Power District 14A

shockernation

Humboldt plays Memphis Northside Thursday in a classic in Fayette Ware, I can say Mr. Boykin is doing better trying to schedule teams outside the area. So far, the Vikings have played Dyersburg, Haywood , & will play Jackson Northside & Ripley later on during the season. Hopefully, the Vikes will continue to improve on the 8-0 start, defense Has been stepping up lately & each one of the starters has led the team in scoring this year!

So, you guys aren't going to count the loss to Westview but count the win against Dyersburg in the Hall of Fame games, even though Westview is counting their win over Humboldt ??

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyersburg was a regular season game and we play them again, westview was a H o F game and (4) four of the starters were still in football so that's the coach decision. However, you want to put it 9-0 or 8-1 still a good record and losing to westview with mostly freshmen by (9) nine isn't bad! Maybe, UC will improve since they got a new player, were did he come from?

Dyersburg was a regular season game and we play them again, westview was a H o F game and (4) four of the starters were still in football so that's the coach decision. However, you want to put it 9-0 or 8-1 still a good record and losing to westview with mostly freshmen by (9) nine isn't bad! Maybe, UC will improve since they got a new player, were did he come from?

He came from Union City...He played last season and during the summer...He got suspended for some reason in November...Had to go through hoops to get back on...His brother played for UC three or four years ago...I believe he would be your coaches nephew...UC played the whole Time Piece Classic without Tyler Stewart..Hope he is going to be ready to go for the Beech Tourney...They need him in the line-up...

Yeah, I was just wondering what the "official" record was...I'm guessing had they won it would have counted though...

I'm for taking that decision out of the coaches control...If you sell tickets, concessions, wear uniforms, pay officials and keep score it should count as a game win or lose...

He came from Union City...He played last season and during the summer...He got suspended for some reason in November...Had to go through hoops to get back on...His brother played for UC three or four years ago...I believe he would be your coaches nephew...UC played the whole Time Piece Classic without Tyler Stewart..Hope he is going to be ready to go for the Beech Tourney...They need him in the line-up...

Yeah, I was just wondering what the "official" record was...I'm guessing had they won it would have counted though...

I'm for taking that decision out of the coaches control...If you sell tickets, concessions, wear uniforms, pay officials and keep score it should count as a game win or lose...

I think Humboldt had 7 guys dressed out for the game against Westview...Whether or not it counted is irrelevant isn't it?

As far as you talking about Humboldt choking...It depends on whom you are directing that towards...Hopefully you don't mean the players...Bottom line is this...as long as Boykin is calling the shots at Humboldt, we're going to be outcoached in 90% of the games...Every year Humboldt has a loss or two that makes you scratch your head...I chalk that up to coaching...Let's be honest, if Humboldt had a good X's and O's guy, as well as a motivator in the locker room (I don't believe Boykin is either), we'd have ATLEAST 3 gold balls in the last 6 years...Oh well, guess we will never know....Merry Christmas

I think Humboldt had 7 guys dressed out for the game against Westview...Whether or not it counted is irrelevant isn't it?

As far as you talking about Humboldt choking...It depends on whom you are directing that towards...Hopefully you don't mean the players...Bottom line is this...as long as Boykin is calling the shots at Humboldt, we're going to be outcoached in 90% of the games...Every year Humboldt has a loss or two that makes you scratch your head...I chalk that up to coaching...Let's be honest, if Humboldt had a good X's and O's guy, as well as a motivator in the locker room (I don't believe Boykin is either), we'd have ATLEAST 3 gold balls in the last 6 years...Oh well, guess we will never know....Merry Christmas

red...I agree with most of what you posted...Thing is, you have to lay some of the blame at the feet of the players as well...I've been up there and seen them play teams they should have blown out and they couldn't throw the ball in the ocean, couldn't dribble and made silly passes...That's on them...Boykin can't go out there and do that for them...All Boykin can do is properly have a team scouted, put his team in the best possible position to play and try and not let the situation his team is in overwhelm them...

As far as the game counting, that's just sort of a pet peeve, I guess...

Looks like Lake Co lost again to Carbondale 78-74 .At least a lot closer and not sure how big a school or how good Carbondale is.Just saw a score and that's all I know.Maybe not a bad loss though

bigster they lost to madison illinois yesterday by 4 not carbondale and played this morning at 9 and lost by 25 to maplewood out of missouri according to the bracket they play again at 3 and will be done

Sorry guys for being out of pocket on here but just got back from Carbondale tourney. Falcons went 1-2 up there but played better overall than at Graves County. They lost 1st game by 4 and had a 2 point lead with a minute left and the ball. Ricky Boyd got fouled and missed front end of 1 and 1 and Madison tied it up. LC trying to hold for last shot but Zay Coleman (Fr.) gets ball stripped and Madison scores. Lc misses has to foul FT's give final margin. In the game LC missed many easy layups and was 7-16 from Free throw line. Played second game at 9 in morning and basically didn't show up. Can't report much good b/c the play was not very good. Last game they won by 25-27over New Madrid can't remember score b/c we got up by 38 and coach pulled the dogs off and let 2nd group finish it out. They looked much better as far as intensity and defensive effort in this tournament. Rafael who had a subpar tourney up to the last game scored 30 vs New Madrid. Shots were falling and team even shot 70% from Free Throw line. When we play good D and get into transition shots fall and the Falcons are tough to beat. When they get lacadasical on D they are very beatable. Get back to regular schedule next week of Fulton City(Tues) Union City(Fri) and Perry Co(Sat.)

Sorry guys for being out of pocket on here but just got back from Carbondale tourney. Falcons went 1-2 up there but played better overall than at Graves County. They lost 1st game by 4 and had a 2 point lead with a minute left and the ball. Ricky Boyd got fouled and missed front end of 1 and 1 and Madison tied it up. LC trying to hold for last shot but Zay Coleman (Fr.) gets ball stripped and Madison scores. Lc misses has to foul FT's give final margin. In the game LC missed many easy layups and was 7-16 from Free throw line. Played second game at 9 in morning and basically didn't show up. Can't report much good b/c the play was not very good. Last game they won by 25-27over New Madrid can't remember score b/c we got up by 38 and coach pulled the dogs off and let 2nd group finish it out. They looked much better as far as intensity and defensive effort in this tournament. Rafael who had a subpar tourney up to the last game scored 30 vs New Madrid. Shots were falling and team even shot 70% from Free Throw line. When we play good D and get into transition shots fall and the Falcons are tough to beat. When they get lacadasical on D they are very beatable. Get back to regular schedule next week of Fulton City(Tues) Union City(Fri) and Perry Co(Sat.)

lets hope they can rest up and get back to playing that uptempo play like theyre supposed to and make a deep run.