Power District 14A

shockernation

99% of the calls were in LC's favor. LC had 2 fouls to Humboldt's 9 at the beginning of the 4th. The so called questionable foul was definetly a charge. Humboldt's defender didn't move he was set for awhile. Devon went up and smashed right into him, no way they could have let that one go. Everything else went in LC's favor. Humboldt just put it in the basket more than LC.

The official got booed out of the gym on that play and I thought the coach was going to get a tech..You must have blinked your eyes.A hard fought game by both teams.Humboldt could have had about 10 more fouls called on them..In the first quarter Quan was two feet out of bounds on a play that the official let go..Humboldt did just enough or let me say..Lake Co missed enough free throws and poor shot selection at critical times to let Humboldt get the win.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humboldt won 65-59 that was closer than the score.The game was close most of the way.Once again ..if Lake Co would have come down and loked for a good shot instead of throwing up a circus shot..may could have won.Comgrats to Humboldt on the win..The game was 3 or 4 points most of the night but Quan Cambell came down and hit a couple 3's to put Hu mboldt up by about 9.Lake Co cut the lead to either 3 or 5 at the half and the second half was close all the way.Lake Co actually took the lead with just over 2 minutes left or somewhere in that time frame.With about a minute or so to play..Humboldt was up by 3 and Rafhael Tyler wasfouled and shooting two free throws.He had been making them just about every attemt but missed both.That would have kept Lake Co just bebind by 1..Anyway..Lake Co was down by 3 with about 30 seconds to play and had a chance to maybe tie the game up and hopefully an over time but fumbled the ball off his foot and Humboldt got the ball and hit Quan Cambell for a snowbird and a dunk that ended any chance Lake Co had.About the game..both teams missed some shots but the play was unreal.Up and down the court.Very physical and the officials let both teams play.There were a few questionable calls..One was with about 3 minutes left and Lake Co rebounded and put a shot back up for 2 points and was called for a charge.Don't know what he was looking at on that play..But overall..they let the teams play.I saw enought out of both teams that had it been other officials..both teams would have had 4 players each foul out with no calls.I'd rather lose a game with both teams having the best players on the floor.All I can say..for all those people quaetioning wheter Lake Co is a top 10 team..if Humboldt is the number 2 team in the State..then Lake Co is ranked too low at number 10..If Humboldt is number 2..Lake Co should be around the 5th spot.Humboldt came in and got the win..Humboldt played a zone while Lake Co played man and Humboldt earned their points othe rthan a couple baskets..I still wouldnt want to play either team in a loser go home game.Congrats to Humboldt.Not complaing about the loss.Humboldt earned it.

If LakeCo is a #10 team and Humbolt is a #2 team that has only beat Lake Co. by 6 points and 3 points where does that put the Perry Co. team that beat them by 14.

People are always going to say,• if we made this shot or that free throw we would have won well that didn't happen and Humboldt made the shots at the end to win". I like the fact that they never get nervous when in close games especially at Lake County. Humboldt still has Union City, Trenton at home then plays South Fulton to close out district play. Great win Vikes!

MrBigster, don't worry about rankings because they don't mean nothing, all that matters is playing hard & winning games. I wouldn't care if Humboldt was rank or not because I rather have the gold ball any day over a ranking. You are trying to justify why they should be rank because they lost to Humboldt by 3 & 6, in basketball you can lose to anyone on any given day. Lake county matches up well with Humboldt this year and everytime they play it will be a close due good match ups & the rivalry that has been created! Lake county just needs to play hard like they do when they play the Vikes & they'll be alright!

People are always going to say,• if we made this shot or that free throw we would have won well that didn't happen and Humboldt made the shots at the end to win". I like the fact that they never get nervous when in close games especially at Lake County. Humboldt still has Union City, Trenton at home then plays South Fulton to close out district play. Great win Vikes!

It was a good hard fought game by both teams.About the best I've seen defense played by Coleman and Tyler against Brooks.I don't remember him scoring but about 4 points . Again it was a hard fought game but still a loss.A lot of times people don't like what I say but I'm going to try this time in a different way.Overall I like the new coach.She's into the game,seems to be fiery at times.The only negative I see and I've seen it in several games is that she seems to always put Coleman on the bench late in the games.Not going to name any players names this time as for negativity but there is always one player on the floor that shouldn't be in close games.and if he is he shouldnt be bringing the floor down the court and between his legs.He's not a ball handler.Get the ball to the right people.He had about 3 blunders at the end of the game that killed Lake Co.And I've seen him do in in most all the close losses.Same in the game at humboldt.If he wasn't handling the ball,Lake Co wins that game.Nothing really against him being on the floor at the time,just not handling the ball.And another off the bench plays to much out of control when he comes in.I see a lot of improvement in the big boy Gauldin.More aggressive.Could help in the tournaments.Enjoy the win.May not beat Lake Co at the right time.

Edited by lcwildfalcon

MrBigster, don't worry about rankings because they don't mean nothing, all that matters is playing hard & winning games. I wouldn't care if Humboldt was rank or not because I rather have the gold ball any day over a ranking. You are trying to justify why they should be rank because they lost to Humboldt by 3 & 6, in basketball you can lose to anyone on any given day. Lake county matches up well with Humboldt this year and everytime they play it will be a close due good match ups & the rivalry that has been created! Lake county just needs to play hard like they do when they play the Vikes & they'll be alright!

That's right.Come tournament time,those rankings won't mean anything.Sometimes Lake Co doesn't have the intensity when playing other teams.If they play as hard as they do against Union City and Humboldt,not many Single A teams would beat them.Or it would be a close game.The only thing about the rankings is if people thinks because Lake Co has several losses to bigger schools and good Single A teams like Humboldt,Perry Co and Union City..then once some of those 17-2 get on the floor..they may think different.Anyway.I'm sure we'll see each other a few more times this year.

We are 12-6. The boys record is one game behind the girls

Greenfield boys are playing very well this year.What I like about them is they are disciplined and run plays,set screens and backdoor cuts.Make you guard them.Defense has to be disciplined and stay home under the basket or a lot of backdoor layups.Other teams like Halls just want to run and not as difficult to guard,just whoever is the most athletic.Greenfield just may beat Lake Co,Union City and possibly Humboldt when it counts.And for Lake Co,could be as early as Friday night.

LCwild, don't think it is a negative post but some legitimate questions. First as far as the player being on the bench late it may be a trust issue with him being a freshman don't know for sure. I know he has been out of control as well at times and turned it over. Not a practice every day couldn't say for sure. As far as the one ballhandler that turned it over late, true he should have given the ball up but you got to have him on the floor. He and Devon Jones in my opinion are the two hardest working guys on the floor. They play with tremendous effort and are the team's best rebounders. They are also good garbage men(pick up loose balls and get put backs) due to this effort.The biggest concern for the falcons has to be scoring. The are shooting about 45% from the field(2pt shots), 20% from 3 pt. range and 52% from FT line. Those numbers are not great and the falcons are winning on effort, hustle and defense right now. The problem is when two equal teams play and play hard the one that puts the ball in the basket more wins. As you said BOTH teams played hard but Humboldt executed better in the end. Everyone at the game got their money's worth and even though I am disappointed with the loss I am proud of the Falcons effort.Good job LC and regroup for the big district game at Greenfield Friday.