Power District 14A

shockernation

BRADFORD GOT PAST SOUTH GIBSON COUNTY LAST NIGHT (46 - 39). COMBS HAD A GAME HIGH 19, STREET HAD 7, AND BRATTON 6. COMBS AND STREET SET IN THE FIRST HALF WITH FOUL TROUBLE. THEN STREET AND COMBS SET THE SECOND HALF WITH FOUL TROUBLE. BRADFORD HAD SEVERAL GIRLS PLAY WELL. REEVES HAD 6, CARDWELL 3, EVANS 3, AND McCRILLIS 2. WHEN STREET AND COMBS WERE OUT THE YOUNG GIRLS STEPPED UP. BRATTON IS A STRONG GIRL WHO WORKS HARD. GOOD LUCK THIS SEASON.

BRADFORD GOT PAST SOUTH GIBSON COUNTY LAST NIGHT (46 - 39). COMBS HAD A GAME HIGH 19, STREET HAD 7, AND BRATTON 6. COMBS AND STREET SET IN THE FIRST HALF WITH FOUL TROUBLE. THEN STREET AND COMBS SET THE SECOND HALF WITH FOUL TROUBLE. BRADFORD HAD SEVERAL GIRLS PLAY WELL. REEVES HAD 6, CARDWELL 3, EVANS 3, AND McCRILLIS 2. WHEN STREET AND COMBS WERE OUT THE YOUNG GIRLS STEPPED UP. BRATTON IS A STRONG GIRL WHO WORKS HARD. GOOD LUCK THIS SEASON.

Congrats on the win.Fotr Bradford to have a chance to win on most night,probably going to have to keep those 3 out of foul trouble and if they get a breather..maybe take 1 out a couple minutes..then the other ..then the other.Always try to have 3 on the floor if Bradford can but if not,a short reat alternating the 3.

Congrats on the win.Fotr Bradford to have a chance to win on most night,probably going to have to keep those 3 out of foul trouble and if they get a breather..maybe take 1 out a couple minutes..then the other ..then the other.Always try to have 3 on the floor if Bradford can but if not,a short reat alternating the 3.

Greenfield girls will be playing Perry County in the Hall of Champions game on Saturday. I think their boys are playing Henry County . I'm not sure on the times on those. I do know that Greenfield girls played Westview last week and won by double digits in a scrimmage. I'm not sure how good Westview or Greenfield is this year, but it looks to be an interesting year again in 14A !

Greenfield girls will be playing Perry County in the Hall of Champions game on Saturday. I think their boys are playing Henry County . I'm not sure on the times on those. I do know that Greenfield girls played Westview last week and won by double digits in a scrimmage. I'm not sure how good Westview or Greenfield is this year, but it looks to be an interesting year again in 14A !

Greenfield beat Westview by double digits in a scrimmage?Westview has a good teamReally surprised by that.Not necessarily scoring more points but by double digits..Wasn't sure Greenfield would have the guard play.They look good down low.Good luck against Perry Co.I think Greenfield will win that game.Perry Co doesn't seem to have a lot of speed and not tall at all.I think for Perry Co to win,they'll have to play at their pace.Don't think they can run with some of our teams.I could be wrong though.Anyway..hope Greenfield gets the W.

Bigster,

Greenfield's PG has been hurt for a while. When you saw them play, and said that they had a hard time getting the ball down the court, our PG was hurt..maybe will be out for a couple of more weeks.

So, we beat Martin in a scrimmage even without our starting PG? by doublt digits? Wow! That's impressive.

Bigster,

Greenfield's PG has been hurt for a while. When you saw them play, and said that they had a hard time getting the ball down the court, our PG was hurt..maybe will be out for a couple of more weeks.

So, we beat Martin in a scrimmage even without our starting PG? by doublt digits? Wow! That's impressive.

Yes it is impressive..is impressive with her..even more without her.Looks to be another great year

The Lady Jackets were as cold shooting as I've ever seen them. No telling how many shots were missed right under the basket for Greenfield. That'll improve as the season progresses.

The Lady Jackets also missed a ton of free throws.

Greenfield also had 20 turnovers in the game. We must improve ball handling. Of course, our starting Point Guard is sitting on the bench with an injury at this time....so, when she gets back that'll help a lot.

Perry Co. is well coached. They have some good players on their team. But, Greenfield should've beaten them by 15 points or more. Very, very cold shooting and bad ball handling led to them getting beat 51-47. No disrespect intended towards Perry Co. but the Lady Jackets played terrible today.

Lake Co didn't play well either toady as well.It was a tale of two halves.Lake Co couln't do much right in the first half and Westview couldn't do much in the second half.Lake Co won 47-46.Lake Co had 3 baskets taken off the board after being called for charging.One was by T.T. and 2 by Simone Pearson.Westview hit about three 3 point shots row 2 by the Sims girl and another by #20 and had Lake Co on the ropes.Lake Co was down by about 9 points at the half and about 14 points late in th 3rd quarter.To make matters worse,T.T. Flowers had 4 fouls after just about 2 minutes in the 3rd quarter and never picked up a 5th.The Sims girl also picked up her 4th foul early in the 4th quarter I believe and she made it the rest of the game also.Lake Co finally made a run and took the lead with about 3 minutes left in the game and could have went up by 4 or 5 points but missed free throws and turned the ball over a couple times in a row.Lake Co is continuing to miss a ton of free throws for some reason and practically had no rebounding..Lake Co looked like just an average Single A team yesterday in my opinion.I thought it was the worst I've seen Lake Co play in a couple years but Westview didn't play very well either.Could be the talent that Westview has ,not letting Lake Co play their game as far as running.Maybe the Lake Co girls were tired from the long PC trip the night before and didn't get home until probably close to 2 in the morning.Just didn't look very quick and out of sync.All in all..a win against a quality opponent but both teams are better than they showed yesterday.But still early and Coach Johnson seems to be looking for that 4th or 5th starter between 4 girls.I really like Tiana Gray because she has a nice shot,hasn't really shown it yet and she is quicker than the other girls.Plus..think she will get better as the season continues and will become more aggresive.We'll see how things shape out.Wasn't pretty but a win at Westview to put Lake Co at 2-0 on the year.

Edited by mrbigster