinded by our support of our team (me included). Keep cheering for the Black and Gold its about time to hang another banner alongside the other "6".

I am a diehard PC fan, , But i do agree with you as of lateley they have looked sloppy on all accounts, they may have not played in substate game yet but this group is very experienced and well coached I feel like they have what it takes to turn it around, we cant forget that if the football team had been there all year they would be 15-3 at least, but if thing dont turn around come tourney time could be a short tourney!

Edited by Bearcats101

So explain to me how one blowout loss will effect a team for a couple of years. Everybody has bad games, but great teams recover and move on. The regular season dosen't mean anything, it only matters how teams perform in the post-season. For example, if I remember correctly, Wayne Co. didn't win the district last season and made it all the way to the state tournament.

Edited by UNC23

BOB do you even know what you are talking about? How so Summertown and WC not match up well? Are you aware that this is the same Summertown team that beat WC by 34 earlierin the season? One player was not worth a 75 point swing (getting back the 34 plus the 41 pt victory makes 75). All I know for sure is that if you think CA is better than any of th etop 3 teams in district 11 A you are smoking something. Please explain to me if you will why it will take Summertown a couple of years to recover from going 3-40 from the 3 line? It was a bad outing for sure, but not one that will take two years to recover from. I guess by your standards Collinwood shut just quit playing boys basketball because just this past week Summertown beat them by 50 (84-34) and so should PC (Stown beat them 55-44 Friday night). You should really think before you post. Beating a tam by double digits twice usually means you are better than that team. Good luck trying to prove that CA is better than Summertown when everyone onthis board will stand in defense of a 2-time double digit winner in head to head competition.