Can the State Point Record be broken?

DevilMan03

Can they do it?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Can they do it?

Greeneville is on pace to set a state record for points scored in a season. The Greene Devils have totaled 491 points in nine games for an average of 54.5 per game.

The state record was set in 1997 by Trousdale County, when it totaled 733 points in 15 games for an average of 48.9 per contest.

If the Greene Devils can score 67 points against Claiborne on Friday — they had at least that many two times in the last three weeks — they would already move into the top 10 all-time point totals before the playoffs even begin.

Greeneville is on pace to set a state record for points scored in a season. The Greene Devils have totaled 491 points in nine games for an average of 54.5 per game.

The state record was set in 1997 by Trousdale County, when it totaled 733 points in 15 games for an average of 48.9 per contest.

If the Greene Devils can score 67 points against Claiborne on Friday — they had at least that many two times in the last three weeks — they would already move into the top 10 all-time point totals before the playoffs even begin.

i'd say it all depends on the road they have ahead of them in the playoffs. what's that looking like?

being from west tennessee, we dont get to hear about the other side of the state much, can you tell us a little about the offense and players that are putting up such great numbers?

I think they CAN do it, Will they is another story. If the can put 56 points on Tennessee High, then they score that many on a Fulton or Gibbs team. The only thing that will hurt them is come playoff time, They'll have a huge target on their back. (I know they've had one on most of the year, but the talent they've seen in the last half of the season is sub par.) Another thing against them will be when it comes playoff time, teams will fight them harder because it could be the end if they don't. They're going to get everyone's best, with better talent.

Can they: yes. Will they: we will see.

being from west tennessee, we dont get to hear about the other side of the state much, can you tell us a little about the offense and players that are putting up such great numbers?

You'd have to get exact stats from CoachTFlorida but I can give you some names to hold you over.

QB Willy Carmichael and RB B.J. Spradlin are both over 1,000 yards rushing for the season. Carmichael is also a threat throwing the ball and on special teams. The kid is racking up all kinds of All Purpose yards, l,ike I said, CoachTFlorida will tell you more.

The Devils also have a sophomore QB, Tanner Stewart that rotates in, RB/WR Taylor Shuffler and a host of other role players.

Their defense may be better than their offense, led by two juniors on the line in Jamel Hall and Terrell Rollins. In fact, the entire D Line are juniors.

Oh, and LB Austin Perkins was Conference Defensive Player of the Year last year.

Who cares? You are playing in Northeast TN which is the weakest part of the state in football. You haven't played anyone worth anything all year, and please don't list off a NET cupcake "powerhouse". I know those Maryville teams played alot tougher schedules.

Greeneville loses in the Semi-Final Round, when they actually play someone from outside of NET. :thumb: