Power District 14A

shockernation

I'm anxious to see what someone from neither school thought about this game.The officials or at least one controlled this game.Worst officiating and coaching I've seen in a long time.I know a lot of people think T.T. fouls a lot and even so,tonight she was ripped off as were the fans.Central scored first to go up 2-0 but Lake Co was looking good and a lot faster and Lake Co went up 12-2.T.T. was called for her 3rd foul with just 3 minutes played in the first quarter.She never played the rest of the first quarter or the entire 2nd quarter.Lake Co still led by about 10 going into the 3rd quarter.Thought Lake Co might keep T.T. on the bench at the start of the 3rd quarter and still a good lead but didn't.Several people from Dyersburg thought she had been called for a couple cheap touches by that 1 official but the worst call of the night came at about the 2 minute mark or so in the 3rd quarter.T.T. got a rebound,leaned around the Central player to shoot a layup with no contact at all.The Central player didn't foul and T.T. didn't charger.Was no contact at all.That same official called a charge on T.T..The whole gym booded.The same official also called a tech on Lake Co coach Brett Johnson that as it turned out ,cost Lake Co the game.The same official also called Lake Co for a 5 second violation late in the game.Now for the worst coaching.Lake Co was up by about 5 points with just over a minute left.Central came down and hit a 3.Lake Co came back and hit a 3.Still about a 5 point lead.Central comes down again and the same girl hits another 3 to pull within 2 points.That's two 3's by the same girl coach.Central has to foul and Lake Co hits both to go up by 4.Central comes down and hits anothe r3 by the same girl to pull within 1 point with 10 seconds left.Central fouls Lake Co and Lake Co makes both free throws to go up again by 3 points .Things looked pretty good for Lake Co.A 3 point lead with about 10 seconds to play.And Lake Co only has 4 fouls and still has 3 fouls to give before Central shoots.You would think a coach that knows anything would have Central inbound the ball and take a couple dribbles and take 2 or 3 seconds off the clock and then foul.Then let Central take the ball out again and let them dribble a couple times and foul again.If that happens it wouldn't be but about 4 or 5 seconds left.Then let Central take the ball out again and foul and put Central on the line with about 2 or 3 seconds had they did what they should have done.A 3 point lead.Even if Central hits both,Lake Co wins by 1 point with T.T. sitting out about 3 quarters of the game or close to it.But instead,Central has the ball and throws it to the big girl with about 7 seconds left.Lake Co should have fouled her immediately.But didn't.She passed the ball to a team mate and she hit a big 3 pointer to tie the game with about 3 seconds left.Lake Co tried to call time but the officials never looked.By this time T.T. and Simone Pearson had both fouled out and knew Central was probably going to win in overtime.Maybe this will help later in the season.Surely won't be stupid enough to have a 3 point lead and fouls to give and not foul.And if the coach did tell them to foul and they didn't.Maybe they should be on the bench.But still.Th eplayes should know they have a 3 point lead and even if you foul and they hit both,you still win.Terrible coaching to go along with the officiating.Central won on the scoreboard and congrats for that.They did hit some big shots at the end.Not many teams would come down and hit 3 in a row,much less another at the buzzer but again,that's coaching by not spreading the defense and taking away the 3 point shot completely.When Lake Co had all their playes on the floor,it was no doubt they had the best team.Lake Co led by around 15 points at 1 time and with T.T. on the bench,Central got several turnovers.But T.T. also made a few turnovers at the end as well before fouling out.

well i am a lady trojan fan so i guess i am someone who you are asking to post ... i thought we would win our game against poplar bluff so i was expecting to play the winner but you know what assuming does for you.

anyways, i thought lake county looked like a champ the whole game. everybody on their team can shoot threes, everybody on their team can hit FT's. i think they MISSED ONE FT THE ENTIRE GAME and they shot a bunch. they also hit AT LEAST TEN 3's and it was probably more than that. and from an outsider point of view they have many more threats than just T.T. T.T. got her third foul LATE in the first quarter not 3 minutes into game, but the LC coach wanted to see if she could play with two i guess because they were playing well. well, guess what, she sat the whole second quarter and they scored more points in the second quarter than they did the first. as for the fouls on T.T. in the first they were all true fouls so no complaints but i think she just ducked her shoulder on the fourth foul and official assumed she initiated contact but that shoulda been a clear no call you are 100% correct. but the LC coach still played her nearly entire second half and she was smart and didnt foul. her fifth was stopping a layup with under a minute left and LC up by more than a score so probably a good foul at the time if they didnt go OT. so in summary, T.T. deserved all 3 first quarter fouls and was in the game after her first two and fourth one for a long time, and she deserved the last one, so only one missed call on her 5 fouls

as for the rest of the LC girls they can flat out ball, carnation is awesome all around and #14 (simone?) and #3 are gonna be holy terrors for 14A to deal with. and the other 3 or 4 that play don't miss open shots or FT's either. LC looked like a dominant A team and didn't drop off as much as you'd think (if any) for the 10-12 minutes TT wasn't out there

