Power District 14A

shockernation

It sounds like 14A is a little more top heavy this year. Last year, just about any team could beat the other on any given night. This year, it looks like Greenfield, Lake Co., and Bradford seem to be the favorites with every one else way back. Maybe we'll have a team surprise everyone and be strong. Any thoughts on who this team might be?

My early prediction is Lake Co at the number 1 spot with Greenfield and Bradford fighting it out for the 2nd spot.Lake Co did lose Tarrida Abbot,Mariah Matthews and Tasha Phelps but still will hava a lot of fire power.With junior starters T.T. Flowers and Carnation Hart leading the way and also return Shamone Pearson who started as a freshman last year.Three players will compete for the other two starting positions..Shasta Bolden and Brooke Horton,two girls that came off the bench and shot the 3 ball.Both can shoot very well from outside.The other is incoming freshman Tiana Gray who was named the MVP od the middle school sections or stste in which Lake Co won.Tiana can take 5 steps from 3 point range and light it up.If Lake Co is shooting free throws,she'd be the girl I want on the line.I look for Coach Johnson to rotate those three girls off the bench at first and in the tough games,look for Tiana and Shasta to nail down the starting job.Tiana will probably be the beat ball handle on the team with the exception of T.T. I look for Carnation to take the ball out of bounds and T.T. bring the ball down the floor and if she gets doubl teamed..Tiana bring it up.Going to be very difficult to press Lake Co.And this years team will have something the other teams haven/t..Outside shooting.Last year was basically Mariah Matthews.Tiana shoots just as well and with Shasta,Shamone and Brooke also out on the ..not going to be able to key on 1 person that can shoot,That should also help Carnation on the inside to get points and if T.T. drives.she's either going to have a layup or has shooters to kick it out to.Lake Co also has a freshman that moved in last year I believe at the middle school that I hear is going to get some playing time and is scrappy and will get on the boards.Greenfield will be led by their inside game led by Jordan Gailey and Emily Randolf..Not sure about their outside game.Bradford lost Molly Wallsmith but return Combs and Street which should give them some speed and Combs has some height as well.Combs has the ability to be a very good player if she brings the mentality every night.Not sure if Bratton is back or not.I think these will be the main 3 teams.Not saying neither of these teams can't or won't beat Lake Co..Just that I think Lake Co is the favorite in my opinion.Vol fan and daround may think their respective teams are since Lake Co did lose 2 starters and the first player off the bench.Most of my thread is about Lake Co since that's the team I'm familiar with.Maybe Daround or Vol fan can give more info on Greenfield and Bradford.Hopefully someone from South Fulton,know they were very young last year and also Trenton and Union City as to what their expections are.!

MRBIGSTER, I AGREE LAKE CO. IS THE TEAM TO BEAT. BRADFORD HAS 3 SOLID PLAYERS BUT AFTER THAT THEY FALL OFF. ON ANY GIVEN NIGHT THEY MAY HAVE 2 OR 3 OTHER PLAYERS DO WELL. BRADFORD DID WELL AT CAMPS THIS SUMMER BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN ALOT. NOT SURE HOW GOOD BRADFORD WILL BE JUST YET. STREET, COMBS, AND BRATTON ARE THE CENTER OF THE TEAM. IF STREET OR COMBS GET INTO FOUL TROUBLE BRADFORD WILL HAVE TROUBLE GETTING THE BALL DOWN THE COURT AGAINST THE PRESS. READY TO SEE WHERE THEY STACK UP AGAINST A LAKE CO. OR GREENFIELD.

MRBIGSTER, I AGREE LAKE CO. IS THE TEAM TO BEAT. BRADFORD HAS 3 SOLID PLAYERS BUT AFTER THAT THEY FALL OFF. ON ANY GIVEN NIGHT THEY MAY HAVE 2 OR 3 OTHER PLAYERS DO WELL. BRADFORD DID WELL AT CAMPS THIS SUMMER BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN ALOT. NOT SURE HOW GOOD BRADFORD WILL BE JUST YET. STREET, COMBS, AND BRATTON ARE THE CENTER OF THE TEAM. IF STREET OR COMBS GET INTO FOUL TROUBLE BRADFORD WILL HAVE TROUBLE GETTING THE BALL DOWN THE COURT AGAINST THE PRESS. READY TO SEE WHERE THEY STACK UP AGAINST A LAKE CO. OR GREENFIELD.

I'm kinda like you as far as Lake Co.We basically have 3 players back,same as Greenfield and Bradford so I don't really know until I actually see them in action.But my expections are high with 3 good players returning ..just as Volfan is with their 3 returning starters and Bradford with theirs.I'd take Jordan Gailey on my team any day of the week and know Randolfh is a load down low.Same for Combs and Street..If Greenfield and Bradford has players around them..should be an interesting year again.!

Bigster, i'd be shocked if Tiana doesn't start! Amazing Freshman who was great in Jr High and can shoot the lights out!

I've been telling people that all along..I talked to her the other night and she told me she didn't know.Said some nights it may be her and some nights Brooke or Shasta.I'm with you.Can shoot from way out .Better not leave her open right at the 3 point line.She'll fire it up from 4 feet past the line.And her free throw shooting.Very smooth.She'll make about 8 or 9 out of ten most nights.She doesn't get rattled and can play with the older girls.Personally I think she's the best shooter on the team right now as a freshman.!I saw her hit 3 long three's against an Ark team during a tournament about 4 or 5 months ago or so during an AAU game and she was 5 feet from the 3 point line.The teams were laying back off her.I thought.Surely she's not going to shoot from there.Nothing but net.The people from Ark crowd were buzzing in the stands about her.With her just being a freshman and Shamone a sophomore and the middle school having a couple studs,one being a clone of T.T. in the Yancey girl..the future looks bright.

HOW DOES EVERYONE THINK 14A STACKS UP TOP TO BOTTOM.

I'll give mine after Saturday.With Greenfield,Bradford,and Lake Co playing at Martin.even though just a scrimmage and a lot of players will probably play..I want to get a glimpse of all the teams starters while they are on the floor at the same time.Right now I have Lake Co,Greenfield and Bradford in that order but that could change.!Then I'm going with Union City,Trenton,

South Fulton and Halls..Trenton and Union City could change places.

Edited by mrbigster

Bigster,

I would change UC and Trenton....UC has a lot of their girls back from last year. I believe that Trenton lost a lot of main players.

Go Lady Jackets!

That's why I said at the bottom that I might would change Union City and Trenton.I didn't know how many Trenton lost but knew they had the one girl back that's a junior I believe and Union City has Huff.!

The Lake Co Lady Falcons will play Obion Central girls on Nov. 13th in the Dyersburg Jamboree.The jamboree will open up with the Lake Co boys playing the Central boys at 4:00 followed by the girls teams at 4:45..It will be the first meeting in more than a decade for the former rivals.Other teams in the Jamboree are Halls,Crockett Co.,Westview,Brighton,TCA,and Dyersburg.!