coffee co wins 6AAA

mjuhb

This totally shocks me and probably does mess up the quads.

I am really upset at the system, 2 years in a row, Smyrna last year and Siegel this year have been left out so teams with losing records could get into the playoffs. This is a joke. I know people might find it hard to believe I am taking up for Siegel. What's more funny is that under last years formula, Coffee Co would have been the #1 or #2 seed in their quad! Siegel would have gone undefeated in District 6!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take it up with TSSAA...Coffee did what they had to do!

we would...but TSSAA will not listen nor do anything about it...

SO...we take it up with the masses on CoachT...might not get anything changed...but it sure makes you feel better... :flower:

System is messed up! :twisted:

Coffee County should forfeit their playoff spot...

teams with 3-7 records don't deserve to go the playoffs... :ph34r:

5 team district..Good job TSSAA..another reason this playoff system needs to be scrapped...it is not fair :popcorneater:

First, under the old system Coffee County would have hosted a first round game and would have kept hosting as long as they won because they were district champs.

Secondly, there are alot of 5 or 6 teams district so dont throw Coffee County under the bus for that.

Coffee County DID what they had to do to get in. They are NOT a wild card or second in the district; they are DISTRICT CHAMPIONS. Sure I'll be the first one to agree that District 7AAA is stronger than District 6AAA, but 1) not all the Rutherford County can or should get in the playoffs and 2) if Siegal wins the games on their schedule then they get in.

Lastly, I HATE this system that Ronnie Carter left us. The old system was better and fairer. Coaches and players should be able to win or lose games and playoff positions on the field and NOT on someone's computer, media ranking, or a chalkboard.

Congrats to Coach Nunley and his staff at Coffee County. You did what you had to do. Good luck in the playoffs. You earned the right to be there.

First, under the old system Coffee County would have hosted a first round game and would have kept hosting as long as they won because they were district champs.

Secondly, there are alot of 5 or 6 teams district so dont throw Coffee County under the bus for that.

Coffee County DID what they had to do to get in. They are NOT a wild card or second in the district; they are DISTRICT CHAMPIONS. Sure I'll be the first one to agree that District 7AAA is stronger than District 6AAA, but 1) not all the Rutherford County can or should get in the playoffs and 2) if Siegal wins the games on their schedule then they get in.

Lastly, I HATE this system that Ronnie Carter left us. The old system was better and fairer. Coaches and players should be able to win or lose games and playoff positions on the field and NOT on someone's computer, media ranking, or a chalkboard.

Congrats to Coach Nunley and his staff at Coffee County. You did what you had to do. Good luck in the playoffs. You earned the right to be there.

You can't read..not throwing Coffee County under the bus..throwing the TSSAA under the bus. You said it yourself, the old system was better!!!

I totally agree that sub .500 teams shouldn't quailify for the playoffs but the TSSAA seems to be satisfied with it. They absolutely screwed up the process with the redistricting and playoff structure. Maybe they will open their eyes one day and think about the quaility of the product and not just the revenue.

Congrats to Coach Nunnley and the team on winning the distict and finishing the regular season on a good note. You did what you needed to do within the structure you were given.