as for OC, the two starting guards for OC both had 4 fouls in the 4th and coach laru was subbing them in and out to save them but the Macey girl still fouled out in the 4th and didnt play OT either. i dont really get the grief at the refs cause after brett johnson got the tech the fouls were WAY lopsided in LC favor so he probably okay with the effect the tech had on the refereeing. you even mentioned LC having so many fouls to give with under a minute and LC shot double bonus FT's for a LONG time. fouls were like 13-3 in LC favor with a minute left. i see you didnt mention that but i know how it goes after a tuff loss you cant see the bad stuff the other team had to deal with only the couple things that didnt go your way so no problem there. OC also couldn't buy a layup or FT this game and you can't really credit LC for stopping those OC just couldnt buy a shot in the first 3 quarters. i honestly don't know how OC won other than they just dont EVER quit and they make you play faster than you are comfortable playing. i wouldnt say they play as pretty a game as LC but they are fun to watch, it's more like track with a ball than basketball but it clearly seems like they have bought in and having fun and playing hard. they do just the right mix of getting the two posts involved and getting open outside shots. they need to quit fouling so much and hit more FT's and they will clearly be the best team in west TN in my opinion because they never let up and never let the other team feel comfortable. i didnt get to KY last week but supposedly it was just like this one with us leading by 15 after 1 quarter only to be losing by 6 late in game so that shows they aint beat til that last buzzer goes off and theyre losing.

so in my opinion, LC may be the best team in West TN by what you see on the floor and how they are great shooters (havent seen scott's hill) from what i saw, but OC just beat them after not shooting well at all for three quarters so who knows how that makes sense. that's why girls basketball is so crazy and i cant wait to see the KK and TT show in about an hour ... heading there now!

GC blows out bradford 48/34. Not sure about some of the calls Eddings made. Congrats to GC.

Coach Eddings is a class act and a good coach and for you to blame him shows that you know very little about basketball. Coach Eddings is probably the best coach in the district. Bradford just has some problems and you know as well as I do where most of the problems start from.

Hmmm.... daroundball, I'm curious as to what "calls" you're talking about? After the first quarter, Bradford played GC a pretty solid game. Bradford got down by around 20 and battled back and continued to play hard. GC's press gave Bradford fits all through the first quarter. There's no reason to throw this game off on Coach Eddings. If you know the game like I think you do, we both know who the better team was reguardless of what "calls" were wrong. I'm not meaning that in an arrogant way, but you know what I mean. You guys have a great coach that always seem to have your team prepared. This game right here meant nothing other than GC Christmas tournament champion. Good luck to Bradford this year.

I know GC is better than bradford and the best team won. And I feel Eddings is great at his job. What I was talking about was the lack of getting bratton and combs the ball. Combs did not touch the ball till bradford was down by double figures. And did not play the 4th quarter. Bratton touched the ball very little in the post also. They both sealed of the defenders well. I am not saying he did a bad or a good job. I just said I was not sure about the plays he was running. And as for Greenfield fan. YOUR ARE A CLASS ACT. As I said before congrats on the win.

Gcpioneer you guys have a solid team. Bradford could not handle you press. Your players work hard and I have nothing but respect for your team to have lost the amount of good players you did and still play at that levell. Did not mean to rub anyone wrong. Bradford wanted to try to dribble through the press instead of passing over it and you made them pay with a bunch of turn overs.

Coach Eddings is a class act and a good coach and for you to blame him shows that you know very little about basketball. Coach Eddings is probably the best coach in the district. Bradford just has some problems and you know as well as I do where most of the problems start from.

No I don't know. Im sure you will let me know. Let me take a shot in the dark. ITS COMBS. You have some sort of chip on your shoulder. Did she do something to you or a friend. Maybe you should help Eddings with all the problems you see. Last night the problem was for one GC has a better team. #2 the guards could not handle the press. #3 bratton and combs did not get enough touches. Bradford only had 1 or 2 buckets at the half. Everything else was free throws. That does not speak well for the offense.

I am not a fan of bad attitudes, I think they cause alot of problems for coaches, team mates and for teams. I have seen it tear a team apart many times, I just dont like bad attitudes. I have seen Sara Combs play some very good basketball over the years and I have always expected her to be a dominant player for Bradford. Rarely does she play a complete game without showing her attitude and she has showed Coach Eddings up on numerous occasions, he has had more patience with her than I could have had. Sara has the ability to play college ball if she will ever get her attitude under control. Not many college coaches want to deal with bad attitudes unless you are very very talented.

I wasnt going to put a name out but you did that for me. Sara has never done anything to me but I do appreciate the players that play the game with a good attitude, their teammates and their coaches respect them for that for life. Basketball is over for most after high school graduation but life goes on and is bigger than basketball. Good luck to Bradford. Lets move on.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

I am not a fan of bad attitudes, I think they cause alot of problems for coaches, team mates and for teams. I have seen it tear a team apart many times, I just dont like bad attitudes. I have seen Sara Combs play some very good basketball over the years and I have always expected her to be a dominant player for Bradford. Rarely does she play a complete game without showing her attitude and she has showed Coach Eddings up on numerous occasions, he has had more patience with her than I could have had. Sara has the ability to play college ball if she will ever get her attitude under control. Not many college coaches want to deal with bad attitudes unless you are very very talented.

I wasnt going to put a name out but you did that for me. Sara has never done anything to me but I do appreciate the players that play the game with a good attitude, their teammates and their coaches respect them for that for life. Basketball is over for most after high school graduation but life goes on and is bigger than basketball. Good luck to Bradford. Lets move on.

You did not have to put the name out there this time because you have do it so many times everyone knows who you are talking about. You have stated she can't play. That she hurts the team, know you are going to state she is a good player with a bad attitude.And as for Combs she will be playing ball at the next level no matter how much you try to bash her. You only have a couple more months to bash her then you will have to find someone else to put YOUR bad attitude on, unless you want to follow her to memphis and complain.Now we can move on if you can, but that will not happen because they play at least one more time and you will have to talk about the KID.